ASRock X79 E9 Support RST 12.7/Intel MEI 8.X

Hello,
After ASRock has released a bios for Ivy Bridge-E/EP, i’m trying to replace the RST and Intel ME files from the bios 3.61a into the older one 3.43a for the Sandy Bridge-E/EP Processors.

RST:
L3.34a has “Unknow” Hexeditor shows nothing.
L3.61a has Intel(R) RAID for SATA - v11.6.0.1702

How to update PCI ROM modules <-updated with this guide

Intel MEI:
L3.43a has 7.1.40.1161
L3.61a has 8.1.40.1416

Can I also update the ME firmware with MMTool?
And my last question is, is it possible to get access to the Clock generator menu in the bios?

Thank you for your help,
Cyras

@ Cyras:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

No, you will not find the module by using the AMI Aptio UEFI MMTool.
I strongly recommend to update the Intel ME Firmware by running the related Firmware installer. You can download the ME Firmware installer package with the Intel ME Firmware v8.1.40.1416 from >here<. Just run the METool.exe as Admin.

Probably yes, but I don’t know, in which System BIOS modules it is.

Regards
Fernando

That`s bad because the firmware is locked (not updatable).

If I upgrade from 3.43 to 3.61. He only installed the bios and then reboot (all automatically) after that he installed the ME firmware. So I thought there would be a update file.

Is there a possibility to find the right file?

The ME Firmware is within the BIOS, but you cannot verify the module by using the MMTool.
What you can do is to open the BIOS with an Hex Editor like HxD and to search for any text fragment you will see within the Data.BIN file, which is part of the ME package I have linked. The Data.BIN file is the Firmware.

Zitat von Cyras im Beitrag #4

Is there a possibility to find the right file?

You can extract all BIOS modules and open them one after the other with an Hex Editor, but I do not recommend to do that.
A modification of a System BIOS file is much more risky than the update of any PCI ROM module.