[SOLVED] P9X79 WS/IPMI BIOS Overclocking unlocked...

@Lost-N-Bios - U DID IT!!! It flashed then came up as “Bios updating”, it restarted and I’m in 4901 5/7/2018 with acces to ai Tweaker!!!

Can you add back the Samsung dxe though? It’s not seeing my drive.

Thank you SO MUCH!!!

@MMFC378 That’s great! I was worried you’d have to fight to recover for hours/days and have to end up ordering a programmer. So what method and files finally sorted it out for you?

You’re welcome, and sorry, yes I can add NVME now, I forgot in all the editing attempts. Please dump BIOS and send to me, I’ll re-edit with NVME Mod again

Flashback worked but had to change the file name with an “I” at the end. So “P9X79WSI”. It won’t read anything else

So it was still on P9X79WSI in some part. Which BIOS file did you use?

* Edit, Ohh yeah, I forgot I switched originally, putting your OG Board ID into the 4901 BIOS, so it will always be detected as IMPI until we can switch it back (later if you want) Best done with programmer, but we can do without

the last one you uploaded

Good to know, yes, sorry, when I was writing all that recovery info out for you I forgot that even in the 4901 BIOS I switched the FID to your board FID (IMPI details), so it still thinks it’s IMPI in some areas related to flashing and flashback.

So, @Nuckyy - if you send me your programmer dump, I can copy over your details to BIOS like above (But with actual P9X79-WS ID left in place, since you have programmer). Then you will always be able to easily flash via flashback or EX flash the regular stock P9X79-WS files

No need. This is working and thats all that matter. Tweaker is working, finally have XMP and overclocking. Even added NIC controls. Chassis issue seems to be fixed (its finally saving as Disabled). Everything looks GREAT! Just NVME and Samsung added and I’m good to go

What would you have to do to make this a universal fix for others?

There is no simple way to make a universal fix for people, due to board specific details needing manually copied over, this is best done with a programmer really.
BIOS as you have it now will be a hassle for you if you ever want to update BIOS, stock P9X79-WS BIOS will need edited each time for FID x2 and Flashback module x2, from the IMPI board, unless we correct it.

Here is same file, with Samsung NVME instead of regular NVME Mod - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…222776172051432
Flash via flashback again

Luckily I probably wont need to update the BIOS any time soon. Im back in my system and CPU-z sees it as just WS now.

I cant thank you enough. I know this took a lot of your time and just know i appreciate it. X79 still lives on :slight_smile:

You’re welcome @MMFC378 - I’m glad we got it sorted out, I know most anything is possible if you stab it correctly

What is this Samsung NVMW module, where did it come from, and how is it different/better than the normal NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs everyone uses?
@Fernando - what do you know about this Samsung NVME module? If you need me to upload for you to see let me know.

@Lost_N_BIOS - its this [Guide] How to get M.2/PCIe connected Samsung AHCI SSDs bootable?

Its kind of in between an nvme and an ssd (i think). Speeds much higher than an ssd but its not NVME drive. At least thats my impression of it

OK, thanks for the explanation! I was wondering why it wasn’t working for you as it was, since when I went to put in your Samsung module, I noticed that I had already placed regular NVME mod there earlier, thinking it was same/similar when you asked to be sure I did that early on.

Sorry for not being responsive, I haven’t been able to check email or posts until just now. It looks like progress was made! @Lost_N_BIOS I never ordered a programmer as I wasn’t sure if we would need one. So what information do you need from me / what steps do I need to do to get a working bios going?

@Nuckyy - sorry for my confusion, I must have been thinking of another thread, I thought you had programmer in hand already.
Since you do not, you’ll need to do the same dance MMFC378 did. Please dump your BIOS with AFU for me so I can grab your details to put into the same BIOS for you.

@Lost_N_BIOS Here is the AFU extracted ROM. I really appreciate the help.

Extracted.zip (3.95 MB)

Thank for the file, and you’re welcome! @Nuckyy - Do you need NVME mod done too, regular one not Samsung (Or Samsung one if you need), or nothing like that done only do the fix to let you use the regular P9X79 BIOS.
The file as I have it now, is ready either way, with Samsung NVME mod, or regular NVME Mod, just need to put in your serial, MAC etc

I’m not sure of the difference between regular NVME or Samsung NVME mod. I have my regular p9x79 NVME modded so if you don’t mind to add the regular NVME mod I would appreciate it.

@Nuckyy - here you go, flash via USB Flashback - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…164796713187822
Please note, your ME Region was empty in your backup!! This was not the case with MMFC378’s AFU backup
If you need me to stick ME back in there let me know.

Thanks! I’ll let you know how it goes

@Lost_N_BIOS Everything worked great! Thanks so much.

@Nuckyy - Cool no issues getting flashed in! You’re welcome, now you can enjoy and play a while!