[Request] Old Microcode for All Core Max Turbo Speed on Haswell

Sorry to revive this thread, but this seems very interesting now more than ever to try and test.

Can this type of modification work with other Xeon E3 V3 as well? It would be nice to have all cores running at single core max turbo multiplier.

I’d like to try with the following
Asus H81M-D Bios 3602 (Bios has multiplier adjustment options)
E3-1246 v3 3.5GHz Turbo 2/3/4/4 (other 1150 I have is this with is an i5-4570)
UBU v1.74.0.3

Microcodes in the bios

H81MD.png

@ca_cabotage - sorry for late reply! Those options probably possible, if you want me to check let me know. You may need full unlocked BIOS to change the ones you can see now, but changes don’t stick.
I can’t see why they wouldn’t change for you, on memory do you maybe have XMP enabled? That might cause your changes to be ignored, you’d need to set custom instead of XMP. On the iGPU, that may be due to a debug copy of same setting set to auto, or you need to change which option is visble (instead of one you are using that is ignored)
I’d have to check, if you are still interested let me know and I will check it out.

@raimond - I am not familiar with this process (how it works I mean, I don’t use it, I just mod BIOS), read back in this thread, and tell me what exactly you need done for your BIOS and I will do it for you.

@Lost_N_BIOS - Hi, I would like to know exactly what ca_cabotage did, as per his messages he was successful at having his E3-1265L run max multiplier on all cores. He explains it briefly in this thread. By the way, thank you for the offer to modify my bios, that would be appreciated but I would also like to learn doing it as well in case I need to do changes.

It would be nice to be able to replicate the same result using an E3-1246 v3 and an Asus H81M-D.
So far what I have tried is the M - User Select only 1 Microcode File option and the result will be from 8 Microcodes I will be left with 4 Microcodes and it’s both 306C3 Rev 12 and Rev 6. Using UBU 1.74.0.3

The files inside mcode 1150 are all deleted, then 306C3 rev 6 will be added to the said folder. MCUpdate.txt is left untouched.

@raimond - then you must summon @ca_cabotage here like that, and ask him

Yes, I can mod BIOS once you are sure what you want, what microcode, what ME, what other possible actual BIOS module edits are needed etc (This involves more than microcode and ME if I remember correctly) + on top of that, some BIOS settings may need to be made visible to you as well

@Lost_N_BIOS

I just stumbled into a hurdle, I added the microcodes using UBU tool but BUpdater or FTK9 won’t let me flash the modified bios. How do I get bypass security check? Will /GAN work on this board? Board is Asus H81M-D

BUpdater verification fails
FTK9 error 26 ( write protection I think)

@raimond - Bupdater or FTK have nothing to do with this process, well I suppose FTK does because it’s using FPT program, but it’s outdated. Bupdater is never required, for anything, I’m not sure why Asus has invented this application, ever

Please do the following and send me your stock biosreg.bin and show me the error you get on step where you write back

Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.
Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section “C” download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error, if you do show me image of the command entered and the error given >>
FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c…creators-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-…menu-windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-…ator-privileges

@Lost_N_BIOS Followed your steps, I got a little excited modified bioreg.bin with UBU to insert microcode then tried to flash with FPTw.exe -bios -f -bios.bin. Result is Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS

Apologies for the inverted photos, since it came from my phone.

Would it be better to go the CH341 route for me, I do have one.

@raimond - Always follow directions, or you can brick things in an instant, especially with FPT. Fix your images please, and put them in a zip, if you want me to see them (I really don’t need to look though, just needed to know that error, unless you had some other than maybe I’d want to see).
What are you showing BIOS images of and why?

Error 280 - follow this guide, you can start at step #6, I’ve gathered variables you need from 1-5
[GUIDE] Grub Fix Intel FPT Error 280 or 368 - BIOS Lock Asus/Other Mod BIOS Flash

Rename your .efi file to >> Shellx64.efi
SMI Lock variable to change >> 0x89
BIOS Lock variable to change >> 0x8A

So, at grub prompt you will type the following, one at a time, with enter between each command
setup_var 0x89 0x0
setup_var 0x8A 0x0

Then, dump BIOS region again, and this is what you edit. That way, those locks are disabled in your base BIOS, so it’s always unlocked moving forward (if/until you ever flash stock BIOS again)

Also, best you upload your biosreg.bin for me (after you unlock above), and let me do the edit, UBU may mess this one up because it has padding files above each microcode module and sometimes these get removed which is not always good.
I tested this BIOS with UBU, and confirm it happens, this can = bricked BIOS

@Lost_N_BIOS Some progress but I am not exactly sure, using CPUID I can see that max turbo is at 3.9GHz instead of the usual 3.7GHz.

I downloaded H81M Bios 0505
.CAP file was converted to .rom using UEFITool
.rom file loaded to UBUTool 1.74.0.3
Ran ubu.bat
Option 5
then option M, selected revision 6 cpumicrocode, Replaced
Final bios only has one microcode 306C3 Platform 32 Revision 6
Flashed using AFUDOS /GAN
rebooted after successful flash
Went into the bios in AI Tweaker Selected SYNC ALL CORES

Seem to have worked I guess.

Test.png

Test2.png

@Lost_N_BIOS Sorry for the mess about the first images, anyway will read about your guide posted above.

Hopefully I will be able to have latest bios version with only the said cpu microcode available to have all cores at max turbo.

Thanks

I replaced the microcode with the one attached to this thread in MMTool and flashed modded bios with FPT. Still no all core turbo boost. Any other suggestions ? Do I need to insert ffs driver or load efi driver the same way people do it for Xeon E5 v3 ?
Please see the attached screenshot.
CPU: E3-1245v3

Untitled.jpg

Did you try it? I am interested in your result. My processor (i5 4690) and my motherboard is a ASUS B85M-G, but the launched of 4690 was later to the date of microcode v7, and I dont know if it is supported or not. Had you got problems?

I did it!!!, I replace microcode v7 with the last BIOS and I can use all turboboost cores.

My i5 4690 boot without problems.

Thanksssss

Did you also delete the microcode from os?