[request] NEED unlock hidden settings for MSI G75A-G41!

NEED unlock hidden settings for MSI G75A-G41 rev 3.1 or shortcut for hidden settings
my fpt dump:
https://www56.zippyshare.com/v/PymLQyBj/file.html
or point to official:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/…html#down-bios
latest 17.8

I can’t see anything in the first raw “Overclocking” and “Games” folder

Capture-1.png

@Bata - Please zip images of your BIOS, showing main and at least one image of all main sections you can currently see. And include an image showing the list of all submenus visible in "Settings"

Can you flash mod BIOS using M-Flash on this system? Please test, make any single change in AMIBCP, save file, rename to exact match of stock BIOS name and extension, then flash using M-Flash.
This way, I can do mod on stock BIOS and everyone can use, if you can flash mod BIOS w/ M-Flash

cannot flashing from m-flash!
Only from pure dos AFUDE238.exe, which is included in original package.
pictures from bios:
https://www41.zippyshare.com/v/yNGHRnB8/file.html

OK, thanks. So there is no M-Flash in BIOS, or do you mean you can’t flash mod stock BIOS renamed as stock name.extension with M-Flash? Did you test this specifically? This would be different than testing mod FPT dump, which would not work with M-Flash.
Heads up, my virus and spyware apps stopped two things from loading on that site, and that’s with ad-blocker already blocking everything.

So, when you flash with AFUDOS included with stock BIOS package, that means you can flash using that and mod BIOS, without using /GAN correct?
If yes, that’s OK, then I can still mod stock BIOS and anyone can use, but they have to flash with the AFUDOS from stock package.

I can’t flash mod stock BIOS renamed as stock name. There is M-FLASH in bios, modded bios for few hidden settings default>user in amibcp, m-flash start for a second or two stops, and after that I have hieroglyphs on SATA settings on hdd names, but flashing with afudos gone without problems with same name of factory bios file. Sorry I didn’t check again with original bios,
I’m afraid if i flash with the original not modded file with M-FLASH that I would have to remove the chip from the motherboard again because m-flash seems to have problems …

You don’t have to check again with stock BIOS, only if you have never checked that in the past. If you have never tried to M-Flash a stock BIOS modified, then please try it now. This is unclear in your comments, if you have or not, you say yes, but then no, so I’m still not sure what you mean.
Ohh, well if M-Flash gives you problems with stock BIOS in general (it shouldn’t!), then no worries, we’ll continue with stock BIOS and I’ll just add note in package to flash from DOS with stock included AFUDOS only.

I tried M-flash modified bios and it doesn’t work, I didn’t try the original bios never because I’m afraid M-flash is not stable or looking for previous version of bios, and there is two options:
1.flash with one file bios and
2.flash with one file bios and me.
I tried with option 1. only bios with modified file renamed like original

M-Flash should only be used with original BIOS (stock or modified). It shouldn’t be used with any dumped BIOS, that may be OK/work, but not ideal.

M-Flash should be stable, especially if you are on latest BIOS. And you should always update ME when offered, for security and stability purposes.
But, it’s all up to you, it’s your board. I’m only asking about all this to clarify for other users who may use this BIOS later, and so I know what to modify (ie stock BIOS for everyone, or FPT dump for only you)

Since you are using AFU to flash, this means stock BIOS only (As source/base), FPT dump should not be flashed with AFU. It may be OK, it may work, but that’s not ideal and not how a mod BIOS should be made/used.
If using FPT to dump, this is user specific dump, and can be modified per that user, then should be reflashed via FPT

OK. fpt with fpt flash! afu with afu! m-flash (can be) m-flash I’ll try in a few minutes…

no chance with original ! immediately restart… usb 16gb kingston fat32 in usb 2.0 (NOT USB 3.0), second try transflash card reader,always restart in few(1) second on M-FLASH ( no Hieroglyphs)…

second try with reset c-mos. the same thing!

O.K. it’s wson chip, not vsop, if somethings go wrong I need again help from friend with Hot Air tool… second chance

bios file with me or wihout me, the same thing - M-FLASH always used

Please edit your posts if you want to add more thoughts, especially when no one has replied and it’s only been a few minutes (x5)

* Edit - It may be your USB is not compatible, if you can see and select the BIOS, then it automatically restarts and fails. Try smaller USB, 128MB-2GB, FAT32 or FAT16, BIOS not in any folders (at root of USB)
Also try other USB 2.0 Ports, some may not work, best would probably be one underneath LAN port if there is one (checking images now - yes, there is, try those first). Don’t use front USB
Card Reader? That’s not something you should use here, so not sure what you meant. USB thumb drive only, smaller always better, older often better too.

WSON Chip on desktop??? Are you sure? BIOS for desktop almost always SOIC or DIP, 99% of time I’ve ever seen. Could be possible though, but I’ve never seen that only in laptops or custom/one-off boards.

