[REQUEST] Dell T3610 to use multiple NVME on Asus Hyper m.2 x16

Hello guys,

Does anyone have configured Dell T3610 to do PCIe bifurcation (x16 => x4,x4,x4,x4), I bought one Asus Hyper m.2 x16 an 2 Kingston m.2 A2000, but only one was recognized =(
My actual BIOS version is A19. Just would like to know if it is possible.

Thanks in advance for the time to read my post!

@marcelogomes - With 2 NVME you only need 2 digits not 4
So x8x8 or x4x4 etc - Can you see IOH config page?

One IOH allows the following on slots
x8 or x4x4 (Default x8)
Other two slots allow x16, x8x8, x8x4x4, x4x8x8, x4x4x4x4 (Default for both x16 - so no bifurcation)

Other IOH similar options as above, but has x4x4 by default for one slot, did you try all slots?

I can set them any way you want, or we can try to make this page visible for you in BIOS etc.
Open BIOS in AMIBCP 4.55, go to IOH on right and you will see all the possible options and settings

I know I can change those to anything you want without issue, but I have not tried to make menus visible on this BIOS before that are not by visible by default (I often can though, so if we need to try we can do it )
If you do want to try a BIOS menu modification, zip image for me of all your main BIOS pages. If all you can see is general, sys config, video, security, secure boot, performance, power management, post behavior, virtualization support, maintenance, system logs - I do not need to see all this.
If the above is all you see in BIOS, just give me one screenshot of BIOS in general or at root, so I can see what you are looking at and how it all looks at a glance

Do you have flash programmer? If not, I know someone else with this board that does have one (I think) and if he does I bet he will test edits for me until I can sort it out (if I can)… If you do not have programmer yourself
I ask this because some BIOS may = brick while trying to sort edit method, so not ideal if you do not have programmer.
I’m speaking in general here, I have not see your BIOS images yet and have not looked into BIOS itself to inspect how BIOS modifications for menu on these would be done.

I am interested in modding this firmware. I do have a XGecu pro so can flash firmware if it fails.

@kawal - Do you just need NVME mod BIOS? If yes, please put on FD/ME/Service jumper and reboot to windows 3 times, then do the following below and send me file from step #1 - You will need “V8” ME System Tools package, to save you some time

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

I was able to DL the falsh without the reboot x3. I think I cant write to it without the reboot. Is that correct. Anyway I now have the bin file I will try to DL as well with the reboot. and see if there is a difference.
Thanks for the help.

---------------------

Ok the files are not he same . Here is the file with the Service jumper ON.

https://tinyurl.com/y4fq27z8

BTW NVME is main goal .

But not sure what else is possible. Overclock would be interesting but not sure even possible.

@kawal - Please put the service jumper on, then reboot to windows three times, and on the third time do FPT spoiler #1-2 - If #2 success then upload file from #1 only.

That is the file uploaded (link above) after 3rd reboot with jumper inserted. The upload and verify from point 2 was success.

Here is the link again

https://tinyurl.com/y4fq27z8

@kawal - thanks, please upload to another host, that does not require sign in, thanks

Hope this works

https://filebin.net/kyzzw4neaj1a0uwd

@kawal - I forgot this is split BIOS, please test the following, and if #2 success upload file from #1 (in max compressed zip)
1. FPTw.exe -d SPI.bin
2. FPTw.exe -f SPI.bin << If ANY SIZE ERROR = DO NOT PROCEED!!!

* It may be OK to flash back the BIOS region as-is with FPT, but I’m not 100% sure, so if we can, best to dump entire SPI and program back entire SPI all at once, if we can

There is a Message in step 2 :
The PDR region exists in Flash
Continuing will cause the loss of any preexisting data
Do you wish to continue?

Is that Ok to proceed?

@kawal - Upload file (in Zip) for me to check first, it should be OK since PDR was dumped and same contents will be flashed back in, but I’ll check PDR for you to be sure it’s not empty before you proceed
It appears to not be used in this BIOS anyway, I checked 3 other users programmer dumps, and PDR all match 100% to stock (so no actual important data is in there)

Well decided to hit yes and seemed to succeed
Here is the file
https://filebin.net/4gmwzszw3csczkxp
I did check that it actually contains Stuff

Yeah, it’s OK, see my edit above
NVME mod BIOS to follow here in edit shortly

BTW is NVME possible on the Precision T3600? - I have one of these as well. Its an older chip set C-600 .

@kawal - T3600 = Yes, see post #10, but NO, read all of thread, unless that user was not doing something right, seems T3600 BIOS maybe too old for most NVME - but you can crossflash it to T3610 BIOS
Dell T3600 Bios to support NVME SSD (Success)

Here, flash back via >> FPTw.exe -f spinvme.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…527322075949933

Then follow all steps exactly at #4 in the “This is what you should do” section here - NVME should be RAW or GPT initialized
[Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

*** WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user kawal at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not kawal, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

Programming took a while longer but passed.

Now going to reboot and install drive

@kawal - yes, that would be expected, since data was all changed vs previous dump/write being 100% same/same. As long as all OK on reboot your good to go
Good luck on the install! Best to have NVME RAW before you get started

You can use diskpart in windows from OS (Direct from any CMD Prompt), or from installer ISO (press Shift + F10 on the first setup screen where you pick language)
Either way, remove all other drives, so only the NVME is there, and any other disk you will recognize by size/name etc - so you don’t accidentally wipe wrong things.

At CMD Prompt >>

>> Diskpart
>> List disk << Here, identify by size, and then note the number which disk you will be wiping to raw here (If in windows, this #'s will match what you see the drives shown as in Disk Management) - Be sure you do not select your USB or main OS drive if in OS
>> Select Disk # << here, replace # with NVME # you want to wipe to raw.
>> Clean
>> Exit

Wiped the drive and cloned the old one to NVME. It did not want to boot but after turning off secure boot and back on it booted.
Did test with AS SSD getting 2754MB reads and 1906MB writes from a Ps5012-E12 based drive (Inland TLC from Microcenter).

Thank you so much for the BIOS mod.

@kawal - Cloned old one, was it old GPT disk install? Is partition aligned, are those speeds what you expected from that drive?
You’re welcome! Now you can remove jumper and reboot