[Request] NVMe support for Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+

Hi,

please someone help me add the nvme drivers to supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ bios , I can’t seem to do it…

I’ve also attached the bios file…

Thanks a lot

X9DR3P9_B20.zip (3.79 MB)

@haVck - Here you go - https://www.sendspace.com/file/s3sb5o
Used MMTool 4.50.0.23

I have X9DRi-LN4F+ motherboard, I don’t have access to any windows PC to mod the file. can someone please help me out ?

X9DR3P9_B20.zip (3.79 MB)

@haVck - You need to be a lot more specific, who are you talking to, what motherboard, what BIOS etc

Sorry I was quoting a person which had the same motherboard and was successful, I have edited my post now

@haVck - Yes, I assumed maybe so, but you left out the quote, and it’s still missing.
I see you have a thread too, if you do not find BIOS I will make one for you later tonight

Please help me out in this, Thanks a lot. I have used your modded bios for my other motherboard (GA-X79-UD3) from another thread and it works GREAT !! but on my Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ I can’t seem to find it anywhere. your help is highly appreciated

@haVck - I will do tonight, if @kcrane does not reply back to you, I assume that was who you meant to quote maybe, from this post #5713

@haVck @Lost_N_BIOS
Since >this< thread has been designed by me for users, who want to try the required BIOS modification themselves, I have moved your recent discussion into the “BIOS Modding Requests” Sub-Forum and gave the thread a hopefully meaningful title.
Hoping for your understanding
Dieter (alias Fernando)

You are amazing, will test it out soon and report back ! Thank you so much

@haVck :
It was not a good idea to start a second thread about the same topic.
I merged them, but now the post sequence is not chronological anymore.

Sorry for that, I didn’t know what to do. wont happen again.

@Lost_N_BIOS You are amazing, its working great, I have fully tested it… ! can’t thank you enough for that…

@haVck - You’re welcome!
Great to hear all is working smoothly with the mod BIOS, and thank you for your quick test and report back!

@Lost_N_BIOS :
I’m sorry to disturb you again in this forum, would it be possible to add some overclocking features to this bios ? like BCLK or anything ? I have dual xeon e5-2690 v2 with this board, it should be possible to modify BCLK a bit on this I think.

Thanks in advance

Link expired “Zitat von Lost_N_BIOS im Beitrag #2
@haVck - Here you go - https://www.sendspace.com/file/s3sb5o
Used MMTool 4.50.0.23”

@Jerzy :
Since Lost_N_BIOS is offline since several weeks, it may be a better idea to ask the Forum member haVck for the modded BIOS via PM.
Alternatively you can do the BIOS modification yourself by following >this< thread. If you are unsure regarding your result, I will help you by checking the BIOS.

What is lacking in the NvmExpressDxe_Small.ffs file on favour the bigger .ffs file? A functionality, additional options etc? If nothing why to use bigger one?

@Jerzy : To be able to get the NVMe module properly inserted even into BIOSes with nearly no space for any additional “DXE Driver”, our Forum member Ethaniel had shrinked the size of the NVMe module as much as possible without touching its functionality. Until now we don’t even know, whether the user gets any benefit by inserting the “normally” sized NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs file.
Nevertheless it is possible to get the much bigger sized standard module inserted even into a BIOS, which natively has not enough space for it, but this requires the removal of 1 or more other “DXE Driver” modules.

I modded my BIOS with the not shrinked version of DXE ffs module. It was a success by half. The modded BIOS shows NVMe drives as SS:PATA and allows to boot from Windows Boot Manager, but installation of 20H2 fails with some weird information about an “unexpected error” and after confirmation the pop
up message offers everlasting series of restarts of the computer with exactly the same result. From the other hand installation of 1709 went fine with no problem. I probabluy stay there since it is the last version with REFS. Another bads thing is ERROR in Event Logs. Error code is: EFI 03058003, Severity cllasified as: MAJOR and description says: DEX BS driver Unrecognized. Now I’ll perform some efficiency tests plus will try to use my old ASUS HYPER x16 board for check whether the bifurcation works as I hope it does. Anyway thanks for your work and help here.

@Jerzy :
How many and what sort of NVMe SSDs did you connect to the mainboard and which generic or specific NVMe driver did their NVMe Controller use?