BIOS File with or without ME? M-Flash always used?? << What does that entire sentence you wrote mean??
With M-Flash, how I meant, was download the BIOS, extract to E7758IMS.H80 file. Do not edit this file, unless you want to make single change to test edit/mod flash, then put on USB and M-Flash
Flash with or without ME option selected, ideally at least once you want to do with ME to update ME FW. Don’t remove ME from BIOS, if that is what you meant.

You don’t have to worry about this though, unless you want to sort it out. You can keep doing AFUDOS method, and I will still use stock BIOS as source, modify that, and add notice with download and in package for anyone else later that included AFUDOS should be used to flash

* Edit - Do you have flash programmer (hardware), like CH341A (+ SOIC8 test clip with cable)? MSI BIOS is tricky to edit, older one like this more-so, so if you have flash programmer that would be safer and more ideal to play with BIOS.
This is especially more tricky in this “box” style GUI interface, because if you wanted to enable some hidden thing that doesn’t have it’s own section already, you have to move/add/replace in some other menu.
Such as “Games” submenu which is really a boot/CSM menu, I wonder why they named this “Games” I think they playing games First “Overclocking” is half of an original AMI Base “Advanced” menu, from a laptop BIOS
So, super advanced editing will be required to do anything here, except for swapping, like original OC for hidden one, which is not ideal. I would have to add Games/OC to an already visible menu, such as within “Settings”

O.K. I will rewriting old texts to avoid writing new messages, I was afraid you didn’t have time to read the old ones again,I have CH341A without test clip,chip is left from yellow sata cable on picture. Flash from two USB drives and from sd card reader unsuccessfully from M-FLASH…

20190807_080038.jpg

Sorry, I don’t know what you mean about old texts and new messages. Did you tell me somewhere you had programmer but no clip? If yes, sorry I forgot or didn’t see it mentioned here. But yes, if WSON clip doesn’t matter anyway
Since you desolder once before, why don’t you put SOIC8 chip there in the WSON place, or the other SPI position beside it? You can use the SPI header too (JSPI1), then no clip needed, but you need to make your own cables. See links below for pinout info
[Guide] Recover from failed BIOS flash using Raspberry PI (11)
Xeon E3-1240 v5 working with MSI Z170-A PC MATE but with bios reset on boot (3)
Xeon E3-1240 v5 working with MSI Z170-A PC MATE but with bios reset on boot (3)

OK, M-Flash doesn’t work for you, must be your specific board.

I will work on BIOS, and then if I think there is big risk it may not work I will let you know, and wait until you have better recovery method worked out.
For easy edit, like the OC menu, I can switch those without issue, if that would work for you.

i already tried to program via jspi which works for me on my other msi boards, and i also tried to get soic8, but stores don’t have nothing over 8MB / 64Mbit for now. There seems to be some modification as the board has no dual bios and there is room for two chips and I think jspi is just connected to that first nonexistent from bottom on picture, but I’m not sure. When I pull out my computer again I’ll check again with multimeter.

You’re first two thoughts are not complete above? @ JSPI1 - what do you mean, you couldn’t program this way? I’ve usually seen this as a bootable thing anyway, not programming method, but I’ve seen others program using this.
I have tool, which uses this in the way it was meant, by putting BIOS on adapter and connecting to this port, then board boots from BIOS that is connected to JSPI1, then you remove this and reflash the main BIOS from within the BIOS.

On SOIC8 - what do you mean there? What do you need, larger BIOS chip than 8MB? If yes, I can link you to some on ebay, what size to you want 16MB? Maybe you could salvage from some dead board you have, or from a dead board someone in your town has that you know?

Do you want BIOS with the OC menu’s switched for now?

@Lost_N_BIOS
Yes I want overclock visible! I can’t by chip from ebay, only aliexpress, need to wait more than 6 weeks.And answer for first question: I think something is wrong with my JSPI connections on board I will check soon again, but everything works (reading-writing) on msi G41m-P21. About 8MB chip is my fault, I saw more bioses with 4MB bios on 8MB or 8MB bios in 16MB size chips, so I meant that is same in this case. It’s not problem if something go wrong I will pull out chip again with hot air and reprogram it.

Why can’t you buy on ebay? Checkout as guest if you can’t have an ebay account.

Yes, some BIOS are smaller than actual chip size, but that is by design (ie set/coded in the BIOS itself). It may not always work to add your own larger one, without a BIOS edit, sometimes it could be fine though
OK, will work on swapping the OC sections

* Edit @Bata - Here is quick simple test I need you to do before further time is spent editing. Be ready to recover BIOS, you may not be able to enter BIOS, so be ready.
I expect if this fails, you just wont be able to enter OC section, or it will be blank, but I need to know what happens, and you need to be ready for recovery always on any edits like this.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…628284296092256