XP/W2k3 x64 Gaming Discussion

@sqpp

Have you tried F7 NO ACPI install method to see if can install beyond BSOD A5 screen? Slipstream the modded USB 3.0 drivers to see if they work or not. Laptops are harder to get working on SkyLake+ chipsets but might be possible. If someone donated one I might see if my tricks worked.

Hey guys, i have an question

I was trying too install Windows XP Profesional 64 bits. On a 5 year old HP Pavilion 11-k110nd. It has 4 GB’s of ddr3 Ram and a simple Intel HD Graphics.
An intel pentium N3700 CPU. With 1.6 to 2.4 ghz.
The hard disk is an HGST Z5K500-500.

So at first, i did try to install an Windows XP pro 64x bit iso.

Then how we get it on an usb. First tried my friend rufus. Not supported.

Then i did try Yumi.
It loaded in floppy disks and needed too do 2 steps.
But at the first step it loads and i did get an error not totaly sure anymore exactly what it was. Fixed few issues but at last i did get an BOSD in the installation.

Didn’t know what it was back then but think it’s hardware related.

So i tried the same iso and installed in Virtual box. Iso worked install did go well .

Then thought lets clone this iso and put it on the hard disk of the laptop.

So i used clonezilla cloned the disk to usb inside the virtualization.
Then usb to the hard disk.

So now i booted from the hard disk and get the same bosd again.

So my question was, does anybody know what the max requirements of windows xp 64 bit are? Or what component is not compitable with windows xp?

Exact error message:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005 , 0xFFFFFADF931B1A83 , 0xFFFFFADF93A0E4B0 , 0xFFFFFADF93A0DEC0)

*** ACPI.sys - Address FFFFFADF931B1A83 base at FFFFFADF9319E000 , DateStamp 42435eae

20200328_165827.jpg

@IceKowedd
basically that HP Pavilion model is too new for XP and XP’s ACPI driver isn’t compatible. You have to use an acpi.sys driver mod like this one from here Modded ACPI Drivers Depot 2000 XP 2003 2009

Has anyone had any luck getting SLI working past the GTX 580? My understanding is that is the last officially supported card for SLI. I have been attempting to modify the nvidia drivers to get it to work with two Titan X Maxwells in SLI. The Maxwells work individually with modification, but I haven’t been able to get them to do SLI. Also has anyone gotten a later graphics card to work under XP?

Hi. can I get acpi.sys and sata drivers for my pc: (hp prodesk 600 g1 twr) here is my drivers