[REQUEST] eMachines EM350 unlock BIOS

OK, no worries, no rush from me!

Normal people would not be able to find or use those hotkeys, very rare cases and only by people that really know.
I doubt kids would find a way, and I doubt such is possible on older/cheaper machines like this.

What I would suggest, at least in any Insyde BIOS case like this, is to use the setting I mentioned instead, User Access Level >> Set to View Only.
Then the only way around that would be via BIOS mod, or relfashing NVRAM variables via DOS/Shell etc, which I doubt kids would waste time sorting out how to do

I’m back now, and had downloaded and installed the Final Mod of the BIOS already!
Everything is just working fine! No need to create another Mod!

Tomorrow I’ll do the final setup of that machine with Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and all required Software App, like MS Office, PHP, Python, Apache, and others. A special installation will be RAdmin Server, totally invisible for the user, so I could monitor how the machine is used. That’s done with all of the machines the school has from me already on working. There fore I also know that some of the kids are really trying to hacking into the system of the machine and their BIOS’s, as well as to other machines on LAN and Internet!
Never underestimate what kids are able to do!! And they are learning much faster as we older people doing! That is not bad at all, it’s just the normal way of life is going special for kind as they are growing up! We all were the same in the past of our life, so we should look to ourselves first before judging!

And I also ordered already a CH341A complete Programmer Set for THB 262.00 which is about US$ 8,51!! Will arrive from China until Nov. 25. 2020!

Thanks a lot again and hope you had a great weekend.
Cheers.

Ok, enough about that. I’ve to say a big Thank You Very Much to you for your work patient with me!

@Quaxth - OK, well, I thought maybe you’d want something hidden again at Security page, that’s why I said take an image and circle what you want hidden.
Ohh, yes, I know what you mean about kids, and they learn a lot and quick these days! It’s because they are basically born with cellphone and tablet now

Great you have programmer set on the way, everyone that messes with BIOS should have a set, it’s too cheap not to. You should also get 1.8v adapter, some newer systems have 1.8v chip, not a whole lot right now but I’m sure it will be more common in the future too.

You’re very welcome!! Thank you too, for being patient with me and testing as I work!
I prefer to do things in small steps sometimes, so I don’t have to work backwards and try to find the cause of issues, but I bet you figured that out already. Sometimes I will do all at once, if I already know more about the BIOS than I did on this one

This is the CH341A Programmer Set I ordered: https://i.postimg.cc/dV2Jwzg1/Main-Off-32.png and it has the 1.8V included. I use Lazada and/or Shopee Thailand to order and buy because using both I could pay COD! It depends on the country of origin how long the delivery takes, could be up to 20days. Even if I could get something locally, those mainly more expensive instead of using that 2 Delivers, the local prices could be up to even more than double!

The final BIOS in the last build is ok and working in all aspects. Good Job was done by you!! I’m now installing all the needed App and will bring it together with a few Laser Printer to Pattaya on Wednesday or Thursday. Those Laser Printers I was getting for free after a Write-Off from a local company and they are still in a quite good condition.

The next one will be the Aspire 4745G, I’m just waiting for the replacement parts to fix the Motherboard. Those should come in the next week, hopefully. It would be the first time to exchange the Memory Sockets, never done that before. It’s a double holder socket and one is a malfunction, could use max 4GB of Memory (2 x 2GB or 1 x 4GB, 2 x 4GB did not work!). And also the speed of the MB is slow, if I use 2 x 2GB, if I use 1 x 4GB in the good socket, the speed is normal. So it should be the Double Holder Socket. Or you think otherwise?

Thanks a lot for your hard and good work.

Cheers.

@Quaxth - I agree, for stuff like this, unless it’s an emergency, I order cheap and wait out long shipping too
Nice, that kit has spring adapter for off board chips too

Thanks for feedback last/final one is OK, I will toss out all previous ones now and keep only that for anyone that needs later.

Good luck changing out the memory slots, I’ve never done those before either! Yes, best to have dual channel if possible!
If you can detect memory in both slots, when using both, or swapping one to another by itself, then slot is OK.

With your permission, can I load the modified BIOS?

YES, I did not have any problem with that! Just go ahead!!

And have a happy New Year 2022 too!

Thank you for your prompt reply. I can’t find the download file?

OK, I uploaded the final unlocked BIOS for the EM350 to fileconvoy.com: Read below! The file will be deleted after 5 days from that site. Hope that will help you!

Use 7Zip only for extraction of that archive. 7Zip is Freeware!

Your file(s) have been successfully uploaded.

The file(s) you have just uploaded can be retrieved using the link or URL provided below. Save this link NOW as you will not be able to get it back once you leave this page. You must send this link to every recipient of your file(s). They will be able to retrieve the file(s) by pasting this link (bold part only) into the address bar of any browser [Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc.].

The link or URL you must send to the recipient(s) of your file(s) is:
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g1f…a1d9bcb11f91350
The file(s) that can be retrieved with the above link is (are):

eMachines EM350-1.10-ModM8_Final-Full-Unlock.7z (1.548 MB)
The file(s) will be available on the server for the next 5 days.

Thank you, everything worked out for me. Happy New Year!!!

Good day.
Give me a link to the BIOS file too, please.

For Emachines EM350 (NAV51) I recomendation modded video drivers:
for Windows XP
Chell v1.7b (Intel GMA 3150) - 32bit
The Trixarian Zone » Chell Modded Video Drivers
for Windows 7/8/10
Chell v1.8b - 32/64bit
The Trixarian Zone » Chell Modded Video Drivers
Chell v1.8b Modded Video Drivers | Operating System Revival
or
PHDGD Fermi 2 (Intel GMA 3150) - 64bit
Intel Modded PHDGD Driver | Operating System Revival

There is a modified vBIOS file inside the "PHDGD Fermi 2" archive, but I don’t know how to integrate it into the EM350 BIOS.

vbios.zip (111 KB)

I’ll upload that BIOS to Fileconvoy again now. Please keep in mind that is for 5 days only.

OK, here you go:
Your file(s) have been successfully uploaded.

The file(s) you have just uploaded can be retrieved using the link or URL provided below. Save this link NOW as you will not be able to get it back once you leave this page. You must send this link to every recipient of your file(s). They will be able to retrieve the file(s) by pasting this link (bold part only) into the address bar of any browser [Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc.].

The link or URL you must send to the recipient(s) of your file(s) is:
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g5c0d45a64b5818d21000404744ae85986474461adf
The file(s) that can be retrieved with the above link is (are):

eMachines EM350-1.10-ModM8_Final-Full-Unlock.7z (1.548 MB)
The file(s) will be available on the server for the next 5 days.

Can you please upload it again?
Many thankx

A similar BIOS could be downloaded from here: https://chomikuj.pl/TirNaNog/FIRMWARE/BIOS/Insyde

I’m sorry to ask, but what file exactly to download from Chomikuj? I don’t feel like bricking this netbook.

Same, I need the BIOS for this netbook. All above links are dead.