REQUEST for a custom BIOS for my Maximus X Hero Non-WiFi

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

@Main_Fighter - Here you go, change log included, flash via USB Flashback
https://ufile.io/w2fpcweu
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…062411873967906

Works perfectly, thanks mate.

@Main_Fighter - Thanks for the quick test and report back

Hi can I flash this bios you made for user "main fighter"(maximus x hero non-wifi) on my hero x(non-wifi), with this cpuid?

ssssssssss.png

@royal - I have made BIOS for both Wifi and Non-Wifi, so why would you want to crossflash to other model (this is not suggested, or needed here)
Ohh, I see, you have same board, but you’re just talking about different CPU It’s OK, 8700K and 8600K use same CPUID/Microcode, so you want BIOS at post #62 ^^

@Lost_N_BIOS

Any way you can do the following tweaks as before except the CPU Microcode on ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO-WI-FI-AC

I have 8700k (906EA) if you need to know what cpu i have, probably don’t need it cause i would like to keep the CPU Microcode as is on 2402

Enable following BIOS Options -
1. HPET option
2. TCO Timer
3. IOAPIC 24-119
4. XHCI Legacy
5. XHCI Hand-off
6. USB KB/Mouse Sim
7. SPD Write Disable
8. CPU SMM submenu (ALL inner contents)
9. Legacy IO Low Latency
Due to the way certain things are suppressed, other than mention settings may also now be revealed in BIOS

Hi,

I tried to find previous downloads but the links expired.

So, kindly requesting Maximus X Hero WiFi BIOS mod with the following which I pasted from another user:

- Default 2402 ucode
- HPET option
- TCO Timer
- IOAPIC 24-119
- xHCI Legacy
- xHCI Hand-off
- USB KB/Mouse Sim
- SPD Write Disable
- CPU SMM submenu (ALL inner contents)
- Legacy IO Low Latency

Much thanks!
Howie

@howiec - Please link me to the other thread, I will merge this back into that thread, and reupload the file for you
Also, tell me what post # is the dead link of the file you want

@Lost_N_BIOS - Here’s the post (#62) https://www.win-raid.com/t5418f16-REQUEST-for-a-custom-BIOS-for-my-Maximus-X-Hero-Non-WiFi-4.html#msg123045

I guess technically it’s not completely dead, but I need to be a premium member for access on that site.

I believe you may have provided both the WiFi and the non-WiFi version in that post.

Thanks again!

@howiec - Thanks, merging your thread to that thread It’s just dead link, my usual site was down that week probably, so I used one that only keeps links alive for 30 days
New link added at post #62

@Kevinz26 - What post # BIOS do you need, but with original microcodes left as they were?

@Lost_N_BIOS Thank you kind sir! Is that the non-wifi version though? Sorry, I was guessing that the upload had both versions but I guess it didn’t. I have the WiFi AC mb and assume I should not flash the non-wifi version.

@howiec - You’re welcome! About the board variants, I don’t know, I’d have to check
I only uploaded what you asked, I didn’t look into what BIOS or board etc - that’s for you to do before you ask for new link
I checked it out - The post you requested #62, is BIOS for Non-Wifi The file inside that is USB Flashback ready (M10H.CAP)

USB Flashback names for both boards >>
Non-Wifi = M10H.CAP
Wifi AC = M10HWIFI.CAP << If you need this, see post #46 for link

Of course Asus releases a new, 2503, BIOS immediately after I flashed, haha.

@howiec - Of course, that is my luck causing that
So, my assumption is correct then I take it?? Or, do you want to try 2503 for a while first?

@Lost_N_BIOS - Hehe, I would love a modded 2503 WiFi ver if possible

I just tried 2503 and so far no issues.

@howiec - OK, I will redo/update both now while I’m here, I’m sure everyone will want update anyway so might as well
--------------------

@ColonelStrike @jeffrds @redf0x @levski @Main_Fighter @royal @howiec
Here is both WIFI AC & Non-WIFI update mod BIOS 2503 - Flash via USB Flashback ONLY, this is stock modified BIOS!!!

*** Both models included in below link, be sure to pick correct one per your model or flash will (should) fail
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…452132424016517

USB Flashback names for both boards >>
Non-Wifi = M10H.CAP
Wifi AC = M10HWIFI.CAP

Enable following BIOS Options -
1. HPET option
2. TCO Timer
3. IOAPIC 24-119
4. XHCI Legacy
5. XHCI Hand-off
6. USB KB/Mouse Sim
7. SPD Write Disable
8. CPU SMM submenu (ALL inner contents)
9. Legacy IO Low Latency
Due to the way certain things are suppressed, other than mention settings may also now be revealed in BIOS

- CPU Microcode edit to pre-Spectre/Meltdown for i7-8600K/906EA
- Removed 906EA Rev D6 (04/27/2020) >> Replaced with Rev 70 (8/23/2017)

@Kevinz26 - Or anyone that wants stock microcodes as-is, Same as above, but microcodes left as stock
*** Both models included in below link, be sure to pick correct one per your model or flash will (should) fail
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…389798824677116

Awesome, you’re the best!

Will try shortly.

@howiec - You’re welcome! Yes, please post back and let me know if all is OK (should be fine )

@Lost_N_BIOS - Running the 2503 WiFi pre-Spectre/Meltdown version with no issues thus far on my 8700k!

Nice work!