HP EliteOne 800 G2 CPU Gen6 to Gen7

Hello Lord

I am Salim from Algeria.
I need your help.
I have an HP EliteOne 800 G2 NT AIO and I want to update his CPU from Gen6 to Gen7 but because of CPU microcode limitation in Bios I cannot do that. Chipset is Intel Q170 and it can use both Gen 6 and 7.
Can you help me to solve that or tell me how to do.
Thank you

What exact model CPU do you use now, and what is the new CPU model?

Do you have USB flash programmer (CH341A)? If not, please order one now in case something goes wrong, they are cheap $3
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263458010112 - Choose “Blue” model

If your BIOS is soldered to the board, most likely it is, grab one of these too
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263708580560

@simoutekd

Ask and reply IN THIS THREAD for the specified issue. Do not open a new thread or post in a different/off-topic thread again for that specific topic.

Hello

Now I am using an Intel i5-6500 Sky-Lake CPU. HP has limited this AIO BIOS to use only Gen6 intel cpu. Chipset is Q170.

I want to use Kaby-lake intel i3-7100 or i5-7400 CPU.

Thank you

Hello

Let me show you BIN files of CPU Microcode used by my system when I used MC Extractor tool.
1A- cpu506E2_plat14_ver0000002C_2015-07-01_PRD_A4969F02.bin
2A- cpu506E3_plat36_ver000000C6_2018-04-17_PRD_92427988.bin

And I want to add those CPU BIN Files below only;

1B- cpu906E9_plat2A_ver0000008E_2018-03-24_PRD_5BB5F3CD.bin
2B- cpu506E8_plat22_ver00000034_2016-07-10_PRD_57D53E7A.bin

I want to know if the ebay store is your store or no. Here from Algeria we cannot use TT so I will ask a friend to buy this tool for me.
Thank you too much for your time.

Salim

I will check tonight for you, please be patient in case I have to do a lot of modifications. And please order the above mentioned tools (flash programmer and jumper cable), in case you need to recover from a bad BIOS flash.
It’s best to get these tools ordered now and on the way in shipping then wait until bad flash happens and then have to order. They may be required anyway, if you have to change ME version.

Can you please also go to this page, and download the Intel system tools package that seems most similar to the version of Intel ME you have and run in windows “MeInfoWin” and post an image of the output.
You may need to try a few different tool packages before finding the correct version for your ME. I’d say it’s either 10, 11, or 12, maybe start with 12 and work backwards until you find one that will work for you.

Hello
Here are details about my ME.

Host Computer Information
Name: DESKTOP-KOAS0I0
Manufacturer: HP
Model: HP EliteOne 800 G2
Processor Name: Intel(R) Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnel

ME Information
Version: 11.0.18.1002
SKU: Consumer
Provisioning Mode: Not Provisioned
Control Mode: None
Is CCM Disabled: False
Driver installation found: True
EHBC Enabled: False
LMS service state: Running
microLMS service state: NotPresent
Is SPS: False

Thanks for all the info! But please show a complete image of MeInfoWin output, thanks! You need to use the MeInfoWin from system tools version 11 or 12, if you are already using latest BIOS from 6/12/2018 (N11 - ver 2.30) try both if one gives you error

No, that is not my ebay, just the cheapest I found on the day I saved those links, there may be other cheaper or closer sellers to you too, so use those titles to look around for other options (Don’t get a black/gold CH341A, they have issue sometimes, best to get green/blue instead).

What is “TT” you said you can’t use in Algeria? Give me some time to look at your BIOS, but before I make any changes I need to see the MEInfoWin output.

