[request] microcode update Packard Bell easynote ENTG71BM

I have a Packard Bell easynote ENTG71BM laptop with intel N2840 CPU (Bay Trail) and there are microcode updates available from intel , but no official bios update , so i hope somebody can mod it.

My bios version is latest V1.10 2015/06/11

Original latest bios update on their site https://global-download.packardbell.com/…ELL&SC=EMEA_27P

Thanks in advance

@charlie_29 - The issue here will be flashing back mod BIOS, please do below and tell me what error you get at #2

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

Additionally, download, extract and run this H2OFFT-Wx64.exe package (has updated microcode) and show me image of the error you receive if any (if this success, then no need for above, all updated)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…131517714555878

when i run run this H2OFFT-Wx64.exe package , after reboot i get invallid firmware error , reset to defaults
--------------------------------
I think i found a solution to update bios if you can update the microcode , ENTG71BM from Packard Bell is the same as the Acer Aspire ES1-512-C6BP and guess what there is a newer version of the bios without the update microcode for spectre and meltdown

the bios version 2015/08/13 1.15 from acer: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles…4191.1589885078

thanks already!

Show me image of the error.

The rest of what you said doesn’t make sense, I understand maybe you can flash other brand/model to this board (rare, but possible in some instances), but you want updated microcodes, so why are you mentioning this BIOS which does not have them either?

If you are using Windows 10 it’s going to load it’s own microcode anyway, unless you stop it. What is your goal here, your first post makes no mention of Spectre/Meltdown, and that you wanted to update microcodes?

the other brand is exactly the same packard bell is powered by acer