[Request] Nvme for Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0

help me please !! I’ve been trying to give support to NVME for 1 week! but I can’t see it in the bios! it doesn’t come out as PATA either.

Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 BIOS +WD sn750 500gb

https://www.asus.com/latin/Motherboards/…/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Thank you all in advance

@panchex - Flash via USB Flashback - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…504425786825391
After flashing, load optimized defaults, save and reboot back to BIOS to make other changes you need.
Then follow all steps at #4 in the “This is what you should do” section of this thread - [Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

It never turned out to make the usb flashback work but with afuwin, I had no problem can I use afuwin with this mod?

Thanks a lot

@panchex - No, do not use AFU for this. Use USB Flashback.
You need to use older, smaller, cheaper USB (preferably 2.0) 128MB-2GB is best, if you only have larger, partition down to 1GB and try again. FAT or FAT32 is best
Try ALL your USB, not all are compatible, keep trying until you find one that works. Dig around in basement or old boxes of stuff, older the USB the better

If you just mean “your mod” never worked with USB Flashback, but you can flash stock BIOS with USB Flashback, then you have compatible USB stick already, use that with my mod and it will flash

Thanks a lot! I’ll start digging!

Hallo
gibt es eine deutsche Anleitungfür das Board m das Bios zu flashen

M5a99xEvo Rev 2 Bios 2501

Samsung970 Evo Plus

Hi There,
None of these steps really worked for me. I could not flash any bios except ASUS original ones in CAP format. My board is rev 1.00. I tried USB Flashback, AFUDOS, AFUDOS with /GAN switch, ASUS BUPDATER.EXE… nothing worked. I guess the BIOS was security locked in some way. I did not have any passwords or secure boot set up though.

Anyway i got NVME finally working by removing the flash chip, putting it into a breadboard, wiring it up with RaspberryPi and flashing the SPI chip using flashrom command. File format for flashrom is rom file that was extracted using UEFITool.exe. Or you can download rom file from the flash chip itself and patch it with nvme DXE driver and then write modified file back to the chip. Good thing is that the BIOS chip on this board is in a socket (W25Q64FV) so no soldering.
How to flas BIOS using RPi

Hope it helps someone with the similar problem.