I also still need to know the CPU’s you intend to use, not just the microcodes you want inserted

Many more modifications are needed, than just microcodes added, for this to work. I need a dump from your BIOS with Intel FPT to attempt to do the mod for you.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/z9t20l

Here is backup commands for Intel FPT,

Right click main apps folder name while holding shift (ie right click “WIN” folder)
select “open command window here” then run command below

fptW -d backupbios.bin

If the above gives you error about CPU or region access, do the command below instead. If this happens, then you MUST purchase the tools I mentioned, or we cannot do the mod at all.
This is because your BIOS is set locked for description and or Intel ME region, and the ME region has to be changed for the BIOS mod you want.

fptw -bios -d biosbck.bin

Please can you give me a link from where I can get MeInfoWin 11 or 12.

Regarding CPU I want to use, I want to use Skylake and Kabylake available for desktop models.

Thank you
Salim

----

I used this Command and it work for me.
fptw -bios -d biosbck.bin

Please tell me how I can add this BIN file here.

Thank you

Sorry for not providing link before, I assumed you already found those tools here. Intel System Tool packages are located here, you should download 12, if MeInfoWin from that does not work, then download version 11 package
See section C2 here for download links, towards end of first post - Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Put that BIOS backup in a zip file and attach here, or upload to any free file host you prefer and post link here. If you are not sure about file hosts, I use sendspace.com often, or nofile.io

So, you got errors with fptW -d backupbios.bin command? If yes, then you need to have flash programmer I linked you to in order to do the mod you want to apply to BIOS, because you have to update ME

Hi Lost_N_BIOS ,

I called a friend and He told me that He can give me his tool to do that.
So I think that this problem is solved for us.

Yes this Command fptW -d backupbios.bin doesn’t work for me.

Thank you#
Salim

----

Here are the 2 files you asked for.

Thank you
Salim

----

Here are missed details from error file;

Intel(R) MEInfo Version: 11.8.55.3510
Copyright(C) 2005 - 2017, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel(R) ME code versions:

BIOS Version N11 Ver. 02.30
MEBx Version 11.0.0.0005
GbE Version 0.8
Vendor ID 8086
PCH Version 31
FW Version 11.0.18.1002 H
Security Version (SVN) 1
LMS Version 1828.12.0.1150
MEI Driver Version 12.0.0.2021
Wireless Hardware Version Not Available
Wireless Driver Version Not Available

biosbck.rar (3.84 MB)

error.rar (982 Bytes)

Great your friend can give you his tool to borrow, save time waiting on shipping! Make sure he says he has the SOIC text clip jumper cable too, you will need almost certainly, unless you already located BIOS and it is SOP DIP8 socketed type like Asus/Asrock. If it is socketed DIP8 like Asus/Asrock, then you only need the programmer.

Thanks for complete MEInfoWin report! This confirms why you had error with first FPTw command, your currently locked out of writing to the ME section of the BIOS. It’s locked from read or write, that is why complete backup failed.

How long until you have the tools from your friend? This mod BIOS will take me some time, I have to put in microcodes, but that’s easy, modify and update vBIOS w/ setting transfer, look around again and find which version ME best for this and then clean transfer settings and insert that ME version.
And for the ME stuff, I’d prefer to wait until you have your friends tool, that way I can have copy of your current ME via complete BIOS backup, so I can transfer current ME settings to new version before inserting.

I will get to work on the rest for now though, let me know once you have tool so I can help you get full BIOS backup completed to send my way.

I will try to get this tool today and update you.

I have a second AIO same model also. I will check if it is locked or no.
Sorry for making you tired.

Thank you
Salim

----

Hi

I will do my best to get the Programmer with all tools today.

Also I have another similar HP AIO with same configuration but showing message when I start it.
Here are 4 pictures for message and CHIP on board, I think it can help you.

----

Hello Friend,

As I told you, I finally made a complete Backup for Full ROM from my second AIO.

Here is a link for your use.

https://mega.nz/#!FOgz0bxY!L2BsGGd8Oe4Mu…hKobLRniSE6PDX4

HP 800G2.zip (5.29 MB)

Here another file extracted by using HWiNFO64 tool.

