Z370N wifi kabylake processor!

@Lost_N_BIOS I could now get the Kabylake CPU to work with the Latest F12 BIOS. I flashed my F4 BIOS again and booted with the Coffee Lake Processor and Updated it to F12. Then I dumped the BIOS with the SPI Flahser, changed the ME Version to 11.6.27.3264 and changed the SKU to Intel KBP H Series Chipset, Ubtek B250 Desktop. Then I added the Micro Code for Kabylake with the MMTool and updated the ROM Versions with the UBU Tool. After this I have flased the BIOS again with the Programmer and it has booted sucessfully now.

Edit: I tried to make the RTC Lock visible in the BIOS with AMIBCP but it crashed while saving. I tried it with Version 5.01 and 5.02. I tried it to find something with the UEFI Tool but I don’t know where to start there.

Edit2: I have now found the in the UEFI Tool the Path for the Variables of the Menu and extracted it with the IFR Universal Extractor. I tried via the UEFI Shell to modify the Addresses with setup_var 0x9BD 0x01 but it didn’t work to make it visible.

Thanks.

@Lost_N_BIOS I used the technique from the link above and I’m booting hack again.
@hitman20 Do our boards support vpro? We have the intel ethernet cards. But does the Motherboard support Intel AMT? Looks like no according to intel only the Q370/Q270/Q170 My “optiplex 5040” supports it.

That would be a cool mod.

snakeman

@snakeman In the BIOS File are Settings for a AMT Configuration but I think the Board and the CPU doesn’t support it. For example the Dell Poweredge T20 has Intel AMT and it only works there with Xeon CPU’s and not with non Xeon CPU. I think it doesn’t work there since it it also an non Server Mainboard.

@hitman20 - changing the variables via shell may not work, you need to use grub and setup_var instead (or wait until I am done here). Making the setting visible is unrelated to any of this, that’s a totally different thing. That I can do for you guys too.
Also RTC Lock (0x9BD) is not the setting mentioned above, what you wanted is called System Time and Alarm Source, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x507

@snakeman - I am not sure what you are asking, “No settings thus far”??? I am waiting on you to reply to my question, then I was going to make test BIOS, to figure out which area on you guys BIOS I need to change to make these changes by default.
Yes, it’s possible to do as you linked, any time, for all the settings. My goal for you was to make it a default thing in BIOS. And or, after that, I can make settings visible to you guys if you wanted.

VPRO is controlled by CPU, and BIOS/ME FW settings, this can be enabled or disabled too. For use of this, you’d really want a fully unlocked BIOS first though, so you could see/access all the in BIOS ME/AMT setting options.

* Edit @snakeman - Please test each of these BIOS, let me know which one disables the onboard RGB Fusion LED’s by default (what it shows at the BIOS setting default doesn’t matter to me for this).
Base BIOS used here is the F12 I modified above, all warnings mentioned there apply here, flash with Qflash but since your ME is already old version you can do with current CPU installed now.
Once I have your report back from this test, I can then make those changes you wanted by default. If you guys want unlocked BIOS, I need images of all your BIOS pages, everything you can see on all pages/submenus etc (F12 to USB, then 7zip please)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…858854371762974

@Lost_N_BIOS I haven’t tested because my clip does not work on my programmer. I had to order a new one today.
Wait this board is supposed to be dual bios, off to do some testing!

snakeman

@snakeman - Programmer not needed for those tests, and should not be used. Flash with Qflash only as mentioned, in bold, with all BIOS I make for you

Did you test clip with DMM, maybe just loose cable on one pin or two? Check continuity between each pin and tip of clip

@Lost_N_BIOS afraid to brick it thats all running backups now before I try to flash again. The clip will not clamp to the bios chip on any of my motherboards anymore!
@Lost_N_BIOS my new programmer is here, ready to play again

snakeman

@snakeman - I hear that, but these are not risky edits I did, so should be fine aside from any normal risk of a BIOS flash that you have anytime you update/flash the BIOS.