nvme 960 evo pro

hello,
is it possible installing windows 7 on nvme 960 of xiaomi air 13,3 2017 edition ?
j try to install with the drivers samsung nvme 960 in a folder of usb of installation, but after installation have blu screen: hardware not supported !

@berem :
You should better post specific questions regarding the Xiaomi Air 13,3 notebook within the MIUI Forum. This way other users of this specific notebook may benefit from the answers.
Questions:
1. Into which M.2 port of your notebook did you insert the Samsung 960 SSD? Did you replace the already present Samsung NVMe SSD (why?) or did you insert it into the free M.2 port (which would not work, because it is a SATA port)?
2. What is the reason to install Win7 instead of Win10?
3. Have you tried to disable the “Secure Boot” option within the BIOS?

k,
I speak of the original installed m.2 not of the 2 port that is m.2 sata
I tried with bios legacy by putting nvme drivers 960 in a folder, recognizing nvme, installing win 7, but after installing comes out blue screen, unsupported hardware.
windows 10 i do not like, i have installed win 8.1, but i want to understand why i can not windows 7
the video on internet for installation win 7 on nvme, it refers to samsung 850 pro and the drivers aren’t the same.
to the xiaomi forum aren’t interested to win7 on air 13,3
anyway j posted there.

The reason obviously is “unsupported hardware”, but you may have to find out which device(s) are meant by the message.

The Samsung 850 Pro is a SATA SSD and not an NVMe one. What you probably mean is the Samsung 950 Pro SSD.
To find out a suitable NVMe driver, I need the HardwareIDs of the NVMe Controller, which within the Samsung 960 SSD you have inserted.

The reason obviously is "unsupported hardware", but you may have to find out which device(s) are meant by the message.

j think the cpu.

The Samsung 850 Pro is a SATA SSD and not an NVMe one. What you probably mean is the Samsung 950 Pro SSD.
To find out a suitable NVMe driver, I need the HardwareIDs of the NVMe Controller, which within the Samsung 960 SSD you have inserted.

the drivers nvme pci 960 downloded from here, and during the installation ssd is recognized.

j think the cpu.

the drivers nvme pci 960 downloded from here, and during the installation ssd is recognized.

anyway we speach of the same notebook that you have

What means “here”? Which driver did you use?
Which HardwareIDs has the NVMe Controller of your Samsung 960 EVO Pro? You can find them by expanding the “Storage Controllers” section of the Device Manager, right-clicking onto the listed NVMe Controller and choosing the options “Properties” > “Details” >“Property” > “HardwareIDs”.
By the way: The NVMe Controller DeviceID of the Samsung SSD, which is natively on-board of our notebook, is DEV_A804.

means from your forum, drivers samsung for nvme pci 960

in fact, just put into a folder of usb installation was recognized the ssd

hardwareID put you in the afternoon, I’m not with that notebook now.

Our latest original 64bit Samsung NVMe driverpack for Win7 is named “64bit Samsung NVMe drivers v2.3.0.1709 WHQL for Win7 x64”. Supported are the DeviceIDs DEV_A802 and DEV_A804.

Our latest original 64bit Samsung NVMe driverpack for Win7 is named "64bit Samsung NVMe drivers v2.3.0.1709 WHQL for Win7 x64". Supported are the DeviceIDs DEV_A802 and DEV_A804.

It seems to me that those drivers did not recognize him, I will also show you those I downloaded

my ssd is MZVLW256HEHP-00000 and the drivers that recognized are this

drivers samsung nvme serie 960-961.zip (168 KB)

What means "here"? Which driver did you use?
Which HardwareIDs has the NVMe Controller of your Samsung 960 EVO Pro? You can find them by expanding the "Storage Controllers" section of the Device Manager, right-clicking onto the listed NVMe Controller and choosing the options "Properties" > "Details" >"Property" > "HardwareIDs".
By the way: The NVMe Controller DeviceID of the Samsung SSD, which is natively on-board of our notebook, is DEV_A804.

here is in hardwareID:

SCSI\DiskNVMe____SAMSUNG_MZVLW256401Q
SCSI\DiskNVMe____SAMSUNG_MZVLW256
SCSI\DiskNVMe____
SCSI\NVMe____SAMSUNG_MZVLW2564
NVMe____SAMSUNG_MZVLW2564
GenDisk

Hi Dieter & berem,

1) This is NOT a 960 PRO, this is a PM961 have a look here and is an OEM-SSD.
2) It COULD be, that it has a proprietary Firmware for that laptop, so you can’t get support from Samsung, only from laptop-manufacturer. I have experienced almost the same with an HP-laptop with a Sandisk-SSD.
3) Are Windows 7-driver available for that laptop?

hi,
yes j have attched drivers for ssd some post up, for the laptop exist drivers for nvidia e realtek sound, after with windows update j think.

@berem :
What you have posted are the HardwareIDs of your NVMe SSD, but not the HardwareIDs of its NVMe Controller.
As I have written previously, you have to expand the “Storage Controllers” (and not the “Disk drives”) section of the Device Manager and right-click onto the listed NVMe Controller.
The HardwareIDs should look similar to this screenshot (taken on my Z170 Desktop system running the Samsung 960 EVO SSD):

HardwareIDs of the Samsung 960 EVO NVMe Controller.png

you are right !
here is:
[[File:Proprietà - Controller Standard NVM Express 2017-11-28 01.03.49.jpg|none|auto]]

@berem :
Thanks for the HardwareIDs.
The related Samsung NVMe Controller is supported by the latest Samsung NVMe drivers.

the latest drivers samsung to refer drivers posted to me?

Yes.
Since the NVMe Controller of your SSD is fully supported by the Samsung NVMe driver, I suspect, that your problem to get Win7 properly installed is caused by an inappropriate BIOS setting and not NVMe driver related.