[REQUEST] - Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5 - HPET Toggle

Hey,

I’ve been scouring the interenet recently trying to track down details as to wether or not my board ever had a visible HPET option in the bios. There’s a few scant mentions of it being availible on other Z87 boards at some point, though later bios versions apparently removed it:

There’s also a few mentions of an unreleased “T01” version of the bios, which apparently fixed issues with general issues with stutter:

In fact it was at one point referenced by a user here on Win-Raid:

Recently I managed to flash back to an earlier modded version of my bios (F9) and noticed an improvement in general preformance and DPC latency - which I’ve struggled with for years.
I noticed other users have had requests for modded BIOS’s answered as recently as a month ago so I figured I’d at least finally screw up the courage to ask if:

A) Anyone would possibly be able to modify my existing BIOS to unhide the rumoured HPET option.

And failing that, if anyone might potentially still have a copy of the fabled F01 bios they would be happy to share.

Thanks in advance.

sniper m5-f9-mod.zip (5.74 MB)

@11.11.11 - I can make you F10 BIOS with HPET disabled (Default is enabled), or if you want to see the option in BIOS I can do that but you have to pick some current setting for me to replace with High Precision Timer.
Here is BIOS T01, HPET is enabled on this one too, and I don’t see it as a visible to user option - Sniper M5 T01 BIOS

Thanks so much Lost! And doubley so for the speedy response. I’d really appreciate a version of F10 with the toggle replacing an existing setting. Judging from the threads about the HPET option on Gigabyte it seems that it would usually show up under the CPU power options?

If I’ve understood that correctly, trading Power on by mouse or keyboard for HPET would be awesome.

If it’s not too much hassle - I’d really appreciate a HPET toggle-able version of the F9 modded bios I linked in my OP as well, in case the stability issues with F10 crop up again.

Do you have a patreon or a paypal or something by any chance I could throw a small donation your way via? It really feels unfair to get such a quick answer to questions and concerns 6 years in the making for me.

@11.11.11 - You’re welcome! So, what BIOS is the above image from? It’s certainly not G1 Sniper M5, there is no power menu section in this board.
Ohh, I see it’s actually “Power Management” section! Well still, if that image is from this board, it’s not from F10 or T01 BIOS, since HPET is not located there in either BIOS.

Yes, I can replace power on by mouse or keyboard with High Precision Timer for you in F9 and F10

Yes, I have a way you could send something my way if you want, I’ll shoot you a PM right now, and then make you those BIOS. I’ll edit in BIOS shortly (Well, soon, it takes a while to do this kind of edit)

* Edit - @11.11.11 - Here is F9 only, based on your mod BIOS as base. Please test, check and confirm all is OK and then if so I will do F10 too
@ M.I.T. >> Miscellaneous Settings >>
3DM01 Boost >> Replaced w/ >> High Precision Timer

Flash via Qflash or DOS/EFIFlash only (DO NOT FPT Flash)

https://ufile.io/y4u68x2q

---------------------

@11.11.11

I have a better solution to this now, than replacing that 3DMark01 setting, or the ones I mentioned to you in last PM, this way you get to keep that too!
Isochronous Support could be replaced instead, since it’s hidden from you anyway. Make the setting visible, and replace it with HPET, then leave the default variable for that setting (enabled)
This way wouldn’t need figuring out the 3 options vs two, it only has two options! So, once I have some time, I can redo both F9 and F10 like that instead, if you think it’s worth the time to do?
If not, I’m sure someone will request I do that instead someday, so if/when that happens, I’ll tag you

Here is Mod F10 thread - Gigabyte G1.Sniper M5 (Z87) F10 -HPET NVME Mod

@Lost_N_BIOS

Thanks again for all your awesome work!

I had some ideas about the 3Dmark01 option which I PM’d you. Regardless of those though, I really appreciate the quick and professional resolution to my issues! Hopefully anyone else with the M5 will find this useful too.

@11.11.11 - You’re welcome, I appreciate your great supportive comments and follow up too
Please let me know if/when you test the F10 BIOS, so I can know it’s confirmed working/OK.

I will update here, and probably in PM too, once I have time to do what we’ve been discussing