[Request] Unlocked HP Omen 25L GT12-1000i BIOS

I bought 2 more sticks of RAM for my computer, but they work at slow clock speed and I can’t activate XMP profiles on them or manually set this parameters, since the advanced tab is locked on my BIOS. I read some other threads about motherboards from this manufacturer (HP) and people says there that changing the BIOS is often impossible and you need to edit NVRAM variables.

So I want to edit the variables responsible for XMP and/or RAM clock speed and timings. Is this possible and how to do it?

Prebuilt HP Omen 25L GT12-1000i
Motherboard: 886B (HP Oasis)
Firmware: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp153001-153500/sp153100.exe

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened and customized

And can we know the specs of the HP original sticks and the new ones added…

EDIT: No faith on success but ill point you some directions…
You can try IFRextractor and look for any related info, a little guidance here

The system board seems to have an FDO jumper (Flash Descriptor Override), this will usually allow the Intel FPT tool to access SPI bios regions (Your Intel ME FW version based… v16?) for read/write operations and from there dump only the bios_region and work from there, mod can be flashed then with same tool, usually.

Notes… due to what you already know from flashing mods on HP branded systems and other OEMs, you have a very high chance of killing the system, so if you don’t have experience working with these tools and don’t know how to recover a death system, i do advise you NOT to proceed.

@kholmogorov
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
You have started this thread within the “BIOS Modding Requests” Forum Category.
If it should turn out, that your problem cannot be solved by a modification of the HP mainboard BIOS, I recommend to edit the start post of this thread and to customize its title and the Forum Category.
Good luck!

The new sticks don’t have “HP compatible” XMP but I guess the specs are similar enough so they could work together at 3200-3600

hp37d4u1s8me-8xr - HP original sticks (slot 2 and 4)

kf3733c19d4/8gx - new sticks (slot 1 and 3)