[Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems

I too had this problem on MSI B650 Tomahawk. This is related to Realtek USB Audio.

Solution: go to BIOS and disable HD Audio Controller. For me it was in → Main page (ez mode) → on the bottom right → disable HD Audio Controller.

Then proceed to install Win 7. After installation is complete go to Win 7 and restart. Enter BIOS and re-enable the HD Audio Controller. Now go to Win 7 and install the driver provided in first post (Realtek USB Audio).

@canonkong,hello,You go to drive against my motherboard does not work, I made a U disk boot, always stuck in the recognition of the mouse and keyboard interface.

asus and others have been tested, not recognized, not working

If the Windows freezes at boot animation. Just Enable USB power in S4/S5 from the Bios

Still not working, I am trying to find a USB3.0 driver for my motherboard, my motherboard does not have a 2.0 option yet. But my motherboard supports PS2, and I’ll find a PS2 mouse to try it out sometime.

But I don’t think it makes sense for me to use PS2, eventually I’ll have to use USB, and I’ll still need to find a driver that fits my motherboard.

Thank you @canonkong, I have carefully checked every post from 2019 to this year, I firmly believe that your drive is effective, it should be my incorrect operation, no correct integration, resulting in no effect, maybe the KB4474419 patch and some other complete patches are not updated, I have also seen many successful examples. I should use the PS2 mouse and card interface today, I will update the latest patch and make a new attempt.

Hi, cononkong, I am so happy and grateful. I updated all the patches of win7 and replaced ACPI.SYS. Finally, I can install it, but now I have encountered a problem and want to ask you for leave. Can CSM compatibility mode only be installed on MBR? ? Can’t install on GPT? I can correctly identify my hard drive during installation, but cannot install it. What is the problem?

I replaced all my hard drives last year and now use two M.2 and no SATA hard drives now

I converted to MBR and still can’t install.

I succeeded, I’m so happy, thank you so much @canonkong for providing the driver and ACPI.SYS file. I’m also fortunate to see this forum, which has given me great help. But my only problem now is the nvida4000 series graphics card driver. I wonder if anyone can provide me with the nvida4000 series graphics card driver. Thank you very much!

Finally, I used WinNTSetup to install it directly under win10. I originally wanted to use win-set to install so that I could see all the installation processes and errors, but I don’t know why. It may be that it detected that win10 already existed on my hard disk and didn’t let me install it. I used WinNTSetup to force the installation directly. Unexpectedly, it started successfully. It should be that the driver provided by you, canonkong, gave great help to it to start successfully.

Thanks again @canonkong
Can anyone provide me with the nvida4000 series graphics card driver? I’d be grateful. I don’t want to use the broken UI of win10-win11 anymore.

1 Like

Nice task manager:o)

@canonkong i run into troubles with x670 chipset (msi gaming plus mobo), my computer keeps going into sleep mode after 5 minutes or so (and sometimes not, i don’t understand the pattern), despite the fact that i selected performance profile in windows control panel.
more over i installed park control and process lasso without any affect on the problem.

Also tried to turn off all power related settings, c-states which i found in bios.
Turned off hybernation via powercfg tool. Computer and monitor[!] keeps turning off by themselves.

in some rear cases i’ve got f4 bsod error upon waking up…

Mr.kong do you have any idea why is this happening?

ps i have latest bios 7e16v181 dated 2024-08-30.

F4 BSOD,check the memory,6000MHz is the best setting. Sleeping problem need to check vedio driver or system patches.

1 Like

@canonkong i am on 6400 right now, will fallback to 6000 due to your recommendation.
As for video card i have geforce 3090ti driver 475.14.
mr.Kong what do you mean by system patches? Security hotfixes?

Yes, the system patches for Win7 are quite complex. Have you installed all the system patches? Because my computer has never encountered sleep or hibernation issues, I am not sure if it is a system or driver problem. Try using different BIOS to detect.

1 Like

Yes i used Simplix patcher to install ESU updates, system works ok, only random sleep drives me nuts. Will look into the problem tonight.