[Request] Unlocked Framework Laptop Bios

Wanting the memory timings unlocked (XMP if you can swing it) at least, but everything else if you are feeling froggy. File attached is the extract from the manufacturer provided installer.

Thanks!

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened and money offer removed (our support is free and its quality or speed doesn’t depend on any prospective donation)

Bios Extract.zip (8.81 MB)

@sys_curious
Run the BACKUP_Tools program to obtain a backup of your BIOS (it’ll create results.rar archive on desktop). Also, I need a copy of your BIOS variables (run “GET VARS.bat” from this archive and share with me the output file “vars.txt”).

Not sure that the backup tool completed but I have attached it’s output regardless.

Vars.txt has been attached as well.

results20.rar (4.06 MB)

vars.txt (208 KB)

@sys_curious
This is BIOS mod for you: sys_curious.zip. Extract the contents of the archive to a separate folder.
1. Run “SET VARS.bat” and reboot.
2. Run “FLASH.bat”.

Advanced_Hidden - Memory Configuration - Memory.

The laptop will no longer post. Sitting on a black screen with the fan running at full.

Any ideas?

I don’t know why it happened, but now you’re in trouble.
Flash BIOS with CH341A programmer.

Oh boy here we go.

Found the chip on the mainboard (gigadevice GD25R256D)

Gonna order a programmer and I’ll report back

Hi sys_curious,

Did the fix work?

Just wanted to bump this thread and see if @sys_curious might get a notification to say how his attempt at re-flashing went.

I also wanted to ask the forum: If this was the result for sys_curious, is it likely to mean the same would happen to anyone else attempting this with a similar machine from the same manufacturer?

This was my fault. I think an unlock method that worked for Clevo laptops previously turned out being unapplicable to other models.

I see, and is it something that can be worked around, or best to avoid trying mods to this BIOS at the moment?

Since then I learned a different way of unlocking.
I don’t know what is better to for a device that is not mine.

Understandable, I am looking at the processes involved if things go wrong and seeing if I am happy to try things. I have yet to find my BIOS chip on the motherboard.