[TOOL] UniversalAMDFormBrowser

Bios Flasher? Where We’re Going, We Don’t Need Bios Flasher?

With this tool you can Access and modify AMD PBS/AMD CBS Menu and possibly AMD Overclocking without flashing, and by just booting from a USB drive

Disclaimer

I’m not responsible for any damage resulting from the use of this Tool;

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Using this tool you agree also to this rule

Think twice before committing any change

How this work

AMD PBS/AMD CBS and possibly AMD Overclocking (Aod_Setup) export their HII database regardless of the manufacturer, so if we can load these we can access these menus without problem.

This package includes two main component a Loader and the UI component, the latter one are build from a standard edk2 Package. On boot from usb the Loader will unregister the existing bios FormBrowser and will load this custom one, proving the new interface for this boot.
The interface is a bit oldish, but get the work done…
The only drawback of this method is that you need to boot from USB to accessed these menus.

How to use it

Extract in a FAT32 USB, and boot from it, it will load the custom bios UI, Now if you enter Device Manager, AMD PBS/CBS will be there, you can modify what you want, and when done, just hit esc until it ask you to save.

On AMI Bios, in addition to AMD PBS and CBS will be shown also “Setup”, this is the regular bios, the edit here might not be saved (AMD PBS/CBS, Aod Setup)

#Mirror:

This is almost the same as my early version, redacted for bug, Given that I can’t edit that post anymore I made this new one.

Edit by Fernando:
The thread title has been shortened by me. An added Mirror link is not worth being mentioned within the title.

7 Likes

This is pretty cool however for my laptop with an ami bios alot of the features do not work mainly the ones i tested that dont work are the memory settings like overclocking ram, and the fabric speeds. Some things in those menus did work however like disabling gear down and changing the amount of ram dedicated to my igpu. Not sure if there is anything you can do to fix whats not working but if you need any help testing just ask. Also my friend tried this on his laptop with a Insyde H2O bios and the memory and fabric settings did work. Aod setup does not show up for me while on his device it did. EDIT ram timings do work but the main clockspeed doesnt

From my current understanding aodsetup/amd overclock is shown only on HX chip.

Also cbs memory timing work only on zen2, on zen3 you need the one that are from Aodsetup.

I’m working to get AoDsetup working also on non HX chip

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. To note the guy i was talking about had a 5800u not a hx and the options for fabric and memory did work, but he also has a different bios maker like i said and has lpddr4 which might make a difference? im on a 4500u so i guess i should have clarified that earlier.

Oh, so Amd overclocking is show also on 5800U, that’s an amazing news (this mean that is just a software lock on some bios, and should be easier bypassed)

Can I ask what laptop you friend has?ù

1 Like

hes got an Acer Swift X, he has been running his lpddr4 at 2000mhz 1-1 with fabric ever since i showed him the tool. I have an hp envy x360 4500u.

nice work!

it work on ideapad S540 (4600u)

maybe increase font size!

Working fine on Ideapad Gaming 3 (4600H) 15ARH05, FCCN18WW and FCCN16WW.

I just saw a line that you mentioned about a bug on dell laptops in your github page, i just wanna let you know i’m getting that bug, couple of misc options.

I guess 5 or 6 misc options i have on the boot menu, and only two of them bootable. The bootable ones look like made by my bios provider because there is a logo of them at the top left corner. In that misc option, i almost can do nothing else than booting the normal bios.

And thx for this awsome tool

I mean the bug of the misc option happen on all device( if you opened anything other than device managerr)
Are useless and you can delete

The bug on dell is that if these exist the original bios will fail to load

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck with a 5800H? I just tried using the production version of the form browser and i still get black screen on boot. I was running on GKCN49WW and the bios was in debug mode after using unlocker. that may be a cause??. I thought that I might try with a freshly flashed 53WW and see what happens.

hey, looks very good
please post download link so we can use software. or in PM atleast

any updates on the download link? I wanna test this on my Asus 3750H FX505DV i just wanna overclock the ram to 3200mhz :frowning:

GitHub - DavidS95/Smokeless_UMAF heres a backup of it

thank you!

Hello!

I was wondering if you plan to open-source it?
I’m interested in learning how this works!
Or could you kindly point me to resources where I can explore this?

Thanks!

Hi, no plan to fully open Source it , since is too stupid, and anyone can make it, the difficult part is understanding the edk2 build system

The only thing that It basically does is find and uninstall the BIOS provided DisplayEngine and Formbrowser, and then proceed to load the edk2 one (built straight from edk2 source, no mod), that allow to browse exported hii database (all amd module always export the HII database, so for this is called AMD form Browser, but also some intel bios does, and will work also there)

All you need to undestand all this is a read of the uefi spec

Basically this is what the Loader does, you just need to figure out from the spec, how Uninstall and how load a new image

no plan to fully open Source it , since is too stupid

No no it’s not! It’s not stupid at all! I promise I won’t judge haha! Tools like this, I’m really interested in low level stuff, and having an example to look at would be amazing!

I’m interested in this kind of thing, and I was actually reading the spec trying to understand it, so having an example that does really amazing stuff (like your package!) would be a godsend to look at! I’d appreciate it A TON if you could share it, either privately or in a github repo! I promise to keep it private if you do end up sharing it privately! I know a word isn’t much, but I will keep it safe!

The only thing that It basically does is find and uninstall the BIOS provided DisplayEngine and Formbrowser, and then proceed to load the edk2 one (built straight from edk2 source, no mod), that allow to browse exported hii database (all amd module always export the HII database, so for this is called AMD form Browser, but also some intel bios does, and will work also there)

Well most of it sounds like a foreign language lmao, I’m learning, but I guess I’m still far off!

Thank you for your time!

Great tool. Works just fine on my tower with Ryzen 5 2400G. After HP killed the S3 idle in favor of the crooked s0ix sleep state I tried to use the tool on my Probook X360 435 G9 with Ryzen 7 5825U to re-enable S3 legacy. Boots just fine but the device manager is empty. No “setup” menu either.

bios .bin: U80_01090000.bin - Google Drive

1 Like

I’m having a problem setting max registers for cppc. the description shows values from 0 to 255 but I can’t type more than 2 symbols. So I’m stuck with 99 registers which gives me a max frequency of 2.52ghz instead of 4.3ghz which is the max for my 4800h.

For 256 type “FF”.