[Request] Gigabyte G5 KC Bios Unlock/ Mod

@ragnar13
Download link.
Unpack the archive, click on FLASH.bat and new BIOS menus will become available.

Hello Sweet Kitten!

You only need the BIOS backup to help me ?? I want the bios-mod :smiley:

Hello, @sementalac !
Only the BIOS backup required.

Hello Sweet Kitten !

First of all thank you for helping us ^^ and I would like to unlock my bios too so i can undervolt my cpu because my temps are too high :slight_smile:

I have made the backup and here is the link w ww.sendspace.com/file/dfyncd

And i am a first timer so is it safe or it can brick ? And i guess i won’t be able to use the original bios if i unlocked it right ? like i won’t have the original interface and stuff ?

Thank you Sweet Kitten.

Hello. It can brick only if you configure something wrong in the unlocked BIOS, for example, lower the processor voltage too much. To avoid this, ask around the guys from this thread.

In general, the only thing that will change is that new settings will be ADDED. The rest will remain the same.

Your modded BIOS. Extract and run "FLASH.bat" to install it.

Hello Sweet Kitten!!

w ww.sends pace. com/file/khqrne

Your BIOS mod, @sementalac

I see Thank you Sweet Kitten and is there someone here that have undervolted his laptop and that can give me the ThrottleStop values i have an i5-10500h thanks guys.

All its working perfectly

Really thanks @Sweet_Kitten

Hi, @Sweet_Kitten ! I really hope to try undervolting the CPU of my Gigabyte G5 to control temperature. Hope you can help me out.
Here’s my BIOS backup: https: //drive .google .com/file/d/1aLONiVnW1s6hxHql4MKvK7i6j-2xD93O/view?usp=sharing (sorry I can’t post a link yet)
Thank you very much!

Hi!
Your BIOS mod. Run FLASH.bat to install it.

@Sweet_Kitten , thank you very much for the mod! I am now able to see the advanced BIOS settings on my laptop.
However, I can’t seem to unlock the CPU core voltage sliders in ThrottleStop even after switching the Show CPU Voltage item to “Enabled”. I also left CPU voltage setting to “Adaptive” and didn’t changed any voltage values as I’m afraid I might brick the device.

Are there any other BIOS options I should enable? Thanks!

Edit: I have tried setting the CPU voltage to “Overdrive” thinking it would work… but my laptop is now bricked unfortunately. The laptop is turning on but doesn’t have display. Keyboard light rotates once then fixes to blue. I tried removing the CMOS battery up to 15 mins. but still doesn’t work. Please help.

Throttlestop is not affiliated with Intel, I can only suggest to use XTU instead.

I think that the only way to recover is to buy SPI programmer (CH341A for example) and rewrite memory chip with the saved BIOS backup. Download 16MB BIOS dump of all regions from the link you posted earlier.
You are not the first of the owners of G5 in this thread who lost the device. Because of this, I decide to stop contributing to unlocking the Gigabyte G5/G7 BIOS.

My apologies. I just didn’t know/searched on what settings I should’ve and should’ve not enabled. Thank you very much for your help.

It’s a shame, because with -125 I have managed to go down 15 degrees while maintaining stability.

I hope you can get the pc back.

@frncs Try removing the laptop battery, the cmos battery, and with the charger connected, boot the computer. Try several times, and you should eventually get a screen informing you that the bios defaults are going to be applied.

Hello!! I want to ask a question, mainly out of curiosity, since with my good undervolt temperatures I am happy.

Our RAM comes in at 3200mhz, but the 10500h (or the 10750h) is limited to 2999mhz.

In the bios I see that it can go up to 3200mhz, is it possible? Does it carry brick risk, or is it just like a slight OC?

Your responses are appreciated.

Hi sweet kitten, can i get a bios where i can undervolt my cpu please? here is a link to download backup: https:// drive.google.com/ file /d/ 1TzRwqNJ5ksZ_3hsQBGgJ77j6HXDCpsk9/ view?usp=sharing

Yes friends, i will give a look about this mod file …

Good morning

One last question before the thread is abandoned.

If someone wanted to go back to their original bios, would they just have to install it from the official drivers?

And then I could continue installing the modified bios, right?

It is for the future to test if my modifications are positive or negative.

Thanks!!