[Updated] Latest ROM Modules (Not AHCI/RAID related)

ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)

Introduction: This is the place to find any ROM module that is not AHCI/RAID related.

Last update in the list: 2021-04-01

Important: The big majority of the Option ROM modules offered below are designed for a specific Controller model with a certain DeviceID and can only be used unmodified with on-board Controllers, which have exactly the named DeviceID.

Consequence: If your related on-board Ethernet Controller has another DeviceID (can be checked from within the Device Manager), the related Option ROM module has to be customized by:

a) replacing the DeviceID code and
b) correcting the Checksum8

before it can be successfully inserted into the BIOS file.

Good news: Since SoniX has developed and released a special tool named “SetDevID”, this procedure can be done automaticly by using this specific command (no need to do it manually with an Hex Editor):

setdevid <devid> <infile> <outfile>

The "SetDevID" tool can be found within UBU in >this< post.

Here are the download links to some actual PCI ROM modules, which have nothing to do with AHCI and RAID:

Asus ROM:

- >ASUSTeK EZ Flash 2 BIOS ROM Utility v4.24<
Notes: Warning: Update only a v4.xx with this module. This is the latest currently available Asus EZ Flash 2 module for an older Legacy Bios. Said simply, EZ Flash 2 is the flasher in a Asus Legacy Bios. No SetDevID required.

Atheros PCI ROM modules:

Atheros AR815x LAN ROM

- >Atheros LAN ROM v2.0.6.6<
Note: This LAN ROM module is dated 05/16/2012 and the latest for the Atheros AR8152 LAN Controller DEV_2060. It will be usable with other Atheros AR815x LAN Controllers after having changed the related hex code entry from "69 19 60 20" to "69 19 xx xx", where xx xx means the 2 vice versa digit pairs of the special on-board DeviceID.

Atheros AR816x/AR817x LAN ROM

- >Atheros LAN ROM v2.1.1.5<
Note: This module is dated 03/15/2013 and designed for the Atheros AR8161 LAN Controller DEV_1091. It will be usable with other Atheros AR816x and AR817x LAN Controllers after having changed the related hex code entry from "69 19 91 10" to "69 19 xx xx", where xx xx means the 2 vice versa digit pairs of the special on-board DeviceID.

Broadcom PCI ROM modules:

Broadcom BCM57xx NetXtreme PXE LAN ROM for Desktops/Mobiles

- >Broadcom NetXtreme Ethernet Boot Agent v20.14.2<
Notes: This LAN ROM module is the latest for the Broadcom Desktop/Mobile NetXtreme LAN Controllers DEV_16xx. It will be usable with a lot of different BCM57xx Ethernet Controllers. For details please look >here<. Credits go to SoniX for the source file and to SoniX for his customizing instructions, which you can find >here<.

Broadcom complete set PCI PCIe PXE RPL UNDI

- >Broadcom complete set 68ln05ww PCI PCIe PXE RPL UNDI v10.0.9<
Notes: This is a complete set with everything included to make your own ROM with pretty much any combinaison of PCI, PCIe, PXE, UNDI, RPL, BOOTP and iSCSI. Unfortunately, this kit only provide v10.0.9 and i am pretty sure it should exist somewhere in a newer version. If you find one more recent, please let me know. You must unzip the file 68ln05ww.exe after the download to access the complete set. The instructions are in it. This kit support a lot of BCM57xx and some BCM59xx. To know if your device is supported, look into the file "ReadMe.txt" in the PXE folder.

Gigabyte ROM:

- >Gigabyte flasher ROM Q-Flash v2.24<
Notes: Warning: Update only a v.2.xx with this module. This is the latest currently available Gigabyte Q-Flash module for an older Legacy Bios. Said simply, Q-Flash is the flasher in a Gigabyte Legacy Bios. The module is usually named "SBF.bin" in the Bios. No SetDevID required.

Intel PCI ROM modules:

Note: If you are not sure which Intel LAN ROM is for you, read "Notes for Intel LAN ROM" in post #2

Intel PXE LAN ROM Boot Agent FE:

- >Intel LAN Boot Agent FE ROM v4.2.08<
Notes: This is the final version of the Intel LAN Boot Agent FE ROM module. It is usable with old Intel LAN Boot Agent FE Controllers after having customized the DeviceID by using SoniX's tool named "SetDevID".

