[Request] NVMe support for 2 old Gigabyte BIOSes

@it.omri - Can you confirm, or check, the BIOS I made at post #10, are you still using? If yes, does RealTek audio function properly for you?
@kentaurosk8 ^^ Same, are you using that BIOS I made? If yes, RealTek working OK?
@Qunaki ^^ Same question, thanks

@Lost_N_BIOS No, i sold that crappy board (the most UD3s are junks) but if you remember mine and @it.omri boards were not Z68XP-UD3 as @ktmaniac is but Z68X-UD3R and they have different BIOS.
For my board your BIOS didn’t work for more than 20 minutes (rear USB 3.0 ports still were not working) because after i tried to overclock the mobo died and after many tries it came back to life with the recovery BIOS. I reFlashed the stock BIOS and everything work perfect (and rear USB 3.0 ports also).

@Lost_N_BIOS
Still running this board and working great, I have 0 issues with this board (GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3).
But remind you to first upgrade to the latest uefi stock ROM, and before flashing the mod you have to force bios recovery with CMOS battery out in order to clear any changes, only then flash the modded bios
& as I said before… no problem with raid arrays, usb 3.0, RAM at 1600 (using intel XMP, No manual over clocking), with gen3 i-7, nvme module (970 evo plus)*2 on both pcie x16 gen3 populated with drives using adapter (didn’t check how it is with graphics card bcz I have no need for it)

@kentaurosk8 - Thanks for your reply.
I was asking due to this users thread, which is the board/BIOS you were using - [Request] GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev. 1.0 NVMe-boot support

@it.omri - Thanks, I thought so! I told the user that too, hopefully he will redo and flash stock BIOS first, then mod.
I doubt he will be able to force recovery, and that would copy over backup to main, so does not sound ideal or needed, especially if backup not already force updated to U1n also. I assume clear CMOS would do what you mentioned just the same
Realtek Audio is the only thing in question here, does yours work properly?

On my specific board, the recovery rom from the dual bios is 1um… even when I’m flashing 1un… on this specific board it’s very important to flash stock rom then recover the bios by force and then reflesh stock rom.
All 4 of my boards of this model had wired issues unless i followed that procces, only then it worked with no issues at all
Every gigabyte board that has “dual durability” bios can enter bios recovery mode by pressing 10 seconed long press on power or reset button.

I know it’s always best to flash stock BIOS first, then flash in the mod, so I had already told him to do that if he didn’t already.
Recovery from backup to main, if his system is not U1n on backup, then it would not be ideal or useful.
I assume it’s at least some beta/UEFI, because that would have been programmed in when he did the first upgrade to UEFI/beta BIOS, but it does not happen with each, and I have not asked him what is first one he used.
If it’s required to fix the USB issue, which he’s not mentioned, then he may not need anyway. Generally, Clear CMOS and load optimized would do same as forcing recovery, because in both cases at next power on BIOS would = same 100% stock BIOS and then NVRAM would be rebuilt.

10 second Power/reset long press is new method I’ve not seen, if it works that easy then this is great, thanks!

So, any realtek audio issues on your board or not??? I mean, before you did the stock/mod rash stuff?

@Lost_N_BIOS
I never had audio problems with it, not on stock rom nor mod rom, to my opinion this is one of the most cost affective boards i have ever had, that still keep up with allmost current technology… have it all except pcie gen 4 and latast USB revision 3.2
by the way… i think that in gigabyte, the version of the board is the original bios that came with it, and not some hardware changes, it’s very rare that MB companies changes specs of their product from revision 1.0 to any revision 1.x

i wonder if it’s possible to do pcie x16 bifurcation on this CPU (core i-7 3770 non K) and MB, most of our guys use mobiles that has USB type C gen 3.2, and if possible maybe i would add a pcie x16 expansion daughter board to the secondary pcie x16 (running x8 mode) and split the signal between the nvme backup SSD and a USB type C expansion card.
your thoughts?

this the adapter i thought off:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCIe-Bifurcatio…3oAAOSwbPNfA657

Bifurcation only works between two items on the same PCIE slot.

