[Request] Z390 AORUS PRO Disable CPU Virtualization

i have a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro and i wanna disable virtualization there was a link from a guy who turns out he retired and the link was from tinyurl
im really stuck and need your help :woozy_face: :pleading_face:

also i found this link from a retired person

and im tempted to buy it the membership to get access to expired file

sadly its with a crypto wallet that i do not own

Personal linked files outside the forum are not possible to recover, they are still posted by respect to the users and content.

Dump the bios region with FPT tool, mod it/unlock it with the UEFI Editor and flash back with FPT if FD is unlocked, or work on a full Gigabyte update file and use Q-Flash ONLY, IF the bios is not latest ones with improved security and CAPSULATED.
Any issues regarding the tools/methods post on the relevant linked threads, Good luck

1 Like

Hello i got a friend to pay for the subscription to get the old file from the retired staff and hopefully this will help people too
Z390-Aorus-Pro_F11-VMX-HPET-Hard-Disable.rar (6.5 MB)

1 Like

nvm i guess since i cant qflash it :(((((((

Z390AOPRVMXHPET.zip (6.7 MB)
made it into zip

@Odysseas, the easiest way to flash a modified BIOS to your motherboard is using Intel’s Flash Programming Tool (FPT). This will get around the “Invalid BIOS Image” message.

You will need to download the correct version of FPT for your motherboard which is v12.x:

FPT_v12.0.x.zip

You can use the 64-bit version (FPTW64.exe) to flash the BIOS in Windows from an elevated command prompt but it is less risky to use FPT from a bootable USB stick with MS-DOS or a UEFI shell.

If using the Windows version you should disable any anti-virus program you have running it as it may attempt to block the BIOS flash.

WARNING: Unlike Qflash or Efiflash, FPT will not check if you are flashing the correct BIOS to a matching motherboard so you can brick your motherboard if you cross-flash the wrong BIOS! Be very careful!

2ND WARNING: Your motherboard has an Intel Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. You can overwrite (erase) the MAC address(es) with FPT causing it to no longer function! Although the MAC address may be recoverable it is a hassle that you will want to avoid. It will show as 888888888788 if you overwrite it.

DISCLAIMER There is always a risk when flashing the firmware of any motherboard. You must decide if you think the risk is worth it - if you don’t know how to recover your motherboard from a bad flash then I don’t recommend that you attempt a BIOS downgrade. I am not responsible for any problems that arise from your actions. Having access to a hardware programmer is highly recommended.

Before you attempt to flash the modified BIOS you should do a complete backup of your current BIOS using the command:

fptw64 -d bios.bin

You should see “FPT Operation Successful.”

Put the backup somewhere safe as it contains your MAC address should you ever need it.

Copy the modified BIOS file you want to flash into your FPT folder and use the following commands to flash the entire EEPROM;

fptw64 -SAVEMAC -f Z390AOPRVMXHPET.F11

Make sure to include the -SAVEMAC command so your MAC address is not overwritten.

Once the flash operation says it has completed successfully type the following command to IMMEDIATLEY reboot and load the BIOS you just flashed;

fptw64 -greset

Note that your PC will restart instantly without any warning as though you have pressed the reset button.

1 Like