Intel PXE LAN ROM Boot Agent GE:

- >Intel LAN Boot Agent GE ROM v1.5.89<
Notes: This is the latest currently available Intel LAN Boot Agent GE ROM module. It is usable with any fairly recent Intel LAN Boot Agent GE Controllers after having customized the DeviceID by using SoniX's tool named "SetDevID". Thanks to SoniX for the file.

- >Intel LAN Boot Agent GE ROM v1.5.62<
Note: This is the last Boot Agent GE ROM module before Intel branched out some network controllers to the Boot Agent CL. This module was designed for older Intel LAN Controllers like DEV_1502 and DEV_1503, but may work with other old Intel LAN Controllers as well (In any case, you should verify and customize the DeviceID and the checksum-8 by using an Hex Editor or "SetDevID"). Credits for the file goes to SoniX. Be warned that you should not update using this old module. Instead, you should find if your network controller should now be updated with the newer GE version of the module or the new CL module.

Intel PXE LAN ROM Boot Agent XE:

- >Intel LAN Boot Agent XE ROM v2.4.45<
Notes: This is the latest currently available Intel LAN Boot Agent XE ROM module. It is usable with nearly recent Intel LAN Boot Agent XE Controllers after having customized the DeviceID by using SoniX's tool named "SetDevID".

Intel PXE LAN ROM Boot Agent XE (X550):

- >Intel LAN Boot Agent XE (X550) ROM v2.4.45<
Notes: This is the latest currently available Intel LAN Boot Agent XE (X550) ROM module. It is usable with nearly recent Intel LAN Boot Agent XE (X550) Controllers after having customized the DeviceID by using SoniX's tool named "SetDevID".

Intel PXE LAN ROM Boot Agent I40E:

- >Intel LAN Boot Agent I40E ROM v1.1.28<
Notes: This is the latest currently available Intel LAN Boot Agent I40E ROM module. It is usable with nearly all modern Intel LAN Boot Agent I40E Controllers after having customized the DeviceID by using SoniX's tool named "SetDevID".

Intel PXE LAN ROM Boot Agent CL:

- >Intel LAN Boot Agent CL ROM v0.1.16<
Notes: This is the latest currently available Intel LAN Boot Agent CL ROM module. It is usable with nearly all modern Intel LAN Boot Agent CL Controllers after having customized the DeviceID by using SoniX's tool named "SetDevID". Thanks to frwil.

Intel FCoE Option ROM:

- >Intel FCoE Option ROM v1.8.29<
Notes: FCoE stands for "Fibre Channel over Ethernet". This is the latest currently available Intel FCoE Option ROM module. It is usable only by the following controllers and after having customized the DeviceID by using SoniX's tool named "SetDevID". Please note that it is possible that this list of controllers may not be complete.

- Intel® Converged Network Adapter X540-T1 Product code: X540T1
- Intel® Converged Network Adapter X540-T2 Product code: X540T2
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X520-DA2 Product code: E10G42BTDA
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X520-SR1 Product code: E10G41BFSR
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X520-SR2 Product code: E10G42BFSR

Intel iSCSI Option ROM:

- >Intel iSCSI Option ROM v3.1.70<
Notes: iSCSI stands for "Internet Small Computer System Interface". This is the latest currently available Intel iSCSI Option ROM module. It is usable only by the following controllers and after having customized the DeviceID by using SoniX's tool named "SetDevID". Please note that it is possible that this list of controllers may not be complete.

