[Request] Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED BIOS unlocked

Which ram modules do you have?

Hi!
I have a new laptop and want to unlock the BIOS in it too.
drive.google .com/file/d/1DtoxozsjfGSeRev_DR2Fgcv6zNZfWmhD/view?usp=sharing

Thank you very much.
Regards, Pietr.

ps. sendspace is currently not working.

@Pietr

Hi friend, you have unlock the Eeprom Write Variable, follow the Tutotials :

[Request] Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED BIOS unlocked (39)

Your Variables are :

FPRR VarOffset - 0x6DD

BIOS Lock VarOffset - 0x17

Manufacturer - GIGABYTE
Model - AERO 15
BIOS release - HFB07 02/24/2021
BIOS platform - AMI Aptio 5

Use RU shell to set to 0x00 them and after unlocked them use this bios mod , just run the Write.bat program by double click on :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lyaka5o4b…07_Mod.rar/file

Let me know
Regards

P.S. post a Bios Menu Tabs Photo to check that all is ok

Hi @BDMaster ,

its me again… got bios update from FB06 to FB07 for my AERO 15S OLED XB , wipe all of the mod by you… can you make it again?

here is my sendspace link :

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mo6ox7

Many thanks…

Regards

@aryo

Here you go :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/okqonyrce…07_Mod.rar/file

let me know
Regards

P.S. post a Bios Mod Photo please …

@BDMaster

wow many thanks… so my Eeprom write variable still the same ?

using also this ?

FPRR VarOffset - 0x6DD

BIOS Lock VarOffset - 0x17

Regards,

Aryo

@aryo

Yes friend !!!

Finally Thanks @BDmaster

1632659795659.jpg

sorry for the late reply… got covid, your bios mod success 100 percent… awesome… thank you so much

Hi I have a Aorus 15P XD(i7-11800H, 3070 130W) and I need to have the bios unlocked. Could you help if you’re still modding?
Link: wwwsendspacecom/file/wrthnd

Thanks in advance. I’m a new user so it wouldn’t allow me to post the link just add the periods :slight_smile:

Hello I have a Gigabyte Aero 15 KC OLED (I7 10850h, 3060) I am wanting to hackintosh this laptop

My Bios is currently FB03/F001

Link to bios backup is wwwsendspacecom/file/a66mzm

Thank You

Hi @BDMaster
Thanks for the help you are providing here!

I have a couple of questions regarding unlocking the BIOS.

1. If I have the same machine (AERO 15 OLED KD - 11800H & 3060) and same BIOS version (FB07) as @aryo has, can I just get the mod you sent to him and use it on my laptop? Without making EEPROM unlock/reading backup/etc?

2. As I understand in order to disable secure boot on Gigabyte laptop the only option we have is to "delete all secure boot variables" and enter Setup mode.
Can it be undone after that (so the variables will be restored)? Or the only way is to go away in Setup mode or adding my own variables?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I just bought the wonderful Aero 15 OLED KC but of course I have almost no options in the BIOS… I would like to have the BIOS unlocked if possible.

- CPU : i7-10870H
- GPU : RTX 3060
- BIOS FW Version : FB03
- EC FW Version : F001
- Intel ME Version : 14.0

My BIOS backup file : —

EDIT: this is no longer necessary, I was helped on another forum. Thanks anyway

@FeelFine
That BIOS won’t work. He has a B generation machine. Yours is a D generation. I’ve unlocked the latest FB07 BIOS for the D generation machines (Aero OLED 15 KD/XD/YD).

mega.nz /file/y1kDQYaC#CxVKWIMYaImD1Ry8RjWobPboZPdQNqMG_VwGnDiUPnY

Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED KD/XD/YD
- Intel 11th Generation CPUs
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/3070/3080
BIOS FB07
EC F004
For Windows 10 version 21H1 (Build 19043)
* Info from Gigabyte website

It has the batch file from BDMaster for easy flashing. Great piece of script.