HP AIO800G2.rar (14.8 KB)

@simoutekd

You need to edit your posts if they are written in a short time-frame before the other end has replied.

Hey, you didn’t make me tired I am confused with all the above downloaded, link and attached files AIO second system etc.

Please post only a link for backup to the actual system you will be updating, that is all I need and the only thing we should use. HWInfo64 tool is not used for any of this
I need a backup only from the machine you want to modify, using the flash programmer. And make sure you do not open any BIOS image with the programmer, only connect it to the board, read and then verify, then save to file and send me that file.
If it does not verify (Chip/Main memory + buffer match) then you need to try another version of CH341A software, here is several versions. Backup must be made by reading from chip with programmer then verify must match, otherwise it is failed backup and invalid
https://www.sendspace.com/file/0oof4w

Hello Friend,
""
Like I told you in my last post, I have 2 same AIO desktops. The first one I cannot use FTP tool with “fptW -d backupbios.bin” and you said that we need programmer to make full backup.

So I tried to check with the second AIO that I have and I used FTP tool with “fptW -d backupbios.bin” and it works perfectly for me.

So now the last BIN file in my last port is the one you need without using programmer.

File is 16M size so i used drive to send it to you. Hope it can be helpfull.

Thank you
Salim

----

This is the link I am talking about it.

I used exactly the same command you asked me to use to extract file and it worked for me. This command “fptW -d backupbios.bin”. So I think we dont need to use programmer for this case.

Check this link you will find file with 16M size.

https://mega.nz/#!FOgz0bxY!L2BsGGd8Oe4Mu…hKobLRniSE6PDX4

As I told you, I just need to update Microcode for CPU to use Kaby-Lake intel CPU’s and in the same time we keep Sky-Lake CPU’S.
Also I think we need to update VBIOS file because Intel VGA cards are not the same for SKL and KBL. One is 530 and another is 630.

By the way how I should call you.

Thank you
Salim

----

Here is the key to load this file.

I think this time that this file will help you a lot.

!L2BsGGd8Oe4Mu0RsDRCUrD7C6x_chKobLRniSE6PDX4

OK, I understand, thanks! But second machine does not apply, I do not need anything from this machine.
I need complete and verified backup from the main system 1 with flash programmer, dump from system 2 with FPT does not work for this, you will loose all system one details (motherboard serial #, UUID, LAN MAC ID etc much of this tied to windows activation too, that is why so important)

Yes, it is a lot more than microcodes, vBIOS must be updated and settings from that transferred over, and same with Intel ME settings and version. And, motherboard serial #, UUID, LAN MAC ID need to be put back too.

Please get dump from system 1 using flash programmer, and make sure it verifies in programmer from chip to programmer (not file, read verify) It needs to be read from chip, verify, then save

I can do for system #2 later too if you want, or now, but you cannot use the files interchangeably or you will not have Ethernet (LAN) and you will loose windows activation
This only applies for valid activations, if using other non-valid methods then this does not matter only LAN MAC ID would matter in that case

I can use the dump from system #2, but only for system #2. For system #1 you need to either get FPT backup same as you did for #2, or get verified dump w/ programmer.

Ok Friend.
So let us doing that for second system because windows I am using is just copy without any serial number. Activation key I will buy a new one later once it is done and activate windows again.
Both system1 and system2 are free DOS systems.
Thank you very much for your help my friend.

Salim

You can’t buy new windows key for #1 and it will be OK. You can only use cheat (Fake) methods, or give me full backup from that system.
New key will not work because it wont validate with the OEM stuff in the BIOS missing/incorrect.

Give me some time, I will make BIOS mod for you. Please tell your friend to let you keep programmer until you are done, in case of bad BIOS flash and you need to recover from bricked board.

Ok my Friend,

I am not so good in that to understand what do you mean but i will do as you want and keep learning from you. My friend tool is not working so i need to buy a new one for our case.
Once it is done, i will send you full dump for system1.

Thank you Dear
Salim