[Tool] EFIFlash v0.80/v0.85/v0.87 for Gigabyte Mainboards

@chinobino bro I have a question, I want to flash modified bios to Aorus b550 elite v2 revision 1.5 the problem is that even official oldest bios is already capsulated and secured by AGESA so flashing with qflash or qflash plus is impossible as well as downgrading. Wich of methods described here should I use in your opinion?

So downgrading isnt possible? Have you tried it using Qflash/Qflash plus? BBecause my friend b450 could downgrade to old bios even after agesa 1.2.0.B bios update.

You probably want to remove amdspiromprotect modules from your modded bios before flashing so, it could be dxe, smm, spi, anything, just remove the modules and flash the modded bios, so you could use flashprog/rom to backup/write any bios directly.

1 Like

Do you have link to some guide how to remove those protection modules?
Unfortunately this board revision oldest available bios already has AGESA 1.2.0.7 so downgrade is pointless.

Either use any Hex Editor, Uefitool, or mmtool v5 to remove it.

Yeah, at this point you do need a programmer, OR you could try to rename the revision 1.0 bios f10 or f12 for qflash plus, with the naming of bios FB through FGb (so bios F10 or F12 renamed as FGb for qflash plus if you get what i mean).

1 Like

Isn’t flashing other revision bios risky and can brick mobo? :d

well… the boards are physically identical…

1 Like