[Solved] How to mod an ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS?

Haven’t tried it either, jsut had it tested with UBU Tool. I have a bad habit of updating everything before I flash it =)

If I get time later (after 10pm more like midnight UK time) I will try the stock after removing my raid drive.

It should be stressed that updating or replacing CPU microcodes does not provide any advantage or tweak for the user, as Windows uses its own CPU Microcodes (36 in my own case).

Only if they are newer that the BIOS ones. So there is a point in updating there as the ones from MS are not usually up to date.

Thanks for the share

This bios including the following components ?

PS: the 3008 bios is a beta bios

The 3008 bios already has LAN and MEI modules updated as well as the IRST (though it appears twice with an old version and a new one).

I upgraded the BIOS to the 3008 modded BIOS here and I no longer have the IRST Raid configuration option in the BIOS? Any ideas?

I also can not instal the RST software…it says "Platform not supported"???

How did you update it ? If you have errors you can revert to the previous one using the USB Bios Flashback procedure.

I did the usual BIOS Flashback. Everything working fine except that I can’t install RST Software and there isn’t a RST RAID Configuration option anymore in the BIOS

Go back to the old BIOS, This BETA is strange as it has 13 & 14 series raid drivers, any BETA from ASUS should be left alone.

There is a new microcode (37) with a UBU Tool. Still only one CPUID supported… Any ideas on modding this table?

I have been trying to update Unb0rn’s 2001 BIOS to the latest microcode version 37, but even though I seem to be doing everything properly like I did last time, UBU still reports version 36. Any ideas?

Please explain your method in order to understand if your steps are correct.

Please explain your method in order to understand if your steps are correct.

I am talking about the method that was mentioned in this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1577530/guide…he-x99-ami-bios by Fernando.
Is there another?

Here we go :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By28-1Y…iew?usp=sharing

Try it (UBU reports microcode 37). If it works, as I suppose, I’ll explain how I mod it. :wink:

I used an hex editor and correctly replaced microcode 2D with the 37. I’m using the 3008 Beta

This is not Unb0rn’s version with the properly edited network modules. I can update the microcode correctly myself on a default BIOS, but not on Unb0rn’s as I primarily said.

And unfortunately, I do not know what procedures he follows to remove / update the network modules properly and so on, so I tried modifying his directly - which I failed to do so for unknown reasons to me.

Also, I do not see what other explanation is necessary, are you doing something different from what the guide directs us to do?

Ok, I’ll mod it the Unb0rn version.

Edit:
I can’t understand why you’re saying my modded bios has not the network modules properly edited while they are the same (I’ve only left the Realtek UNDI).

Read my previous post, anywat Unb0rn’s modules are exactly the same I used, so I can’t understand why you’re saying they are not the same. The only differences are that I’ve correctly inserted the cpu microcodes 37
and I’ve updated the Realtek UEFI Undi module.

Edit : This is the Unb0rn’s version with the microcode correctly updated to 37 !!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By28-1Y…iew?usp=sharing

Well “properly” was the wrong sentence to use probably; I meant that Unb0rn’s BIOS version has the EFI Realtek UNDI module removed. I think only a couple of people know / understand how to do this. This is also the reason I gave up trying to contribute with updated BIOS posts - because I do not know how to cover this part.

You can go back and read the discussion regarding this matter, SoniX’s commended on it as well. I am really not sure whether it is necessary to remove it or not, but seeing ASUS removed it on its latest BIOS update, I assume people here were doing the right thing all along.

This is why I asked for his version, it is because I cannot replicate this part…