[OUTDATED] PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)

@ all users, who want to update their mainboard BIOS regarding any PCI ROM module:

Introduction
Although this Sub-Forum has been primarily designed for users, who want to update the “Firmware” of their on-board AHCI or RAID Controllers by updating the related AHCI/RAID PCI ROM module, I am offering here download links to the most popular PCI ROM modules, which do support other on-board devices like Ethernet or Graphics Controllers.

Download links to other PCI ROM modules
(not AHCI/RAID related)

last updated: 01/15/2018

Important remark:
The big majority of the below offered Option ROM modules are designed for a specific Controller model with a certain DeviceID and can only be used unmodified with on-board Controllers, which have exactly the named DeviceID.
Consequence: If your related on-board Ethernet Controller has another DeviceID (can be checked from within the Device Manager), the related Option ROM module has to be customized by
a) replacing the DeviceID code and
b) correcting the Checksum8
before it can be successfully inserted into the BIOS file.
Good news:
Since SoniX has developed and released a special tool named “SetDevID”, this procedure can be done automaticly by using this specific command (no need to do it manually with an Hex Editor):

setdevid <devid> <infile> <outfile>

The latest version of the SetDevID tool has been attached by SoniX to >this< post.

Here are the download links to some actual PCI ROM modules, which have nothing to do with AHCI and RAID:

Atheros PCI ROM modules:
  • Atheros AR815x LAN ROM

• >Atheros LAN ROM v2.0.6.6< (>MIRROR<)
      Note: This LAN ROM module is dated 05/16/2012 and the latest for the Atheros AR8152 LAN Controller DEV_2060. It will be usable with other Atheros AR815x LAN Controllers after having changed the related hex code entry from "69 19 60 20" to "69 19 xx xx", where xx xx means the 2 vice versa digit pairs of the special on-board DeviceID.

• Atheros AR816x/AR817x LAN ROM

• >Atheros LAN ROM v2.1.1.5< (>MIRROR<)
        Note: This module is dated 03/15/2013 and designed for the Atheros AR8161 LAN Controller DEV_1091. It will be usable with other Atheros AR816x and AR817x LAN Controllers after having changed the related hex code entry from "69 19 91 10" to "69 19 xx xx", where xx xx means the 2 vice versa digit pairs of the special on-board DeviceID.

• Broadcom PCI ROM modules:
        • Broadcom BCM57xx NetXtreme PXE LAN ROM for Desktops/Mobiles

• >Broadcom NetXtreme BCM57xx PXE LAN ROM v16.0.1< (>MIRROR<)
            Note: This LAN ROM module is the latest for the Broadcom Desktop/Mobile NetXtreme LAN Controllers DEV_16xx. It will be usable with a lot of different BCM57xx Ethernet Controllers. For details please look >here<. Credits go to Pacman for the source file and to SoniX for his customizing instructions, which you can find >here<.

• Intel PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related):
            • Intel LAN ROM

1. Intel LAN ROM Boot Agent GE:
                • >Intel LAN Boot Agent GE ROM v1.5.85< (>MIRROR<)
                  Notes: This is the latest currently available Intel LAN Boot Agent GE ROM module. Due to its universal HardwareID code "86 80 FF FF" it is usable with nearly all modern Intel LAN Boot Agent GE Controllers after having customized the DeviceID by using SoniX's tool named "SetDevID". Thanks to SoniX for the file.

2. >Intel LAN Boot Agent GE ROM v1.5.50 for DEV_1502< (>MIRROR<)
                >Intel LAN Boot Agent GE ROM v1.5.50 for DEV_1503< (>MIRROR<)
                Note: These are the latest Boot Agent GE ROM modules, which have been designed for the old Intel LAN Controllers DEV_1502 and DEV_1503, but may work with other old Intel LAN Controllers as well (after having customized the DeviceID and the checksum-8 by using an Hex Editor).
            • Intel LAN ROM Boot Agent CL:
              • >Intel LAN Boot Agent CL ROM v0.1.13< (>MIRROR<)
                Notes: This is the latest currently available Intel LAN Boot Agent CL ROM module. Due to its universal HardwareID code "86 80 FF FF" it is usable with nearly all modern Intel LAN Boot Agent CL Controllers after having customized the DeviceID by using SoniX's tool named "SetDevID". Thanks to SoniX for the file.
            • Intel VGA ROM (vBios)

• Since the manufacturers of mainboards with an Intel Chipset from 6-Series up put slightly different Intel VGA ROM modules into the mainboard BIOS (look >here<), I do not offer here any VGA ROM modules for Intel iGPUs.
              • Nevertheless you can build a suitable Intel VGA ROM module yourself. The related guide is >here<.
              • If you are searching for a special Intel VGA ROM version, you should download the package, which has been linked by SoniX at the end of the start post of >this< thread.

• Marvell PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related):
                • Marvell 88E8056 Yukon LAN ROM

• >Marvell 88E8056 Yukon PXE LAN ROM v6.68.1.3< (>MIRROR<)
                    Note: This module is dated 10/28/2010 and designed for the Marvell Yukon LAN Controller DEV_4380. It may be usable with other Marvell 88E8056 Ethernet Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries from "AB 11 80 43" to "AB 11 xx 43", where xx means the 2 last digits of the special DeviceID. Credits go to thxtex for the file.

• Realtek PCI ROM modules:
                    • Realtek LAN ROM

• >Realtek LAN PXE ROM v2.66< (>MIRROR<)
                        Note: This module is dated 05/26/17 and designed for the Realtek LAN Controller DEV_8168. It will be usable with other Realtek 81xx Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries from "EC 10 68 81" to "EC 10 xx 81", where xx means the 2 last digits of the special DeviceID. Thanks to Phoenix48 for the info and the link to the source files.

