[Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems

Hello, Can someone send a link how to properly integrate drivers into Windows 7 SP1 iso

Thanks

Hello!
I am very sorry, is it possible to use win7 on Ryzen 5700G and what MB prefered? (better witn 8 sata)
Is it possible to use integrated GPU?

@korshuy
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
>Here< is the requested link.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Mr. Kong updated driver and topic header.
You are the best! Thank you so much!

Thank you canonkong for updating drivers!

1 Like

Thanks Canonkong for all your hard work!

Has anyone found a good AM5 board to buy? All of the higher end boards use ALC4080 which apparently is Windows 10 only, other boards use ALC897 which is much worse than ALC1220 of AM4 generation.

Or is there a way to get audio out of ALC4080 in Windows 7?

1 Like

The MAG-B650M-MORTAR-WIFI that Canonkong is using on the first page of this thread has a Realtek ALC4080. Since his device manager shows sound drivers and no ?, the drivers must exist and are probably in his download package, but Canonkong would have to confirm this.

The driver package include the ALC408x series sound driver. Even you buy a mainboard install win7 appear A5 BSOD,I also can mod BIOS or use MOD acpi.sys to solve it.

2 Likes

So to be clear ALC4080 drivers will work with win7 if you modify acpi.sys?

For example B650M Mortar - sound works correctly? Or at least fallback USB2 mode?

Yes, it can work fine. I test those audio interface and SPDIF can work fine.

2 Likes

Hello Canonkong,

I have been following your driver updates and have been trying to get my ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) to run on windows 7. I have everything running fine except that it freezes at the windows 7 startup logo, during boot, about 4 times out of every 5. I have to keep doing hard reboots a few times until it gets past the boot logo. I have tried all the settings in the BIOS and have the most up-to-date BIOS, but it still freezes during boot, every 4 times out of 5. Do you know what the hell is going on?

Thanks for your hard work and I am so close, thanks to you, to getting Windows 7 on my Ryzen system.

Uninstall the old driver,update the latest driver which for ASUS mainboard only.

1 Like

Canonking, I have downloaded your new driver package for ASUS at the top of this page, from 12/12/22. There are loads of drivers in the package, shall I remove and delete them all in Device Manager then reinstall all the new ones from your updated package?

Cheers.

No, just the usb drivers need to uninstall and update.

2 Likes

Canonkong, I have now done as you asked and it now seems to be booting correctly without freezing at the Windows start logo. At last! I have rid myself of Windows 10 and have Windows 7 running on the Ryzen system. Thank you for sharing your help and knowledge.

Hello, can you use it to run Win8.1?

Ryzen 7 3700x
GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE V2

win7/8/8.1 bove can work.

1 Like

Hello all, happy new year. I am trying to install Win7 in UEFI mode so I can dual boot with re-BAR on.

I have a modified USB installer with the drivers slipstreamed in, however when I try to boot off the stick in UEFI mode, (CSM disabled and secureboot off), I get BLINITIALIZELIBRARY FAILED 0xc0000001

Can someone here point to a solution? Really want to get Win 7 working in UEFI mode.

MS documentation says this is something to do with excessive memory fragmentation and they offer no solution to get past it. Of course, the search results are filled with microsoft answers standard useless advice (sfc/scannow) and reddit useless advice (reformat, windows defender, just upgrade to windows 11, subscribe to my wifes onlyfans)

I already hgave an installation that works in CSM mode, so maybe if I can modify it to get past win7 logo in UEFI mode, that would be fine too.

Only OEM platform with the BIOS not have any csm module can use pure uefi mode.
When your mainboard bios have csm module, this mainboard can not ues pure uefi mode, even you disable the CSM or use flashbootpro/uefiseven.

Please help me install it b550 chipset, cpu 5800x all device work. But win 7 slowly loading 15 sec? On the pc with processor i5-3770 win 7 loading 6 sec. Installed updates: KB2550978-x64_nvme, KB2864202-x64_usb, KB2908783-x64_nwme, KB2920188-v7-x64_msft, KB2990941-v3-x64_nvme, KB3087873-v2-x64_nvme, KB4474419-v3-x64_sha2, kb4490628-x64_sha2