[Request] Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED BIOS unlocked

For sure ^^ this! Also, remove that change in windows first, before you apply in BIOS

@dlinfiniti

Ah, thank you for that suggestion!

So, just to check that my understanding is correct, I can use Intel XTU to test and discover the lowest stable CPU voltage, and then when Iā€™ve determined that, I can clear those settings in the application, and then make those changes in the BIOS?

Edit: Iā€™ve made slight changes to the voltage using Intel XTU, but I am uncertain how to apply those changes. Iā€™ve saved the settings, but the Apply button is greyed out. Not sure if Iā€™m missing something obvious!

exactly :slight_smile:

Okay, cool!

Also I made an edit to my previous post just as you responded, so I am putting that additional comment here so it isnā€™t missed :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve made slight changes to the voltage using Intel XTU, but I am uncertain how to apply those changes. Iā€™ve saved the settings, but the Apply button is greyed out. Not sure if Iā€™m missing something obvious!

Edit: Hereā€™s a screenshot of the changes I made to the voltage!

1.png

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS , hope you are well.
Have the Aero 15 OLED KB Laptop, and looking to get the BIOS unlocked. If you could help me that would be awesome.
Had to use the RU method to disable bios lock.

My Intel ME Version: 14.0, Build 1120, Hot Fix 31 used System tools v14.0.20+ r10

Hereā€™s the dumped BIOS file: http:// s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=52472543544824829474
Thank you for your help!

@enderfish - Try other version of XTU (ie if using 7, try 6.5, if using 6.5 try 7) - Also test with and without ā€œXTU Interfaceā€ enabled in the BIOS.

@rezzy_s - Youā€™re welcome! And yes, I am well, thank you!!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦875224643755998

Here you go, flash it back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just donā€™t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user rezzy_s at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not rezzy_s, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

Thanks @Lost_N_BIOS , much appreciated.

@rezzy_s - Youā€™re welcome, enjoy!

Hello!

First of all, I have something to tell you.
Iā€™m not good at English, so I use machine translation.
Iā€™m sorry.

I want to see the hidden settings in the BIOS.

PC Model: Gigabyte AERO 15-Y9(i7 8750H)
BIOS version: BIOS FB08 & EC F007

The BIOS lock variable was 0xB48.
I will send you the one with the BIOS unlocked.

Thanks.

BIOS lock variable.png

biosreg.zip (4.99 MB)

@aoi - Here you go, flash back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦547002465887991

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just donā€™t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user aoi at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not aoi, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

1 Like

Thank you for quick response.

Youā€™re welcome @aoi - Enjoy, and be careful as mentioned

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS , sorry to be a hassle. Ive been trying adjust the offset voltage through software but its not working. In XTU the offset voltage is greyed out and throttlestop it allows it but sets it arbitrarily.

So in throttlestop CPU core offset shows the change in XTU (but grey out) but cpu cache or intel GPU/ iGPU Slice doesnā€™t seem to be setting. I can go upto 150 for cpu core and 80mV for the others which doesnā€™t seem correct.

I have enabled overclocking mode in bios and have tried XTU enabled and disabled. Still no difference.

Any clues as to what Iā€™m doing wrong.
Thanks again

@rezzy_s - No hassle, wish I could offer you some real help! Try different XTU version, if you are using 6.x now, try 7, if you are using 7 now, try 6.x.
Also, you may need to reset defaults in throttletstop and remove it, before XTU can work properly, I am not sure but sometimes if you use one it will be the ā€œcontrollingā€ factor, so may not let other stuff function properly.
Sorry, but other than that, I donā€™t know, I donā€™t have any of these systems. Others have discussed this in this thread, and the other one (here), everyone gets it working

My advice is always set all this in BIOS, AFTER disabling and resetting any software changes made in windows, then uninstall the programs (With any and all programs/methods etc)
But that comes with risks, itā€™s much easier to set too low of a voltage in the BIOS and have to recover with programmer, so if you go this route be very careful.

Thanks again @Lost_N_BIOS , I will try that and hopefully see how that goes. Might look into the programmer as well.

@rezzy_s - Youā€™re welcome! You may want to peek into this thread for some memory overclocking and or XTU tips, pages 24-27, 37, 39, 45 (And maybe earlier posts by saltinbank too)
[Request] Unlock advanced menu on 2019 Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 (45)

@Lost_N_BIOS
Recently im trying to unlock Aero15-KB(no oled)'s BIOS LOCK, but im tried both modGrub and ru.efi and they hints me 0x000000000000001a error! headache.

Hope if you could help me!! Thanks

First, I canā€™t speak English. Sorry.

I also have an AERO 15 XB(i7 - 10875) and I want to do ā€œCPU UNDERVOLTINGā€.

(There are two bios files on the GIGABYTE official site.
HFB07 HFD07 and FB06 FD06)

Unfortunately for me this forum is complex and unfamiliar.

What can I do to make the BIOS modification?

For example, refer to some guide page or how to dump biosā€¦

Thanks for the help.

@newbie_T_T - Merged your post to the main thread

See post #23 & 189 - BUT DO NOT use the variable given there to do the unlock!!
I need you to link me to your BIOS download page first (not direct BIOS link), and tell me what BIOS version you are using, then I will give you correct variable info that you need to change

@DayAndLight - See above

Thanks for your help.

I used FPTW.exe to dump the BIOS. Is this normal? Or what should I do?
(Did you misunderstand what you were saying?)

HWINFO64 :
Intel Core i7-10875H
Intel HM470 (Comet Lake PCH-H)
GIGABYTE AERO 15 Studio XB
05/27/2020
HFB07

dump:
ttp://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=45119511646647089961
------------------

Would it be easier to check after updating to FB06 FD06 BIOS than HFB07 BIOS? FB06 BIOS seems to have checked before.

1.jpg

2.jpg