Product name ; Controller:
Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I340-F4 82580
Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I340-T4 82580
Intel® Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter 82574L
Intel® Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter 82576
Intel® Gigabit EF Dual Port Server Adapter 82576
Intel® Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter 82576
Intel® Gigabit ET2 Quad Port Server Adapter 82576
Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter 82571GB
Intel® PRO/1000 PT Quad Port LP Server Adapter 82571GB
Intel® PRO/1000 PF Quad Port Server Adapter 82571GB
Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter 82571GB
Intel® PRO/1000 PF Dual Port Server Adapter 82571GB
Intel® PRO/1000 PT Server Adapter 82572GI
Intel® PRO/1000 PF Server Adapter 82572GI
Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540-T2, -T1 X540
Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520 Series 82599ES
Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X520-T2 82599ES
Intel® 10 Gigabit AF DA Dual Port Server Adapter 82598EB
Intel® 10 Gigabit AT Server Adapter 82598EB
Intel® 10 Gigabit AT2 Server Adapter 82598EB
Intel® 10 Gigabit XF SR Server Adapter 82598EB
Intel® 10 Gigabit XF LR Server Adapter 82598EB
Intel® 10 Gigabit XF SR Dual Port Server Adapter 82598EB
Intel® 10 Gigabit CX4 Dual Port Server Adapter 82598EB

Intel VGA ROM (vBios)

Since the manufacturers of mainboards with an Intel Chipset from 6-Series up put slightly different Intel VGA ROM modules into the mainboard BIOS (look >here<), I do not offer here any VGA ROM modules for Intel iGPUs.
Nevertheless you can build a suitable Intel VGA ROM module yourself. The related guide is >here<.
If you are searching for a special Intel VGA ROM version, you should download the package, which has been linked by SoniX at the end of the start post of >this< thread.

Marvell PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related):

Marvell 88E8056 Yukon LAN ROM

- >Marvell 88E8056 Yukon PXE LAN ROM v6.68.1.3<
Note: This module is dated 10/28/2010 and designed for the Marvell Yukon LAN Controller DEV_4380. It may be usable with other Marvell 88E8056 Ethernet Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries from "AB 11 80 43" to "AB 11 xx 43", where xx means the 2 last digits of the special DeviceID. Credits go to thxtex for the file.

Realtek PCI ROM modules:

Note: If you are not sure which Realtek LAN ROM is for you, maybe reading "Notes for Realtek LAN ROM" in post #2 can help

Realtek PCI FE LAN ROM

- >Realtek Fast Ethernet PXE PCI LAN ROM v2.24<
Note: This module is designed for the Realtek LAN Controller DEV_8139. It will be usable with other Realtek 81xx Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries from "EC 10 39 81" to "EC 10 xx 81", where xx means the 2 last digits of the special DeviceID. The PXE only version can usually be recognized in the original Bios by its 2 files named "rtspxe_m.lom" and "rtspxe_s.lom" and the ROM is smaller than the "PXE + RPL" of the same version. It is possible that you will need only one file if only one of them is in your Bios.

- >Realtek Fast Ethernet PXE + RPL PCI LAN ROM v2.24<
Note: This module is designed for the Realtek LAN Controller DEV_8139. It will be usable with other Realtek 81xx Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries from "EC 10 39 81" to "EC 10 xx 81", where xx means the 2 last digits of the special DeviceID. The PXE + RPL version can usually be recognized in the original Bios by its name "rtsrom_m.lom" and the ROM is bigger than the "PXE only" of the same version.

Realtek PCIe FE LAN ROM

- >Realtek PCIe FE LAN PXE ROM v1.38<
Note: This module is designed for the Realtek LAN Controller DEV_8136. It will be usable with other Realtek 81xx Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries from "EC 10 36 81" to "EC 10 xx 81", where xx means the 2 last digits of the special DeviceID. The PXE only version can usually be recognized in the original Bios by its name "rtepxe.lom" and the ROM is smaller than the "PXE + RPL" of the same version.

- >Realtek PCIe FE LAN PXE + RPL ROM v1.38<
Note: This module is designed for the Realtek LAN Controller DEV_8136. It will be usable with other Realtek 81xx Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries from "EC 10 36 81" to "EC 10 xx 81", where xx means the 2 last digits of the special DeviceID. The PXE + RPL version can usually be recognized in the original Bios by its name "rterom.lom" and the ROM is bigger than the "PXE only" of the same version.

Realtek PCIe GBE LAN ROM

- >Realtek PCIe GBE LAN PXE ROM v2.67<
Note: This module is designed for the Realtek LAN Controller DEV_8168. It will be usable with other Realtek 81xx Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries from "EC 10 68 81" to "EC 10 xx 81", where xx means the 2 last digits of the special DeviceID. The PXE only version can usually be recognized in the original Bios by its name "rtegpxe.lom" and the ROM is smaller than the "PXE + RPL" of the same version.

