[Resolved] Asrock z77 extreme 4 , Managment Engine probably corrupted , need guidance

Hello , i ve been told to ask my question here when i posted at Station Driver

so to explain simply , i think i have a ME corruption , but even if i read everything i could about it , i am still a tinny bit confused , and i want some guidance about what i should be doing next .

i have a asrock z77 extreme 4 555, with a i5 3570k , i always had crashes , blue screens and such since day one (w7 w8 w10 alike), on this second hand computer , i changed almost everything once , and always looking up forums for people having the same problems .i never OC anything. i think i have the latest bios from the constructor, that is 2.90P (but it says P2.90 in the bios so that s confusing). Now that i had enough part to almost make a second computer i build another z77 i5 with a Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3 and a i5 3570 (not k). and much to my surprise i leaned that computer have turbo when under load (behavior that i never saw on my asrock).
So i checked a little bit in my bios and played around to understand ; and found behaviors that looks like Management Engine corruption (because i could now lookup more precise behaviors than just crashes). Those symptoms are :
-cant get my 3570k ([email protected]) go higher than 3.57ghz* (when my 3570 on the gigabyte goes naturally at 3.8ghz)
-xmp profiles for the base frequency of my ram is not working (i have 4x8go 2400 ddr3) and what ever i do it runs at 2133.
-crashes
-bluescreens

*as i am writing this post i realize some more strange behavior :
when i stress tested this afternoon after setting the bios to 4ghz to see how it was behaving i got : 3.57ghz in task monitor , 3.6ghz as value i could see reach in CPUID HWMonitor , an apparently 3.8ghz as Max value that i didnt see myself reaching , under intelburntest, i screenshot at 1pm.
i stoped the stress and turned of wifi , and left home in an hurry .
I am back in front of the computer writing this post at midnight and i have all the monitors still running and in CPUID HWMonitor i saw 3.8ghz as value at some point wile the load is 2-7% (just my browser and the monitors running), and that the max reached 3.99ghz.
i dont know what to think of it , i guess i set the base frequency too quickly with the 4ghz constructor profile and finally reached the speed after many hours ? but if i set the turbo nothing happens (ceil at 3.6ghz), idk it is confusing to have never tried OC and start with a broken system , i dont know what i am doing . i will revert to basic bios settings after i finish this post

so yesterday i already did the basic ME tests i understand

and the bios i think is installed

I would like to know if there is more tests that would help me know if i have ME corruption , (i need a reasonable downtime because this is my workstation so i need to not brick anything)
i wanted to know if i try to update my ME FW i would repair things eventually , but this RGN EXTR this is kinda scary , from what i think i understood if i update the MEFW with FWUpdLcl64.exe i dont have to care about the RGN EXTR subtleties? or am i mistaking the updater ?
i had many other questions but i dont remember cause i am too tired now, i will ask them as replies to this post
good night !
thanks in advance !

ok , it s been a week i hoped i d had a answer by now , i think i will try the update then . or maybe i should wait 3 days for me to come back from work , so i dont brick my computer just before leaving for 3 days :stuck_out_tongue:

bump

Just upgrade your firmware to Intel ME 8 1.5MB Firmware v8.1.70.1590 - I have Z77 and I don’t have problems at all…

Also reset your BIOS settings to default, if this won’t help you then check your RAM sticks - I think that they may be incompatible with your motherboard/cpu - max RAM frequency for your CPU (memory controller) is 1600MHz and you use 2133MHz so this would work but also doesn’t have to (crashes, bsods etc.)…

Maybe borrow from some of your friends older RAM sticks (1600MHz) and install them in your computer to see if this will help…

Hi @caleb59 , thanks for your answer , i arrived at home from work with some ram , did what you said , but i only updated to a lower version than the one you advised , the 8.1.70.1590 is not a 1.5mo firmeware
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php…&page=2&lang=fr
so i will not do that

nothing changed , i will give up and order a bios from ebay hopping this will work .

and yes i know many people never had any problem , and i cant find anybody that has the same problem , but I never not had any problem with this motherboard . i am also thinking about using my z77 gigabyte instead of this nightmare of asrock mobo.
also it is not a asrock problem it is a ME FW problem i think , but i cant find ME-FW corruption experts…

It’s 1.5MB:

I’ve installed it just fine on my MSI Z77A-G43…
Download here (Consumer Systems): Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Thanks , the website i took my ME FW was not the latest , so i ve installed 8.1.70.1590 , the one you said , and it didnt change anything
also i manually updated the MEI driver on windows , because when i was doing the driver installer it didnt work , and still nothing .
i ve tried the lan uefi bios update and it said it was already to the last version

i just did 3 different bios updates and the last one on the usb thumbdrive , in the bios , worked (first the password for entering the bios changed and my boot order too) also if i set my cpu speeds in the bios , i can see them in windows now
i tried 3.9 and 4.4 without problems for now

thank you for your help !