Toshiba laptop: BIOS modding required due to CPU upgrade

Hello I’m also new in this forum! :slight_smile:
GUYS outhere i need a few minutes of your time please!

My Want and Problem:
Laptop: Toshiba Satelitte L555-11Q with CPU I3 330m running on Win10 64bit.
I want to replace my CPU with the lastest CPU compatible in this Chipset series. I need few minutes of someones time to put the microcode into the modded BIOS Rom.
I tried my self, but i don’t know how to flash, because the manufactory Flash Programm don’t let me.
Any Idea? Thanks!

URLS:
Orginal Toshiba Phoenix Bios V2.20.exe
Lastest Intel Microcode for I3 330m
Lastest Intel Microcode for I7 640m
My failed modded ROM with Microcode i7 640m inside

WINFLASH :S

@Lukasz33 :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!
Since your help request is rather specific and has not much to do with the topic of >this< thread, I have moved your post into a new thread and gave it a hopefully meaningful title (if you want to change it, you can do it by editing your start post).

As you certainly know, the BIOS modding resp. the flashing of a modded BIOS into a Mobile System is not easy and very risky. I personally cannot help you, because I am not an expert regarding this kind of BIOS modding, but I hope, that you will get support by someone else.
Just for your information: We do not modify any BIOS upon request. We are offering some guides and help, but the work itself has to be done by the users.

Good luck!
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello friend!!
I have tried to injected microcode into bios file that you provided.
Here is file link ,i made two mod files,you can test them.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3CZPs…ejFwdEo4SnNmalU

Thanks Fernando for made this new Thread!

And Hello @Genius2239 !
I tried your mods but unfortunately they didnt work :S i got this Message:

After it i tried to flash the Orginal Bios, there was no problem.
For flashing I always edit the Bioscheck.bin a versionsnumber higher, so the OrginalBios get accepted. I think that is the right step or?

I don’t understand this ,maybe you can try it.
And i think it is a insyde efi bios.

Hey Genius239! I tried to flash your mods again but it doesn’t work! :S
So i mod the microcodes by UEFI TOOL myself and tried it again, but without success.
So the Flash Programm don’t let me flash the Modded.ROM…
Anyone outthere who knows to flash my modded .ROM Bios? Thanks!

Maybe our BIOS Guru CodeRush can help you.
I just saw him being online.

Try dumping and flashing the BIOS via Flash Programming Tool v6 (not IGN) instead with commands “fptw -d bios.bin -bios” and “fptw -f bios_mod.bin -bios” respectively.

Hello thank you for you help! BUT i dont know which Flash Programming Tool you mean & I’m sorry but my Bios has file typ .ROM !
And Idea? Thanks!

OK Guys for all of you, when you want to upgrade you CPU you have to watch which is stepping the new processor have, because it must be the same as your old one! So I3 330m can’t support I7 640m, the highest possible is I7 620m.
But thanks for you help, with the microcode!
Bye Guys!