- >Realtek PCIe GBE LAN PXE + RPL ROM v2.66<
Note: This module is designed for the Realtek LAN Controller DEV_8168. It will be usable with other Realtek 81xx Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries from "EC 10 68 81" to "EC 10 xx 81", where xx means the 2 last digits of the special DeviceID. The PXE + RPL version can usually be recognized in the original Bios by its name "rtegrom.lom" and the ROM is bigger than the "PXE only" of the same version.

Realtek PCIe 2.5GBE LAN ROM

- >Realtek PCIe 2.5GBE LAN PXE ROM v3.01<
Note: This module is designed for the Realtek LAN Controller DEV_8125. It will be usable with other Realtek 81xx Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries from "EC 10 25 81" to "EC 10 xx 81", where xx means the 2 last digits of the special DeviceID. This version can usually be recognized in the original Bios by its name "rtegpxe.lom" and no "PXE + RPL" version exist.

Realtek PCIe Gaming LAN ROM

- >Realtek PCIe Killer E2500V2 E2600 Gaming LAN ROM v2.66<
Note: This module is made by Realtek for the Killer E2500V2 and E2600 in the Realtek Gaming family line LAN ROM. Said simply, it is a Realtek ROM made and customized for the Killer cards. It will be usable by the Killer Controllers after having changed the related hex code entries to "EC 10 00 26" for E2600 or "EC 10 02 25" for the E2500V2. To my knowledge, this ROM can only be used with those 2 Killer controllers but feel free to test and report your results. Thanks to SoniX for discovering and sharing this file.

Note:
This list will be continued and updated by request and when i find something new. Please send me a PM or post an update if you find somewhere an interesting new ROM module that is not AHCI/RAID related.
1 Like

Notes for Intel LAN ROM: Intel has a tons of differrent LAN controllers ID and support on some controllers have been splitted between GE and CL. Also, the difference between XE and XE (550) is another confusing matter to name a few. How to know which one is for your PC? The usual method of simply looking into the original Bios to see what was there and put back the same updated version is not a guarantee of doing the best or even the right thing anymore. So how to do it?

The easiest way i found is to download UBU and go into the /Files/intel/LAN folder and open the .txt files that are there. Each .txt file has a list of all the controllers Device ID that this version (New GE, Old GE, CL, XE or XE (X550)) should be used for. As an exemple: If you can’t find your Device ID in the OBAGE.txt file then it was probably switched from GE to the CL line of development by Intel and you should maybe find it in the OBACL.txt instead. This means that even if you had a GE ROM originally, you should replace it with a CL ROM instead. Big credits goes to SoniX for giving us a way that is easier to find out what is needed.

For precisions about the GE split (the way i understand it): Some times ago, there was just the GE branch of development by Intel but, one day, they decided to split it. This happened around the time of the GE v1.5.62. Two things happened:

- Controllers that were too old to develop anymore (or at least more rarely) were taken from the version GE v1.5.62 and were branched out to the new CL line.
- Controllers that Intel could and wanted to continue to develop in the same direction continued to remain in the GE line and are now GE v1.5.62+ (ex.: GE v1.5.89)

Since then and in more recent times, completely new lines of development like the XE line made their appearances.

If i am wrong somewhere, please feel free to correct me.

Notes for Realtek LAN ROM: Realtek seems to have done like Intel did and made new lines of development. Take note that, to my knowledge, contrary to Intel, there was no split in the lines. There was only the development of completely new lines. So no need to knock your head on the wall like you could do with Intel. For example: If your original Bios had a GBE module, you should still need to replace it by an updated GBE modules. Here are the lines known with some examples of LAN controllers in each line of development:

Fast Ethernet (Should not be confused with FE but can also be considered as the PCI branch of FE. This one is the oldest line and is different from FE by using the older PCI (not PCIe) and is able to do 10/100Mbps)
10EC 810X
10EC 8130
10EC 8139

FE (FE for Fast Ethernet. Could be considered as the PCIe branch of FE. Those are older PCIe LAN controllers capable of 10/100Mbps. If your controller is not capable of doing faster than 100Mbps, it is probably in the FE line)
10EC 8136