Yes i know, i was just wondering if it possible to unlock/add it on my board bios Mod because the CPU itself support it and both Pcie x16 slot has lane talking directly with the CPU using internal switches.
As i told you in the past, i have ZERO knowledge on how to modify a BIOS and what is possible ant what not.

Any way, if i didn’t said it before… i want to thank you with your help in the past!!! it made an huge impact on our machine floor and helped me to create amazing PCs that support that machinery:)!!!

@it.omri - Sorry I misunderstood what you were asking
It’s not possible on board this old due to BIOS is not setup to address such things, even via hidden settings, so nothing you can do if at stock the lanes are not auto bifurcated in any way (Sometimes they may be split, you have to try and see)
You’re very welcome, thank you too! I’m glad my help has helped you out, that’s always my goal >> to see happy people, in more control of their boards/BIOS!

Hi, this is my first time writing on this forum. I did not found a presentation topic, so that’s it here I am! My brother has the same mobo of this topic. I downloaded the bios created by @Lost_N_BIOS. I am not a pro on modding bios, but I am traing to learn. I know which are the tools to read and modify bios, and I know that to add certain features sometimes need to inject files (.efi.ffs) of simply modify the visibility or the Access/Use. I whould like to know where @Lost_N_BIOS added “NvmExpressDxe” if he did that. I am very glad, if you could show me what modify and how you understand that it is the right parameter.

I was reading the guides written by @Fernando in the following section “BIOS Modding Guides and Problems”. I whould like to understand better the use of AMIBCP, mmtool, UEFITool. To move some steps by my self, without blow up my motherboards ahahahah

I also bought and used CH341a to save a motherboard that I corrupted in the past to make some experimets with the T.U. Unlock.

Thank you all for creating this fantastic forum, personally I prefer the explanatory videos, only because it is more difficult for me to skip steps or do not understand. This forum is a jump back to 2000 years

Edit: I read all the guide “How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS”. I would like to know how many others interesting things I can add to “CSMCORE”?

Just wanted to report success and thank @Lost_N_BIOS for the modified BIOS linked in post #10.

Flashed with Q-Flash on my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev 1.3), cleared the CMOS, loaded Optimized Defaults and everything is working perfectly booting from a Samsung 970 EVO Plus in a standard NVMe PCIe adapter.

No issues whatsoever with USB 3.0 ports, Realtek audio or anything else. Thank you for all of your work on this!

Hi Lost_N_BIOS,
Is it possible to post the firmware to another resource, this link is no longer available.
Thanks.

@tricha.tricha

There’s a backup available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xtljoqcmw…VME-Mod.7z/file

Hey there!
I also have ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 1.3 but I cant get it to Flash to UEFI.

I tried with FreeDos: "!!! Fixture is NOT Removed or Swtich is NOT set to "ON" !!!"

I tried with Qflash
bios id check error

Im sure that i have the right file! What else can it be?

Thanks a lot!

I hope there is still someone active here. Please Help.

I need my Nvme Card to work without to replace my full system.

@Shiromori What BIOS version are you currently using?

@McDonnellTech

Thanks for the quick answer!

I use Version F12

I also dont understand what the difference between (u1h) and (U1n)

Ive seen other update videos but they have the u1h ending. But on der Gigabyte page there is only U1n available

@Shiromori
Since you’re using a legacy (non-UEFI) version of the BIOS, I believe it’s necessary to first flash the current UEFI version (U1n) available from Gigabyte here using the tool they provide with the download.

Once you have the official U1n UEFI BIOS installed you can flash the modified version with Q-Flash.

I tried that already. I cant flash the original Version.

Those are the error messages depending on Flashing method. Using FreeDos or QFlash

Zitat von Shiromori im Beitrag #55

I tried with FreeDos: "!!! Fixture is NOT Removed or Swtich is NOT set to "ON" !!!"

I tried with Qflash
bios id check error

[code][/code]

When you boot from the FreeDOS drive, instead of using the FLASHEFI_autoexec.bat file, try just typing the following command that the C:\ prompt:

FLASHEFI Z68XUD3H.U1n

Edit: Corrected Efiflash to FLASHEFI utility for update from legacy to UEFI