(REQUEST) M2 NVME GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0

Hello long time lurker first time poster.

I recently purchased an m2 nvme drive and have spent days trying to mod the bios reading all the guides on the forum using cbrom_155. I just don’t know how to hex edit the proper hardware Ids. I can extract a pci module from an already modded bios but have had no success editing and re inserting to the new bios file. It’s been days of frustration can someone please help me out. This is the make and these are the hardware Ids

Ediloca EN600 PRO SSD 1TB PCle 3.0x4, NVMe M.2 2280

PCI\VEN_1E4B&DEV_1202&SUBSYS_12021E4B&REV_01
PCI\VEN_1E4B&DEV_1202&SUBSYS_12021E4B
PCI\VEN_1E4B&DEV_1202&CC_010802
PCI\VEN_1E4B&DEV_1202&CC_0108

Thanks to anyone that can help I really appreciate it.

Bios mod here.

REVISION 2.0

EDIT: Or manually do the mod from this guide

Last time i saw this user was on TPU forum and you can also try there.

Thanks for replying but I have tried all those modded bios for my board. But they are missing that specific hardware id I posted above and it’s for a x58a ud3r 2.0 mobo.

Thanks again I was able to use opromcfg to create the module. But re compiling the bios after is where I am stuck. So I tried Just inserting the module and it sits as the last module in the BIOS structure, it flashed okay but the drive still never shows up in the BIOS.

I posted on tpu will see if this one can get some resolve there or here

Hello, I don’t know how much this applies to your situation, but my equipment with the same vendor ID was not detected in Windows 10, I updated the driver to SMI SM226x NVMe Driver V10.4.49.0 (04/23/2019), and the device could become use. However, it still cannot be made bootable.

Let’s get this straight once it for all… regarding old boards.

Any OS win7 up with support for NVMe will use any NVMe disk as a regular storage device disk, win7 requires KBs from MS and it may need a driver, modern OS will use OOB MS driver from the OS itself (Standard NVMe controller).

The NVME boot operations on this mb’s ARE NOT related to OS or Windows drivers/controllers.
They require an NVMe disk with its own embedded OpRom (Like the SEC950 Pro) or adding it to the mb bios, this is pre-OS hw level environment loading from the firmware (aka Bios Legacy).
Officaly requirements for OS install is an x64 image and GPT partition style.