GBE (GBE for Gigabit Ethernet. Those are newer controllers capable of 10/100/1000Mbps. This means that if your controller is not capable of doing faster than 1000Mbps, it is in the GBE line)
10EC 8167
10EC 8168
10EC 8169

2.5GBE (2.5GBE for 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet. Those are the most recent controllers capable of a top speed of 2.5Gbps. This means that if your controller is capable of doing faster than 1000Mbps, it is probably in the 2.5GBE line)
10EC 8125

Gaming (Gaming seems to be a special line for the Killer controllers)
10EC 2502 (Killer E2500V2)
10EC 2600 (Killer E2600)

Some additional infos can be found by reading the discussion related to post #8.

What do you think the Vendor ID belongs to Killer E2500V2 / E2600 Gigabit Ethernet Controller? ;))
Device ID 0x2600

@SoniX

Vendor ID for Killer E2500V2 / E2600 Gigabit Ethernet Controller is: VEN_1969

Here are what i could find (VEN_ID:DEV_ID):

1969:E0B2 "Killer E1000 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0B3 "Killer E1100 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0B4 "Killer E1200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0B5 "Killer E1300 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0B6 "Killer E1400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0B7 "Killer E1500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"

1969:E091 "Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0A1 "Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0B1 "Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0C1 "Killer E2600 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0D1 "Killer E2700 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0F1 "Killer E2800 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0A2 "Killer E2900 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"
1969:E0A3 "Killer E2900 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"

1969:E0A4 "Killer E3000 Gigabit Ethernet Controller"

@Phoenix48

Yeah? ;))
I thought so too, until I found this OROM.

rtk_killer.rar (30.5 KB)

@SoniX

Ok, now i am puzzled… I see in the ROM a DEV-ID: 2600 which should not exist (should be E0B1 or E0C1 instead). I see a VEN-ID: 10EC which is Realtek. And i see it with the date (08/15/18) which is not old for a ROM. I also see it is v2.66 which is consistent with the latest Realtek version.

Here is my guess and theory: Someone took a Realtek ROM (Maybe Realtek themselves?) and customized it for the Killer E2500V2 / E2600, both being explicitely named in the ROM. Because it is custom made, they renamed the DEV_ID to 2600. Unless it is an upgraded version that was needed for the E2500V2 and it was renamed because it was needed for the V2 and it happens to work also with the E2600 so it was named 2600?

I can understand the need to customize it but i am not sure to see the point of renaming the DEV_ID…

What do you think?

@SoniX

I just noticed that the ROM was made for “Rivet Networks” which is the parent company that owns “Killer Networking” that produce the Killer cards. This is another clue to solve this puzzle…

After thinking about it, i think it was renamed to 2600 because the ROM falls under the vendor Realtek (10EC) and, for some reasons i don’t know (probably some shady copyrights), it could not be named under the usual Killer vendor ID 1969 with the usual product ID.

Atheros -> BitFoot-Atheros -> Qualcomm-Atheros -> Rivet -> Who next?? ;))

It is possible that Realtek bought a license or rights to some Killer chips.

If we go to the download Realtek site, we will see the following heading:
Realtek PCIe FE / GBE / 2.5G / Gaming Ethernet Family Controller Software
As we see 4 directions.

• FE
    - 10EC 8136
  • GbE
    - 10EC 8167
    - 10EC 8168
    - 10EC 8169
  • 2.5G
    10EC 8125
  • Gaming
    - 10EC 2502 ->> (v2, 2500 - v1)
    - 10EC 2600

- 10EC 3000 this ID is not yet clear to 2.5 or Gaming.

Yes, i think we are right. Very interresting to see now more clearly in your list how Realtek seems to be slowly doing a move like Intel did by splitting his LAN lines of drivers and ROM.

I will post your ROM in the first post as soon as i have the time. Thanks for sharing your finding.

In general, the list is much wider in terms of Vendor ID from EFI Realtek UNDI.
There may be such an option: 1A56 2502 and 1A56 2600
Also 10EC 3000 can be like 10EC 8125.

Therefore, it will be necessary to observe the Realtek download page.
Since the Rivet Networks site has nothing, only drivers for OS.