EDIT: Updated with new FPT version to avoid errors while attempting to flash

Hi @TheEeebbb !

So Gigabyte BIOSes aren’t “user-specific”?
We’re not going to “loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.” ?

https:// www. win-raid. com/t9490f54-REQUEST-Gigabyte-Aorus-P-XC-H-P-W-trying-to-undervolt-BIOS-is-locked.html#msg150707

BDMaster already did the work on an identical Gigabyte Aorus laptop as mine.
Can I safely use his modded BIOS?

Cheers.

@thlunasa BIOSes are definitely not user specific otherwise you wouldn’t be able to distribute a general BIOS update to users on a manufacturer website. BIOS dumps OTOH contain user/machine specific information in their nvram partitions. The key is separating the proper partitions and ensuring only common presets are flashed and not user specific data. Its entirely possible to sanitize a dump for generic flashing but I’m going to presume (I didn’t check the mods posted here) they’re not. So would have to do that yourself if you want to flash their dump. You’re better off just modding a copy of your own BIOS instead.

Translation: don’t flash someone elses BIOS dump

But good point bringing that up. That reminded me to check if I uploaded the properly sanitized BIOS on my post.

Right, so it’s not that “Gigabyte BIOS dumps are sanitized compared to other manufacturers,” rather "TheEeebbb has a sanitized FB07 of that one Aero model."
I downloaded UEFITools and poked around for a few minutes, a couple weeks ago, but I can’t say I have any understanding of how to use it - whether to sanitize someone else’s or to mod my own.

I don’t suppose you’ve got any tips for me?
Thanks!

@BDMaster
Hi, I updated to the new FB07 BIOS for my Aero and lost my unlock. Here’s the dump of my the new BIOS, can you help me mod and unlock again? Thanks!

www{dot}sendspace{dot}com/file/leykuv

It really depends on how your BIOS menus are hidden. If you have shadow menus; ie. duplicate menus with user options and developer options you can try the following. You’ll need to use uefitools to extract an uncompressed copy of your ‘setup’ and ‘amitse’ modules. Then use ifr extractor to create a human readable printout of the forms from the setup module. Locate the root setup menu and note the form id. This menu should have references to all the menu tabs. You need to identify the location of this form id within your amitse. Then you swap the ids of the developer menus with the ids of the user menus. replace the modded amitse within your bios using uefitools. That’s the basics. Make sure to have a backup dump of your bios so you can restore if you mess it up. Caution should be exercised when modding and no other modules should be messed up. Otherwise you’ll need another computer and a programmer to reflash your bios.

Laptop Aero 15 XD. 11800h + rtx 3070
bios FB07 + EC04

I tried to unlock bios with guide from @BDMaster

but have problem on basic step -
i disabled secure boot and TPM module from bios settings. But not able to change BiosLock variable from RU
it shows me error: Write variable failed: 0x0000001A

Looks like some security lock. But i cant understand how t bypass it. Original gigabyte software easily could update bios from windows.
Any advice?

0x45E90 One Of: Flash Protection Range Registers (FPRR), VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x683, VarStore: 0x6, QuestionId: 0x9B1, Size: 1, Min: 0x0, Max 0x1, Step: 0x0 {05 91 19 16 1A 16 B1 09 06 00 83 06 10 10 00 01 00}
0x45EA1 One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 (default) {09 07 04 00 30 00 00}
0x45EA8 One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 {09 07 03 00 00 00 01}

0x513C7 One Of: BIOS Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x1C, VarStore: 0x6, QuestionId: 0xDE4, Size: 1, Min: 0x0, Max 0x1, Step: 0x0 {05 91 85 16 4D 10 E4 0D 06 00 1C 00 10 10 00 01 00}
0x513D8 One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 07 04 00 00 00 00}
0x513DF One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 (default) {09 07 03 00 30 00 01}