[Request] Unlocked BIOS for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55

for those who failed to do so… there is a bios recovery method, you just need to download the bios from the acer website, and throw all the files onto the FAT32 pendrive… then you press Fn ESC with the charger plugged in, it will work at maximum rotation of the fans, then it will turn on giving the problem, then for greater precision press Fn ESC and wait … and that’s it your bios will be recovered, but don’t forget to enter the program file, and open it in the text editor… and search flag=2 and rename it to flag=0… and live happily.

How can I start learning how to create such advanced menu unlocks on Acer Nitro? I have one extremely similar to models already unlocked on this toopic, and I would like to learn how to do it myself. Could any of you guide me(documentation, tutorials, tools)?

P.S.: I’m quite experienced with RE, if it helps

Good @Sweet_Kitten would do me a big favor, deblocking the advanced options of my laptop acer nitro 5 AN515-55-53E5, I5 10300H, 3050, I want to disable the gpu and leave the dedicated to not have to use an external monitor for me to perform well, I need your help, I have version 2.06 and revision 5.0 here I leave the link of the var.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YXIqBfvOYkjP15j4ynTZMwp-R2jgnDY0/view?usp=sharing

I have the same model, disabling the GPU from bios settings will not work. Sorry for the bad news but you’ll need an external monitor.

Hi, I also need a BIOS unlock of my Acer Nitro AN515-55 (BIOS v2.06), mine is Intel Core i5-10300H with GTX 1650 GPU. I followed these instructions to set vars and to dump my BIOS, I found PCHSetup at Index 053 instead of Index 052 in the Vars.txt. I uploaded my dump to OneDrive here → https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CqkPY2bhnflmceQsht1uUwII8g-f6BZs/view?usp=sharing

Thank you in advance!

To unlock BIOS you may use the tool but with the config file for AN515-55 from my repo.
GitHub - Maxinator500/SREP-Patches

But setting vars and reflashing is also a way. Mind that @JRMoore hasn’t been active for a long time.

Thank you!

This piece of junk is giving WEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD and then it freezes, other times it just freezes! I played with ThrottleStop to disable Turbo Boost, it is better, but it still freezes! Would the hidden advanced menu give me access to settings that can resolve my freezing issues?

Hi, thank for your comment!
Do you know which settings will this patch unlock?

Did you manage to unlock your BIOS with that tool? If so I’ll try too

I’ll give feedback, don’t have a USB flash drive to try it now!

Thanks! No rush…

Please give me an unlocked version of my bios too! I will share the details of my current bios now:
Nitro AN515-57
Bios version: V1.20

Hello, i would appreciate some help as i need to unlock the Advanced Bios of my Notebook Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 AMD Ryzen 7 4800H,
thank you.

Hello @I_am_a_dreamer.

You may use the tool but with the config file for AN515-44 from my repo.
https://github.com/Maxinator500/SREP-Patches/blob/master/Configs/AN515-44_Insyde_BiosUnlock.cfg