• Remark:
                        This list will be continued by request. Please send me a PM, if you should find somewhere an interesting new PCI ROM module for popular on-board non-AHCI/RAID Controllers.

Good luck with the integration of these PCI ROM modules!
                        Fernando

Hello
                        Very interested module PXE ROM Bigfoot Networks latest version vid 1969 did e091, as well as the latest version of EFI PXE UNDI Atheros.
                        Also very interested in the latest versions of EFI GOP driver for Intel Sandy / Ivy and Haswell. At the moment I have the IntelSabGopDriver v2.0.1024 and IntelIvbGopDriver v3.0.1023.
                        Thank you

Since I am making holidays far away from my usual equipment, you may have to wait 3 weeks for additional download links within this Forum.

Hello Fernando!

Will this work on my P8Z68-V PRO? the previous one 2158 is working right now. >Intel VGA ROM v2170< (dated 03/07/2013, newest ROM for Intel VGA Controllers DEV_0402, extracted by Stasio from a Z87 mainboard BIOS)

I doubt, that it will work with your Z68 mainboard, because this VGA ROM obviously is designed for the 4th generation of Intel’s Haswell CPU systems graphics adapters.
                        Please check the DeviceID!

Thx for the answer:

So Intel VGA ROM v2158< (dated 11/23/2012, for Intel VGA Controllers DEV_0162) is the latest one for me (that i hex edit id and working) and is this the end of line? regarding the ones 217x i can`t use for sure? my dev id from original module 8086.102 - APCIR v2124 - IBM S-VGA BIOS Intel SB-IB PCI Acc GFX Chipset Ctrl HW v0.0 Build 2124 PC 14.34 - 10.12.2011

You may try it, but I am nearly sure, that it will not work.

That means, that the DeviceID is 0102.

Ill not try :smiley: im fine with 2158 that i know for sure is for SB/IB and not Haswell :smiley: can you pls check this one i attached if is right edited for my dev id ?

LE: i opened with HxD and seems fine:

Untitled.jpg

but i also see next 2 lines 0162 :smiley: so is ok?

8086.102 Intel SVGA Rom 2158 PC 14 34 - 23 November 2012.zip (37.2 KB)

That is well done.

Yes, that is OK. One line before you can see your DeviceID as well. Within the Offset 50 and 60 all DeviceIDs are listed, which are compatible with the ROM module, they all begin with the digits "01".
                        This verifies, that these VGA ROM modules are not compatible with all graphics adapters DeviceIDs.

Aaa got it now! thx!

Hi catalin, i heve intel HD2000 like you, but when I try to modify the bios with MMTOOL aptio (i used your vbios), in Vendor ID, Device ID i see only 10ec,8168 and 8086, 162 not 8086,102. why? thanks

Hello,

I have HD3000 not 2000, well there is a trick with the numbers order and also 102 is actually 0102. When you edit they are reverse so u should look for, 02 01 pair not 01 02 and has to be in the 4 line in the midlle something like that if i remember well :wink:

But about you, can i use your file without modify anything? My trouble is that in the MMTOOL i don’t read 8086 0102 but 8086 0162…

i dont know if u can use, but i dont think hd2000 has same rom like hd3000 :smiley: also u dont read beacause u have to change it! look at your original id and than change it in the new one, but FIRST verify if my vga rom will work on your hd2000

@ d4v1d3:
                        Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The MMTool shows 8086,162 instead of 8086,102, because your mainboard has an Intel IgP VGA Adapter with the DeviceID 0162.
                        Contrary to catalin you can insert the original Intel VGA ROM module v2158 I am offering within the start post of this thread.

Good luck!
                        Fernando

Just tested something - i have an Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter (EXPI9301CT with 82574L Chip) with VEN_8086&DEV_10D3 and thought why not updating. It’s not in above list and searching in Hex codes i couldn’t find a reference to Hardware IDs. Anyway there are also the files included in the Ethernet Connections CD (and let you choose between PXE, iSCSI, EFI and combinations of it - for my adpater - find all ROM Version in attached file). You can use either the Windows Update (easily done in driver config or through BootUtil). So i updated from 1.3.21 to 1.5.13 without any problems. After another Backup of currently Flash and comparing the hex data with above version: it seems to be the same, only difference (Well my NIC Backup is 504KB not 66KB, cause it seems to have a big memory - rest is FF-ed out) :

So i believe this ROM is still for most GBe Adpater. I am not aware which adapters are really inlcuded, only info i could find about drivers was:

iv.txt (689 Bytes)

All done!! Thank you very much Fernando!!

Anyone knows where to get an updated Marvell LAN ROM?.
                        This is the adapter info:
                        VEN_ID 11AB
                        DEV_ID 4364
                        (Marvell Yukon 88E8056)

Thanks!

@packman just a note, the bin you provided for LAN PXE has a dev ID of 1008, (Chip Number: 82544EI/GC) instead of 1502 (Chip Number: 82579LM) my P67 UEFI has for example.

Here i attach the PXE LOM version, extracted from 18.4 driver pack (for a 1502 DevID : Bootutil -di=pxe -devid=1502 -lom)

IntelPXE150203.zip (39 KB)

Yes, i forgot to edit the Dev ID, seems to work as it should though (Intel i217V) don’t normally use PXE, just update it along with everything else.
                        Thanks for posting the file
                        will try it my next BIOS mod.