[REQUEST] WiFi Driver For Windows7 x64 (Intel AC 9260)

On my Aorus x470 gaming7 wifi motherboard and Ryzen 2700X everythings working perfect with win7x64 apart from the motherboards wifi card, as there is no driver, wondering if someone could mod me a driver so i can get rid of this horrid windows10 for good.

Thanks.

Edit by Fernando: Thread moved into the Win7 Sub-Forum and thread title customized

I need this for my gigabyte Wifi NIC as well

I do as well. Also need the Intel I-225V LAN driver for Windows 7. I have everything but these two network devices working.

Which are the HardwareIDs of the device?
Have you tried to install the latest Intel WiFi driver by using the "Have Disk" button?

Hello. I apologize I did not see your response requesting the HWID. I did not notice a notification for the new post on a watched thread so I am just now seeing it. Thank you for responding.

Yes, I did try the "Have Disk" method and could not get it to work. I also tried modding the INF for the AX201. I was able to get that to install using the "Have Disk" method, but the card would not work and gave a status error that a required file could not be found. (An INF mod worked for the Intel i225-V NIC just fine.)

I need Windows 7 drivers for the Intel AC 9560 for one laptop (Tongfang GK5CN6Z/Eluktronics Mech 15-G2Rx) and Intel AX201 drivers for Windows 7 on a desktop (Z490 Dark) and another laptop (Clevo X170).

The AX201 HWID (for both systems) is:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&SUBSYS_00748086&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&SUBSYS_00748086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06F0&CC_0280

The AC 9560 HWID for the other laptop is:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&SUBSYS_00348086&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&SUBSYS_00348086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&CC_0280

have you found any drivers for Intel AX201 drivers for Windows 7 ?

i am looking this one as well…

i really want to use windows 7 on this machine…

Unfortunately, I have not and the absence of any reply here suggests maybe the reason for it is that it is not possible, or the only people that know how to make it work are not interested. I have no plans to stop using Windows 7, so I have simply disabled WiFi in my BIOS and use only LAN.

thats good news, at least you made it work, i am still trying to install proper drivers, i install intel uhd drivers but no luck, i tried many windows 7 adjusted drivers, my laptop is msi gp75 leopard… i really want to use windows 7 … i do not know what else i can do?

its too bad we can’t get the Intel 9260 drivers to work on w7. I contacted Intel but to no avail. their excuse is lame. since MS ended support we can’t write drivers for w7.
lets see, they make billions of dollars off the customer and they can’t afford a few measly millions to hire programmers to write proper drivers to support the 9260. ridiculous. hate Intel. and those idiots at MS pushing that garbage ridden w10 on everyone. another useless company that is behind the times and doesn’t care what we think.
too bad someone smart programmer can’t make it happen.

1 Like

@kanadali @mak2020 @Mr_Fox @POE_UK please let me know if THESE work (tested in VM emulating the card, they seem to work, don’t get too excited) and make sure u download the right one

support for the following:

Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX411 (Gig+)
Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (Gig+)
Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) IOT Industrial Kit
Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) IOT Embedded Kit
Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+)
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200
Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
Intel® Wireless-AC 9461
Intel® Wireless-AC 9462
Intel® Wireless-AC 9260
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9260 IoT Kit
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (Rev D)
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265(Rev D)
Intel® Wireless-N 7265 (Rev D)
Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265
Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18260
Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18265

I’m sure I tried those before. even though they list the 9260 there is no mention of it in .inf file. no go here.

editing the .inf file worked for me, thats why i emulated it, i wont upload it here because Intel is Intelligen’t (they’d sue me and the forum)

That did not work for me. After editing the INF for the AX201 the device has code 39.

just add instructions to add the .inf info so we can edit ourselves. Intel is clueless. They are not gonna bother with something that has been discontinued anyway. lol

I honestly do not think they care, and I do not believe it to be “illegal” by any means. It might be if you were modding it and selling the mod for a fee, but I guarantee you they don’t give a hoot about a few tweaking enthusiasts sharing how-to technical info. They are not going to do anything to anyone because they don’t care and there is no law against modifying text in a file that is distributed free of charge to the public.

1 Like

@Mr_Fox
buy a 8265AC you pleb and stop hoping that any newer cards will ever be supported, Intel doesn’t give a rat’s ass about us autists enthusiasts refusing to move to Winshit 10.

t. C8DH with 8265 and Win7

2 Likes

Its the principal bro,. MS sucks with their w10 junk and the tablet OS gui. they ruined the GUI, control panel, task manager, windows explorer etc… so many things etc… if they had a clue they would not be last place in browser wars either.
people had no choice with IE until firefox surpassed them. look that what happened to Nokia. MS is gone from mobile market yet they still push that same OS on us which caused them to lose the mobile market in the first place.
they should be putting all their resources in keeping the Desktop market which they actually have. they can easily make the WIndows 7 gui as an option in w10/11. what is so hard about that?
then the telemetry BS. when did MS go downhill. too bad nothing from Linux compares and can run all windows apps and games directly.

2 Likes

@mak2020 What has your contribution to do with the topic of this thread? The thread opener is waiting for an answer to his/her request.

um, how does your post add to this thread as well?

I was explaining why there are no w7 x64 drivers for the network card built on x470. it is because microsoft has alienated their older user base and went to android style OS where they control the OS and can check on everything.

@mak2020
Users, who are writing their requests into this thread, want just a solution of their problems.
Do you really think, that your contribution was helpful for the affected users?