Update BIOS ROMs in Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4

Any help would be appreciated.

Was curious if you could update the beta bios for the GA-X48-DS4 with current roms? The The DQ6 version has been done. Would do it myself just not that experienced with Hex editors and check sums. BIOS Files attached Original and SLIC Thanks

EDIT by Fernando: Off-topic part removed (it is still >here<).

x48ds4_F3B.zip (497 KB)

X48DS4_SLIC_F3D.zip (508 KB)

X48DQ6MOD.F8i.zip (1.19 MB)

X48DS4F3BMOD.ZIP (1.07 MB)

Anyone who can help Thanks,

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded quoted text deleted (to save space and to avoid misunderstandings)

Anyone who can help

Ok, I cannot help you in this case, because I do not modify BIOSes upon request.

Ok, don’t forget to give us a feedback regarding the result of the BIOS re-modding.

Please use the “Search” function of the Forum. Example: Join the Forum section “BIOS modding” and enter the word “Gigabyte”. This way you may find the Forum members, who have more experience with the modding of Gigabyte BIOSes than me.

If it’s a UEFI bios, use UBU. Simple and fast.

It’s a non-UEFI bios so that doesn’t help but thanks anyway.

It’s an Award bios editable with CBROM v1.98. Gigabyte’s bios is special apparently so some dummies need to be made etc. Maybe this will help you:

Gygabyte GA-880GM-UD2H (rev. 1.3) (3)

I have no experience with old gigabyte bios’es, especiallty Award, so this link is all I can think of.

@Fernando
The Intel RST that I’m using is not the RSTe 11.5.0.1414 it’s the SATA RST 11.5.0.1414.
Uploaded for you to look at if you want.

Intel-RST_RAID-ROM_v11.5.0.zip (59.1 KB)

@plutomaniac
Hex editing not something I have any experience with other than viewing versions of OROMs. To many irons in the fire already to add another like learning hot to hex edit and correct offsets.

@Fernando
Here is the latest Intel RST RAID ROM 13.5.0.2118 Attached.
Description :
Intel Rapid Storage Technology 13.5.0.2118 BIOS modules, Legacy OROM & UEFI SataDriver.

Legacy OROM: DEV_2822/282a

SataDriver: GUID 90C8D394- 91B4D9C1- 43A0B8C4- (Compressed)

Recommended Drivers:

13.5.0.1056 WHQL

Intel_RST_RAID_ROM_v13.5.0.2118.zip (64.9 KB)

I know that. Only the Intel RAID ROM modules v3.x.x.xxxx and v4.x.x.xxxx belong to the "Enterprise" (RSTe) series. Nevertheless I usually name all Intel RST drivers and RAID ROM modules from v11.5.x.xxxx up "RST(e)", because they natively are using an additional SCSI component (like the real RSTe drivers/ROM modules).

There was no need for this information and the attachment, because everything was already avalable within the Forum (look >here<). The Intel RST(e) drivers and RAID ROM versions v13.x.x.xxxx are optimized for the newest generation of Intel chipsets (8- and 9-Series) and not recommended for your old system.

I know that. Only the Intel RAID ROM modules v3.x.x.xxxx and v4.x.x.xxxx belong to the "Enterprise" (RSTe) series. Nevertheless I usually name all Intel RST drivers and RAID ROM modules from v11.5.x.xxxx up "RST(e)", because they natively are using an additional SCSI component (like the real RSTe drivers/ROM modules).

There was no need for this information and the attachment, because everything was already avalable within the Forum (look >here<). The Intel RST(e) drivers and RAID ROM versions v13.x.x.xxxx are optimized for the newest generation of Intel chipsets (8- and 9-Series) and not recommended for your old system.

By the way:
What have your recent post to do with the topic of this thread? Here should only be posted the BIOS modding results, but not the request for BIOS modding support.

Reply in new.php?thread=7&forum=13&reply=1&replyid=9225