Which are the "best" Intel AHCI/RAID drivers?

According to my knowledge the hibernation status is something else than the "idle" one.

windows 8.1 seems to be still have issues , its BSOD my wifi driver (Intel 4965AGN) which is supposed to be compatible

anyway ive gone back to windows 7 pro and on a Samsung 850 EVO im guessing the driver 11.2.0.1006 is the best driver for this?

strange thing is since going back , copying to USB has dropped from 15MB/s to 4MB/s …any ideas…same speed in windows 8.1 too

thanks

Not really. For a single SSD running in AHCI mode I recommend to install either the Intel RST(e) driver v12.9.4.1000 WHQL or the v13.1.0.1058 WHQL.

If it are the USB 3.0 ports, which are affected, I recommend to change the driver.

Refresh my memory, the ACHI driver is included in the RAID package, correct?
I installed 7 pro the other day on a SSD and wanted to see what windows would install by default.
It installed 8.5 which is really old so I updated to 11.7 which is close to the board OROM.
I took the two RE3’s that were in raid1 with vista, wiped and set up raid1 again to remove files from the SSD
to the raid for room plus to create a backup image of the C drive.

would going to 12.9 or 13.1 do anything? Right now since the board only has sataII the SSD is running at max speed for the controller.
Honestly, the RE3’s are running a good 40mb read/write faster since I updated the OROM.
Guess the old 8.xx OROM was holding back the system a bit.

As for USB, 7 should have installed the latest 3.0 drivers when you did the install.

I’d say not too shabby.

CrystalDiskMark 3.0.3 (C) 2007-2013 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 269.661 MB/s
Sequential Write : 261.458 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 229.730 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 256.516 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 23.530 MB/s [ 5744.7 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 57.310 MB/s [ 13991.7 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 210.762 MB/s [ 51455.5 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 201.599 MB/s [ 49218.5 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [F: 0.1% (0.1/111.8 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2015/02/21 0:37:23

What do you mean with "RAID package"?
All Intel Intel MSM/RST/RSTe drivers do support RAID and AHCI, provided that the related INF files (iaAHCI/iaAHCIC.inf for AHCI mode resp. iaStor/iastorAC.inf for RAID mode) have not been deleted.

Raid package as in the raid driver/RST program

Thanks, that is what I remember that raid has the same achi driver included.

hi

what dlo you recomend for a P67 chipset with a 250gb samsung evo 840 ?

thanks

Are my recommendations within the start post of this thread not clear enough?
Please re-read the chapter "My favorite Intel AHCI/RAID drivers for Intel systems from ICH7R/M up" and check, for which Intel systems the 3 different recommended drivers seem to be the best according to my own experience. Nevertheless my personal favorite drivers may not be the best drivers for everyone.
If you should find a better Intel AHCI driver for your system, please let us know it.

I am not getting 470mb/s write as per specifications: http://www.sandisk.co.uk/products/ssd/sata/x300/

I have this board: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product…spx?pid=4953#sp
with bios RAID rom 13.0.0.2075
using driver 13.1.0.1058

Should I test the later drivers as listed in first post or do I need a bios RAID rom update? I am on the latest official F5 bios for my board.

SSD manufacturers like to run the ATTO benchmark tool with compressable files. This way they get the highest scores, but the results have nothing to do with the real world.

1. For your P45/ICH10R Chipset mainboard I recommend to take an older Intel AHCI driver (look into the start post of this thread).
    2. The Intel RAID ROM version doesn’t matter, because you are obviously running your SSD in AHCI mode.

It says under product specifications:
"Performance is based on the CrystalDiskMark benchmark using a 1000MB range for an X300 SSD setup as a secondary drive on a GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H host system consisting of an IntelÂŽ i7-3770 3.4GHz, 8M, Ivy Bridge , 8GB RAM, Windows 8 , and iRST 12.9."

Also I now have a Z97X Gaming 5 motherboard, I upgraded as per sig.

Maybe they had booted in safe mode and disabled everything, which may have a negative impact on the SSD performance. Such benchmark results look fine, but don’t show the real performance while working with the Computer.

Ok, but why haven’t you just replaced your former system by the new one within the "My Specs:" part of your signature? A special "Update" section within the signature is misleading.

It does say in the specs, "Up to 530/470MB/s" and "Performance is based on the CrystalDiskMark benchmark using a 1000MB range for an X300 SSD setup as a secondary drive" it looks to me that you have this as a primary drive, with two partitions.

Hi, Fernando.

I have been digging into this forum and find it very useful and well developed, so I registered after been looking for info about an ASMEDIA 1061/1042 based USB3/SATA6G PCIe card I got somehow. Still haven’t broken it

About this thread, I have a X58/ICH10R motherboard. I understand that the correct driver you suggest is Intel RST drivers v11.2.0.1006 WHQL dated 05/30/2012. Your explanation is clear enough, and I understand that chipset 5 series only applies to P55, H55, H57, Q57 and B55 wich are different in nature than the old X58 that doesn’t includes PCH.

Am I right?

Greetings and thanks for this forum.

@ drapos:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, X58 boards do not belong to the Intel 5-Series chipsets (similar to the X79 boards, which do not belong to the Intel 7-Series Chipsets).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Just got a msi mpower z97 mpower max ac teamed up with a i7-4790k.Any reccomendations on ahci and ime drivers.

AHCI: Intel RST(e) v13.6.2.1001 WHQL
MEI: Intel MEI driver v10.0.30.1054 WHQL

Hello Fernando,
I have an Asrock Z68 extreme 3 gen 3 and 2500K and one Samsung 64Gb 830 ssd as OS drive and two 500Gb HDDs in raid 0 as storage.
Now I was able to boot in to windows7X64 with out doing a reinstall of the OS and have the Irst version 11.6.1033 and the new mobo bios has Intel raid ROM 10.8.0.1303, now everything seem to be running fine but as I upgraded from a gigabyte ep45t-ds3r and a Q9450 same SSD/HDD drives everything is faster, but I am not sure if I am getting the speed I should. I wanted to install different IRST driver but read here that I should match version with the raid ROM. Problem is that I also read here that I shouldn’t downgrade the raid driver as it may cause bsod and what not as far as I can tell my ROM is classical and the driver is RSTe. Well my question is is this OK ?should I leave it or should I downgrade driver or upgrade the ROM any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated like I said all seems fine running smooth for a week now. I was going to start overclocking CPU and GPU and want to make sure that system is as stable as can be before I start playing with the Overclocking once again thanks for any advice.

@ Joebighair:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

As long as your current Z68 RAID system is running fine, I wouldn’t change anything, but before you ever will do a fresh OS installation, I recommend
a) to update the Intel RAID ROM to v11.2.0.1527 and
b) to install the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.
This will be the best possible Intel RAID ROM/Driver combination for your Z68 RAID0 system (look >here<).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando! I see you’ve upgraded from your Z77 board :slight_smile: Unfortunately, I’m still running mine (Asus Sabertooth). Which driver would you recommend for the best performance with a LOT of external USB3.0 drive attached (18 drives total, 11 internal, 7 external)? Running 13.1.0.1058 right now.

Thanks!