Windows 7 ESU 2024-08 iso with Asus Drivers

Greetings good people,

Link to the iso: Removed by Fernando

Tested on Ryzen 7 5700x, B450 Asus prime plus Bios 3111.

If the Windows freezes at boot animation. Just Enable USB power in C5 state from the Bios

Credits:

Edit by Fernando: The download links to a cracked Windows ISO file have been removed, because such links are a clear violation of Microsoft’s Copyright and not allowed within this Forum.

Thank You for sharing!!

1 Like

Were you able to download the iso?

@lvpha
The download links to a home-brewed Windows ISO file have been removed by me, because the publication of such links is a clear violation of Microsoft’s Copyright and not allowed within this Forum.

@all visitors of this thread:
Users, who have problems to get an old Windows OS installed onto a modern PC/notebook system, have to find and use other options to circumvent the existing OS related restrictions.

@Fernando the iso was NOT cracked!!! You still have to activate it. It was an original iso + drivers. Please refrain from deleting people’s work.

@lvpha

According to what I have seen, it was a homebrewed and not an original (= untouched) Windows ISO file.
And what about the in-box MS drivers like the acpi.sys file?

Hey @Fernando ,

Thanks for your reply!

the acpi.sys was original. The only modification made to the iso was adding the missing drivers. (AMD/Intel/Network cards/Raid…) I added the drivers that are made specific to asus mobos.

@lvpha
All original Windows ISO files are Copyright protected.
The user may generate for private purposes a “homebrewed” customized ISO file (e.g. by using a tool like nLite or NTLite), but this ISO file must not been shared with other persons.

By the way:

1. The Company ASUS is a mainboard and not a chipset manufacturer. ASUS has never developed or released own drivers. So your chosen thread title is misleading.
  2. Regarding the needed or usable drivers there is no difference between ASUS mainbords and mainboards, which were built by other OEMs (Intel, MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock etc.).
  3. It doesn’t make sense to integrate drivers, which cannot be used by the target system. Even worse is the integration of a wrong/not matching storage driver (e.g. a RAID one). The user will automaticly get a 7b BSOD while trying to get such customized OS installed.
  4. The biggest problems to get Win7 installed onto a modern PC/notebook are Microsoft’s in-box ACPI and USB drivers, but it is hard or even impossible to circumvent these problems without hacking the related hex coded *.SYS files, which would be a severe violation of Microsoft’s Copyright.

Hey @Fernando ,

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry I forgot to clarify. Asus Bios is bugged, and needs modded drivers to work. I am sharing the iso that worked for me because I believe it should work for other asus users.

Anyways, why do you care so much about microsoft copyright? Have you received a DMCA? Other bigger forums only takedown posts after a DMCA.

Which specific BIOS for which ASUS mainboard is “buggy” and what lets you think, that all users of any ASUS mainboard are affected?

I seriously have doubts. Have you ever tested your ISO by using an other ASUS mainboard or with another in-use IDE or Storage Controller (SATA AHCI/SATA RAID/VMD/NVMe etc.)?

Some years ago the Win-RAID Forum had problems with the Company AMI regarding the publication of a link to their tools, which were not designed for the public.

@lvpha Hi, Microsoft is known to issue DMCA takedown notices for many reasons, with copyright being one of them.

We have to draw the line at hosting links to homebrew ISOs for the safety of our community also as we do not have the time/resources to check for virus/malware etc.

Please do not take this as a personal attack, the TOS for everyone using Level1techs & Win-RAID forums states:

By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:

• the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;

If you wish to post instructions on how to build this ISO in order to help others then that is fine.

1 Like