[TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios

sorry,there are some compatibility problem need fix.

Does anyone here got a modded BIOS for ASUS Maximus VIII Hero motherboard for Coffee Lake???

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAX…/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Search these threads, or ask there for best luck
[GUIDE] Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards
[GUIDE] Fixing HT for Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards (Z170, Z270)

-[update-05]-
2018-10-08
more bug fix
change microcode replace method

Still recieving the error in Intel bmp stating "please specify a valid binary data file"
everything else seems to proceed fine, as i am left with a file in the work dir labeled "z17ocf7.me117.67ABC.sku370.ACPI.bin"
Will I need to manually update the vbios myself?

I get
Ready fix Hyper-threading
patch error
Skip ACPI fix

Everything else is ok.

some asrock b250 16thread not support yet,so BIOS support up to 8 threads

i have tested ,no error happed, try drag bios file on @2gop_vbios.exe .
did you use original bios from asrock?

yes, it gives the same error message "please specify a valid binary data file"
I even made sure to download a fresh copy of the bios from asrock.
so yeah same error message?!?!

open task manager, close ssf.exe, close bmp error window,copy text in "binary data file" inputbox and paste here

it doesn’t let me do anything as it closes it’s self out, before i can do any of that.

replace ssf.exe in bin directory

ssf.zip (348 KB)

Binary data File://
C:\Users\f3ban\Downloads\coffeeLake_MOD_Tool_By.revlaay - eng\coffeeLake_MOD_Tool_By.revlaay - eng\Z17OCF7.vbios.dat

BMP Script file://
C:\Users\f3ban\Downloads\coffeeLake_MOD_Tool_By.revlaay - eng\coffeeLake_MOD_Tool_By.revlaay - eng\bin..\res\vbios\File\skl_File.bsf

I manually extracted the vbios.dat file and renamed it to what the script is looking for.
and it proceeded to the bsf file which has the same issue. it’s looking for a file that is not there

I manually extracted the vbios.dat from the stock bios and copied it to the root dir. If i drag the bios file to the bmp script file, it deletes the vbios.dat file.
so it’s not there when intel bmp starts up and looks for it. also the bsf file isn’t where it needs to be for intel bmp either. or intel bmp is being pointed
to the wrong directory and/or file. if I re-copy the vbios.dat file to the root dir before intel bmp starts it proceeds fine to the bsf file step. but stops there
cause the file is missing or wrong, etc.

file path problem, move tool to drive root like ”D:\coffeeLake_MOD_Tool_By.revlaay - eng“ should work now , i’ll try fix this

ok that helped alot! But i see this is the script window before it closes, is that normal?

start update gop…
timeout: failed to run command ‘/nobreak’: No such file or directory
start update vbios…

restore ssf.exe from archive

I managed to get it to go thru all in one try by running it from the root of my c:\ drive.

So I guess my last question is will this work and show up just like a supported cpu for this
board. or are there quirks with this mod. like apps showing different values etc?

your board support all gen 8 cpu, still need “pin mod” on cpu pins . here https://community.hwbot.org/topic/175489…&comment=497577