[Request] Unlock advanced menu on Gigabyte 17 HDR XC Laptop

I am happy for you friend , cheers

Hi @BDMaster ,

one single question:
under Advanced -> PCI SUbsystem Settings there shouild be a setting called "Above 4G Decoding" bit in my bios, there is only on option called "BME DMA Mitigation".
Can you tell me the var offset and setting (enabled or disabled) for "Above 4G Decoding" and why it is not visible?

You have to use AMIBP 5 APTIO to set all to USER if there arenā€™t visible yet , save changes and flash it again, then if it isnā€™t visible yet , then may be i have to modify the EFI section /46 >> /47 to make it visible ā€¦ but if it isnā€™t into AMIBCP , then there isnā€™t completely as AMIBCP doesnā€™t care about EFI IFR and shows all options availabily , but Bios use the EFI scetion to lock some variables and options.
So if itā€™snā€™t into AMIBCP no way ā€¦
Let me know
Regards

@BDMaster
it is visible in AMIBCP but under root menu "PCI Subsytem Settings" which is not under Advanced

If I want to save the image in AMIBCP i get a rebuild error.

IFR Extractor says:
0x3646F Suppress If: {0A 82}
0x36471 Variable 0x2753 equals 0xF {12 06 53 27 0F 00}
0x36477 Setting: Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment, Variable: 0xFA {05 91 CF 09 D0 09 AC 04 16 00 FA 00 10 10 00 01 00}
0x36488 Option: Enabled, Value: 0x1 {09 07 8F 00 30 00 01}
0x3648F Option: Disabled, Value: 0x0 {09 07 90 00 00 00 00}
0x36496 End of Options {29 02}
0x36498 End If {29 02}

@projektion You friend wrote this ā€¦ ā€œAbove 4G Decodingā€ and there isā€™nt ā€¦
Now you wrote ā€œAbove 4GB MMIO BIOS assignmentā€ and i know that, i saw before, so i will unclok this one if you cannot see from Bios Menu Tabs ā€¦
and i will modify the SetupData subGuid to get the new settings.
Please make photos about Bios Menut Tabs visibles and AMIBCP settings you made , so i can see too what you are seeing,
i havenā€™t you pc
I will reply quickly :wink:
Regards

AMIBCP 5.02.0031_root_folder.jpg

AMIBCP 5.02.0031_PCI Subsystem_folder.jpg

AMIBCP saving.jpg

It will be saved wiithout sƬgnature !

Your Variable is here , under Chipset folder ā€¦

Chipset.jpg

Let me know, please
regards

@BDMaster ,

I only ment "Above 4G Decoding", thought "Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment" is the same?! Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment is not needed.
My AMIBCP looks the same like yours if I open your modded bios. I havent made any meaningfull settings within AMIBCP and if I want to save, i get an error, even if I change nothing.

Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment is not visible, too

does my actiual modded bios from you have signature?
is there any problem using unsugned bos?

@BDMaster :
I tryed againand could save the file.
What would you say, is it save to flash?
I madified the modded master, I received from you last time.

master2_patched.part1.rar (5 MB)

master2_patched.part2.rar (1.04 MB)

Yes , but after modifying it you have to flash again , so now use the Fptw64.exe to flash the new one and find if you are seeing the Tabs hidden ā€¦

Here is the AMIBCP 5 APTIO + my patched versions :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1k4911gucā€¦_APTIO.rar/file

I wrote save the modifies by AMIBCP and then flash to eeprom the mod file to see the unlocked settings into Bios Menu Tabs ā€¦
AMIBCP alerts are normal as all original UEFI bios are signed and we cannot reflash by original tool.
So we use Fpt and unlocked variables.
Please upload your Bios Menu Tabs so that i can see too , i cannot get your visual and havenā€™t any unlocked bios image of this pc !

Let me know if you can see the variable you are asking for and i will try to unhide it.
Regards

P.S. you didnā€™t make the AMIBCP i made into photos, you made only on first folder ?

ok, it worked :slight_smile: !

Hi @BDMaster ,

so setting the settings to user did the trick! THANKS!
One last question. Could you find a setting regarding resize bar / re-bar / resizable Bar?
I cannot find that option. Do I miss something?

Hi friend,
I can tell you some news about the strƬngs into bios , they are wrote in two formats :

1. Unicode Format so opening the files by HxD can search any text and find if it exists (text = t.e.x.t. = 7400650078007400 )
As you can see any letter (ascii code) is followed by a null (0x00)

2. UTF-8 Format , any text has only the letters (ascii code) , if you search by HxD youā€™ll find if it exists (text = text = 74657874 )
The only place where are stored the variableā€™s names is the Setup Module 899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21 , where is the EFI IFR txt.

So i were looking for that patterns , but i can find something as ā€œbarā€ only into vBios Module and i donā€™t think you are looking for that ā€¦

Let me know
Regards

P.S. there are three modules which are involved not at same time , about the bios AMI mod ā€¦

1. AMITSE PE32 = your main menu lock/unlocks (B1DA0ADF-4F77-4070-A88E-BFFE1C60529A)

2. AMITSE/SetupData/SetupData = your AMIBCP Access Level changes (FE612B72-203C-47B1-8560-A66D946EB371)

3. Setup PE32 = your AMIBCP textual menu name changes (899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21)

Lost_N_BIOS has all merits and gratitude to have explained it , GREAT Lost_N_BIOS !!!

OK, thanks again. Just wanna make sure my seach was not wrong. I came to the same result like you.

so my modding project is finished and my laptop still works :wink:

I also have a Gigabyte Aero 17 laptop. Except mine is not the HDR OLED version. My last bios version is FB03 & EC F001 back in Jan of 2021. Would it be the exact same method to unlock the bios? Mine is also locked and i am having fan issues i would love some help unlocking this bios if anyone would kindly help me? Im not a complete n00b but have never modded a bios before so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi friend, use this tool run it as Admin and upload the result file , the i will explain all to do :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/flr80ru40ā€¦ols20i2.7z/file

Let me know
Regards

Thank you. I have dumped the files through other methods but this is a safe file i assume? Just wondering why it creates a passworded archive for a RW.dmp file?