SAMSUNG 950 PRO NVMe SSD 'unsafe shutdowns', NVMe driver, W10 x64 'unexpected shutdown'

@100PIER

I mean windows option only, fast startup at BIOS are turned on (i have UEFI BIOS).

@beavis
Yes, I have UEFI BIOS of course, but I don’t use ‘fast boot’ option which is not compatable with some ASUS overclocking optimisations.
I have set W10 ‘high perf’ power option, and ‘never stop’ disk option.
I don’t see Windows ‘fast startup’ option into my ‘Home’ version. Do you have a screenshot where you find this ‘feature’ ?

I believe this issue not related with BIOS, because "not expected shutdown" registered at windows events logger during shutdown process when BIOS are not active.

Here this option:
[[File:1526844273443938480[1].png|none|auto]]

@beavis ,
Thanks for the info.
I confirm I have not these options on my W10 version. Seem only for Professional version , not for Home version.

I had the same issues with the 960 EVO and all my problems are fixed with the new firmware release "3B7QCXE7" in combination with Samsung NVME Express Driver 2.3.

Before I flashed the new firmware I used the out-of-the-box Windows NVME driver but sometimes the bugs annoyed me again… finally with the new firmware everything is fine!

I still have the issue.
Samsung 950 PRO
Firmware - 2B0QBXX7
Driver - 2.3.0.1709
Windows 10 1709

But I do have that "Fast startup" on where beavis mentions. I read that turning that off will help, but when I did I had sporadic hang ups on boot. Will try again and see. My unsafe shutdowns hit again on Feb 1 and nothing in my records was updated that nor installed.

Yes, I still have the issue with 950 PRO 512GB (firmware does seem never be updated), and does seem the issue fixed for 960EVO 500GB (new firmware).
For 960PRO 1TB (new recent firmware) it is early to comment.

CDI_950PRO_512GB_15fev18.PNG

CDI_960EVO_500GB_15fev18.PNG

CDI_960PRO_1_05fev18.PNG