[REQUEST] Unlock advanced menu on 2021 Lenovo Legion 5 PRO AMD

The bios files are identical !!!

Any luck with this? I’d like to find out if we can unlock the advanced options as well.

fingers crossed for BDMaster to provide something, in the meantime if you have a qwerty layout, could you try the unkock key combination?

I have a legion 7 with a QWERTY layout, the legion 5 and legion 7 used to have the same combination required.

Sadly though, this combination did not work on my QWERTY layout laptop.

I really hope to find a combination somewhere though as i really want to be able to unlock XMP for my legion 7.

amen brother

@Bill_O
Thanks.
The attached is the backup biosfile . excute H2OFFT-W.exe biosreg.bin /g
https://file.io/XfNp72aXEdpr

@johnson2008 cheers man, what is it exactly? I dumped the original bios earlier in the thread too.

hi @BDMaster any news on the mod?
here is the last BIOS change log:
<GKCN36WW>
-(Fix) When connected with 65w / 95w c-type adapter in balanced mode, GPU OC is displayed as on
-(Fix) Add ATO function support
-(Fix) Complete the new Lenovo game GUI setting specifications for CPU and GPU OC
-(Fix) Update normal keyboard backlight display OSD following PM specification 1.83
-(Fix) Add interface Cmd 0x45 data 0xAC for MFG AC power check
-(Fix) Add interface Cmd 0x45 data 0xAD for MFG to load default Y760 lighting
-(Fix) Add W/R to EE noise (Level 0/1/2/3 → Speed 0/1800/2000/2100)

thanks in advance.

Hi,

I’m the happy owner of a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro, however the BIOS is completely locked down which is a bummer. Can somebody in here assist me in unlocking the BIOS and guide me on the steps needed? I do have a SPI programmer and have some experience with it so if someone can give me the steps from A to Z and either guide me on how to mod it myself or mod it for me that would be awesome!

Kind regards

Guys any update on this? I would like to use my XMP 3200MHz CL16 rams with this laptop, any luck unlocking Advanced menu or XMP settings?

I wish, waiting for @BDMaster help

@Machenka :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since this thread already existed, when you posted your request, I have moved your post here.
It is not necessary to start a new thread about the same topic.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Debloat :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
After having read all your recent posts, I am rather unsure regarding your intention to join this Forum.
According to >this< thread you want to get an unlocked BIOS of an HP 15-DB1002AU, but now you are interested in an unlocked Lenovo Legion 5 PRO BIOS.
Do you have both of them?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Yes I have both laptops, one for work one for gaming

Hi,

I have a Legion 5 (non-pro), but uses same bios as the pro version (I believe). I am also interested in the bios unlock to enable XMP profiles. I’ve tried the key combinations suggested in the thread to no avail.

I put the L5P Bios dump here for anyone willing to mod it please!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/79onuw2rh…iosreg.bin/file

Hi!
I am also a happy owner of a Lenovo Legion 5, bios version GKCN36WW. I would like to access the hidden menus too. Can dump and all but cant post links yet.

It’s not much but I am willing to pay 25£ if someone manages to get XMP profiles working!

Same here

@BDMaster :wink: