[REQUEST] Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H HPET option

Sure, it’s no problem to make you one of each Just for the 22 version, you will have to do the disable windows from loading it’s own thing.
I know the feeling, I used to do some benchmarking myself
--------------------

* Edit -
@pepeo - OK, after many days, and 35+ BIOS edits/tests later on my end, nearly 500MB of files for my board and probably near similar amount for your board/BIOS too
I have to throw in my hat on this setting swap, I still cannot make this correct in the Fancy UI. I think Id have to get into the theme area editing to change that one, and for this it’s really not worth all the time, type of editing/testing that involves.
Sorry

So, this is what I can do - NVME mod would be a given in all
1. Make you a fixed BIOS like I sent recently at post #33, where you only see the HPET setting at legacy UI, w/ corrected help info/description.
I tested and confirmed that this edit is properly enable/disable HPET at save BIOS setting level by changing then dumping BIOS and checking applied NVRAM value
And then also confirmed at OS level via device manager in Win7 (HPET present or not) and by CPU-z timer change in Win10 (always remains in device manger w/ win10, this is known given).
For this I would make one each, w/ the 2x microcode changes you wanted (two BIOS total)

2. Make you a standard non-setting edited BIOS, where I hard disable HPET by default.
For this, I would make you a dual set, microcode changes x2 BIOS you wanted, one each with HPET default / HPET hard disabled and microcode 22 / 28 for each (So x4 BIOS total)

3. All of the above = 6 BIOS total to play w/ for benching

@Lost_N_BIOS Wow that was a journey hahahah, lots of edits but finally made it, youre awesome. About the options, number 1 is the best i think, for me theres no problem at all togling to legacy bios interface, and having the possibility to turn it on and off there is better i think. Its also easier for you, just 2 bios then, one with 22 and other with 28 microcode. I cant thank you enough for this and also im very sorry for all the confusion and work.

@pepeo - Yes, it’s be a journey on this one! Sadly I did not make it though, not really, I gave in for now…
As I mentioned in PM though, I have this board setup beside me, and I hate letting BIOS win, so I’m sure I’ll dig into the theme and see about getting it changed in the fancy UI side too.

As for #1, I thought maybe we’d get lucky and the fancy UI setting would still be the swapped HPET no matter it saying 3DMark still, but I tested and confirmed it does not change HPET at all like the proper legacy option, still only enable/disables the benchmark option.
So I’ll have to find that in the theme area, since it’s not being controlled by the normal BIOS settings content stuff at all like usual settings.

You’re welcome! And definitely no need for you to apologize, I enjoy the challenge, and like to kick BIOS butt when I can, as I’m sure you noticed.
Sorry though from me, I lost the battle on this one, for now anyway

OK, I will make you BIOS #1 set here shortly
* Edit - Here you go - https://ufile.io/3mui3w1e
Flash from legacy Qflash too, meaning go into legacy UI, then hit F8 to Qflash
Just in case something isn’t writing in properly from the fancy UI Qflash

@Lost_N_BIOS Thank you very much, just tested those two and they work flawlessly. Dont worry about the graphical UI settings, i dont mind using the legacy one, its exactly the same minus the wallpaper lol. I tested the HPET option and its working, im using a very tweaked windows 10 and i think i just got the world record for lower dpc latency for w10 2004 lol. The microcodes and windows registry setting also work great, now i have lots of testing to do comparing performance lol.

@pepeo - You’re welcome! You can change some stuff in the fancy UI that you can’t change in the legacy one.
You don’t have to “use” the legacy once, just F2 to go in there when you want to change HPET and then F2 once your done to go back to the fancy UI, the setting will remain changed

Great to hear the new BIOS has helped your in your benchmarks and testing etc, very nice to know!!