Hello,

I have a GA-Z77X-UD3H (rev. 1.0) and I want to use the Atheros AR815x LAN ROM to 2.0.6.6 update.
I looked into the F18 and F20e BIOS images from Gigabyte’s website for my revision and it seems I have the AR8151 (v1.0) 1969-1073 --same for the GA-Z77X-UD3H (rev. 1.1)-- but under the Windows 10 device manager I have 1969-1083.
I have read that the modification and update procedure concerns the AR8151 (v2.0) 1969-1083 and not the AR8151 (v1.0) 1969-1073.
[OUTDATED] PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related) (15)
Also I found some bios mods for my motherboard and people use the 2.0.6.6.
Any idea ? AR8151 (v1.0) 1969-1073 and AR8151 (v2.0) 1969-1083 are the same products with no major differences ?
Have I to change the DeviceID with 1073 or 1083 with the SetDevID tool ?

Thanks for your interest.

@SkyBenoit

Ok, let me explain in details what to do and why.

The hardware ID reported in Windows, or any usual hardware identification software for that matter, is what is set in the LAN module (usually .LOM) in the Bios. It does NOT read it on the LAN chip itself.

Unfortunately, it sometimes happen that some companies just cut corners installing the .LOM and put there not the right hardware ID because the LAN chip on the motherboard is not even that. Sometimes it is because the stocks for the original chip that was supposed to be there is depleted and they put the closest thing instead and forgot to change the ID accordingly. Other times it is just being lazy… Anyway, does it work? Yes, no problems because they choose one that is very close to it and it is compatible. But is it reporting the right thing? Never, because it is not even that piece of hardware that is on the motherboard.

It happened to me once. I had a motherboard that was reporting for years that i had a chip 8086-10CD (Intel 82567LF) but one day i decided to upgrade the .LOM and something didn’t add up (i don’t even remember what anymore in my case) just like you and i decided to verify directly on the chip and looked at the specs sheet from Intel, then i realised that it was definitely without any doubt instead a 8086-10CE (82567V-2). So i changed the .LOM ID to 10CE and Windows was reporting the right thing.

So my recommendation is this: Find your motherboard user manual on the internet and look at the diagram showing where the LAN chip should be located. Then open your PC and look at the chip yourself. If it is an AR8151 v1.0 it may be written only “AR8151”. But if it is an AR8151 v2.0, the “v2.0” part should definitely be there. It may also be possible that Atheros use their own internal piece number system on the chip (like AR8151-BL1A-RL or something like that). In that case, use google to find out it correspond to which one. Then set the dev_ID accordingly in the .LOM.

AR8151 v1.0 = 1969-1073
AR8151 v2.0 = 1969-1083

As for your question about the differences between the two, you will have to find the specs sheet or datasheet or product brief (or whatever Atheros call it) of each one and compare them to find what are thoses.

Hope this help.

Extracted from this new BIOS:
https://www.supermicro.com/Bios/softfile…9Z490P0_416.zip
Weird jump in version number.

Intel_Boot_Agent_GE_9.4.08.zip (34.6 KB)

It’s funny :)) I saw the same OROM version 0.9.04.

We must wait for the official package from Intel, then the version will be clearly understood.

@ALL

People! Who has information on the structure of the OROM files? Share please.

Since the creation of the SetDevID and OROMReplace utilities, I have come across strange things. As a result, what I know does not match what I see.

https://sites.google.com/site/pinczakko/…#opt_rom_header

Alas. I did not find anything new for myself.
All the same, it is not clear why the data from 0x02 does not always coincide with the visible size.
Example OROM AMD RAIDXpert2 7/8.
It is very rare in other OROMs.
It’s strange.

Added:
Okay. Here is a new tool OROMUtils v0.1.0 to play.
Combines SetDevIO and OROMReplace and + new functions: unpretentious info and OROM extraction.
Will be included in the next version of UBU.

oromutils.rar (48 KB)

Have you considered 4K alignment padding? For example, at OROM AMD RAIDXpert2 7, the size is 0x7C * 512 = 0xF800. The actual file (RAID_F50.bin) is 0x10000, which is clearly the 4K alignment padding of 0xF800.

Capture.PNG

@plutomaniac

It will be necessary to think.

Is it 2171.0?