[REQUEST] Hidden settings - Acer Aspire A315-33-P40P

That’s not waiting… Do you have flash programmer?
If not, I am not 100% sure of the edit on this one, I think I see it but if you do not have flash programmer, it may be best for you to ask for unlocked BIOS menu edit over at BIOS-mods.com forum (They are Insyde BIOS unlock pros)

Sorry, I only know some Insyde editing, I can’t figure them all out for sure, unless you have programmer and cant test, let me know if OK or brick etc until we find (in some cases, like this one)
I can send you test edit, of my guess what I think it is, but I’m not sure, it may brick. If you don’t have programmer, better to ask the pros

@Lost_N_BIOS
I’m ready to check.

So, you have flash programmer? If yes, what is your BIOS chip ID, look with your eyes, do not rely on software to tell you.
Then I will tell you what software may be best to read and write with, then dump chip and send me a copy

Unfortunately, I don’t have a programmer, in which case, if I can’t do without it, I’ll try to find it in a store or order from China.
But I know a recovery method through Crisis Mode, which has helped me out several times.
I hope I don’t need it and we will succeed!

Ohh, well then your safest bet is to ask for unlocked BIOS at BIOS-mods forum, they will help and they will give you BIOS that is unlocked for sure first time and no bricks etc
I cannot promise that in this case, so I’d rather not do any edits here since you do not have flash programmer to recover from bricked BIOS

I would not trust crisis recovery in bricked BIOS case, it may not always work. Best to have CH341A or other programmer, and SOIC8 / SOP8 test clip, in advanced, before you need it
As for unlocked BIOS help at BIOS-mods, they will make you mod BIOS properly first time for Insyde BIOS

Let’s try it anyway, I’m ready to take responsibility for the brick bios :slight_smile:
I contacted bios-mods, unfortunately no one helped me and I contacted here

I am not though… How long ago did you ask for mod BIOS over there? You don’t seem to be a very patient person, so maybe you did not wait long enough yet?
I would bump your thread once every day or two (ONLY), then someone will help I’m sure.

I will try to help, but only after you get flash programmer, then it’s safe to test
Sorry, but I hate when BIOS bricks for users, so I do my best to avoid at all costs

Dudu2002 contacted me, after which we switched to communication by e-mail.
I flashed it bios mod, cyclic reboot. Later I restored the bios through the crisis mod.

So dudu2002 gave you bad BIOS? Did you let him know, so he could try it again? That is rare for him to make bad BIOS, I think he may be best Insyde BIOS editor
Why did you say no one helped you over there, and then say they did?? Sounds like you got help, but didn’t follow back up with them to get other BIOS attempt.

He said that I have a RSA key and cannot be bypassed or something like that

If your BIOS is RSA signed, then NO one can modify it.

* Edit - What do you need changed in the BIOS, you can make changes to any setting you want via editing vars

how can I be convinced of this myself? how to check whether the bios is signed? it’s just not HP…

See my edit above.
I don’t know how to tell if BIOS is signed like that directly, other than I can make simple test edit for you, like update a CPU microcode, then if that bricks, it’s for sure sign that it is RSA signed, or otherwise internally signed/checked etc
I will make you BIOS for this kind of test tonight when I get back, then we can find out.

Okay, let’s check it out then. If I restore the bios through the crisis mod, I myself smashed the bios a couple of times and he always helped me.

OK, tonight I will make you a test BIOS and we’ll see
Then if it bricks, you’ll have to tell me what you want unlocked BIOS for, and we can directly change via vars edit instead.

Okay, but I have night now, so I can hardly test when you send, most likely later.
Thanks for noticing and trying to help me.

@Lost_N_BIOS
Well, what about the test BIOS?
----------------------

So, I myself tried to replace the logo through H2OEZE, I used this tool in different versions.
In all cases, there was a cyclic reboot with a flashing screen backlight.
Looks like RSA Key’s defense is worth it.
@Lost_N_BIOS
Can you change the amount of memory allocated to the built-in graphics? thanks
UPDATE: thanks, no need, I myself was able to change the size of the allocated memory with the help of H2OUVE, sorry

@sergeyshibaev228 - I kept telling you NOT to use H2OUVE, this will brick the BIOS in many cases And, changing logo must be done in certain way, with properly formatted/created images
Yes, I can help you to change ANY setting, hidden or visible, via editing vars the same way we did the vars edit previously.

So, now that you changed what you wanted anyway, do you still want to test a microcode edit to see if the BIOS is RSA signed or not?

@Lost_N_BIOS
let’s check the test BIOS
the factory BIOS is flashed, the settings are reset to the factory ones and your varsm are applied

@sergeyshibaev228 - OK, lets update a microcode and test if bricks or not. If this does, then BIOS is RSA signed, or otherwise internally signed/checked etc.
Send me a current dump of the BIOS as it is now