[REQUEST] Unlock advanced menu on 2021 Lenovo Legion 5 PRO AMD

1. "Just enter the BIOS normal (pressing F2 at boot up) then press Fn+TAB, then Fn+ASDFGH, then Fn+O, after that F10 (save and exit). Then the laptop will restart into debug mode, just follow on screen instructions to enter the unlocked BIOS. Remember that unlocking the hidden features doesnt unlock the BIOS permanently. You have to do this everytime you want to acces the BIOS hidden features. Good luck !"
    2) "i unlocked advance options pressing fn + o + d just right after reboot. Just before legion logo appears, it will reboot again, you will see that your keyboard’s light turn on and then turn off twice, release the keys and then you’ll see something like this (see attached). Then press f2 to enter bios and you gonna have advance options unlocked"
    3) Try that:

Power off and press next combination:

F1-1-QAZ

F2-2-WSX

F6-6-YHN.
    4) To enable advanced BIOS in 7i: Click ‘more options’ to enter BIOS, then hold Fn, run your finger across the keyboard: Q-P, A-L, Z-M (must slide fast). Press F10, and Yes. Spam/hold F2 to enter BIOS

If you could try these and tell us the results it would be much appreciated!

Just bumping that I’d throw 20 USD in the ring to get a XMP adjustable bios for the Legion 5 15ACH6H

there is no XMP on amd 2021 model

SPI programmer is necessary?

If it is AMD, then in 99% of cases an SPI programmer is required. And Lenovo Legion is no exception. It is necessary.
Blame manufacturers for excessive security measures.

How do we go about doing all of this? I’m new to modding and am trying to figure it out. is there a tutorial explaining how to do this process? How did you find this info?

We stole it.

I see lol. Can you elaborate? You stole it from where? It’s there a guide on modding insydeH20 that has all the information I could need, and I’m just blind?

From @Black_Raven

No guide.

I was hoping for something a bit more descriptive.

Then could you please explain the entire process for me? I was hoping to be able to figure out how to do the mod myself so I wouldn’t have to post a request; I want to learn how to do this for the future.

Edit: correcting autocorrect

[REQUEST] What am I doing wrong? Unlock menu help.

Someone made a bios by modifying it in this way. And I just reproducing it.

If I describe each aspect, then the amount of information will be comparable to writing a book. The best explanation I can offer you is: to modify bios you need to make a copy of your bios, apply the changes and install this bios.

I understand the dumping and writing, there’s plenty of guides on how to use an SPI programmer, what I don’t understand is how I apply the changes. Do I literally just take the information that was copied from the chip, and search for the hex strings, and then change the zeros to ones, and then write it? I’m slightly confused because there’s the programs like H20eze and UEFItool, and as far as I understand modifying a BIOS with them requires that you decompress and extract modules and stuff and then somehow put it back in. Do I not need that? If I’m using an SPI programmer and pulling the data off the chip, do I have to put it into one of those tools and extract the module and then modify it and then figure out how to put it back in, or do I literally just copy the data, open a hex editor and change those zeros to ones, and then write the modified bios?

This.

And is there a guide that you know of that you could link me on how to do this, or at the very least, what program do you use when you do it? Everything I found has been from like 2010 or earlier, I don't know what I should be using/what would be the easiest.

Complete list (with download links):
1. UEFITool V28 (to search through modules and manage them without need of unpacking the whole BIOS).
2. HEX Editor.

Hi folks, maybe you want to check out this
[TOOL] Lenovo (H20) Bios Unlocker and Locker

I have unlocked bios on my Legion 5 Pro 16ACH6H, XMP ram is not possible. There are settings for that but doesn’t work. It’s Ryzen limitation.

Thank! Works perfectly for me now. But Mem overclock isn’t work.

Does this procedure work on intel variant?