XMP Profile

I have a dell G7 17.3 (7700) and would like to select one of the XMP profiles for the memory. It would be great to have the entire menu structure unlocked, but the only thing I need is XMP. Is there a way to use the setup_var procedure in the grub shell to force one of the XMP profiles to be used? The BIOS is here … dl.dell.com/FOLDER06555996M/1/DellGSeries_7500_7700_1.3.0.exe

@smoounic - Please download V14.0.20+ ME System Tools package from here - Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools
Then inside MEINFO folder, run this command and show me image of END of the report >> MEINFOWin.exe -verbose (Also run without verbose)

Are you sure your memory has XMP, you checked with CPU-z or HWINFO64 etc?

If you simply want to change memory profile to XMP, you can do this with RU method. First disable Secure boot and remove any BIOS password, then boot legacy and follow this guide
Go to section 2.2 and make bootable USB with RU program, then read 2.3-2.5
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/…-issues.812372/

Only you will make change in “SaSetup” GUID 72C5E28C-7783-43A1-8767-FAD73FCCAFA4 and NOT in "Setup"
Go to offset >> 0x134
^^ Change 00 to 02 for XMP1, or 03 for XMP2

Thanks! I’ve attached the file “SET.txt” which contains the memory/SPD section from cpu-z. “short.txt” is the dump from MEInfo command. The “end.txt” is the last stanza clipped from the verbose version. Is it easier to open up the full menuset in the bios vs opening up XMP?

SET.txt (10.2 KB)

short.txt (6.38 KB)

end.txt (3.05 KB)