Flash Modded BIOS on ASUS Z97-K

Hi, i am trying to flash a modded version of my bios on my ASUS Z97-K, and it is not working.
I keep getting secure flash verification failed on AFUDOS, and EZ Flash 2 says its not a proper BIOS file.
I have tried using UEFITool and extract the body and this does not work.

How do i flash this modded bios? my motherboard does not have a USB BIOS Flashback button.
I cannot find any working methods, i see people on ASRock Z97 boards modding without problems but i cannot flash.

Please have a look into the start post of >this< thread.
Our Forum member CodeRush has written a special guide for owners of an ASUS mainboard without the USB Flashback option. You can find it >here<.

Yes, the method to get a modded AMI UEFI BIOS flashed into an ASRock mainboard is much easier (see the first link above).

Please have a look into the start post of >this< thread.
Our Forum member CodeRush has written a special guide for owners of an ASUS mainboard without the USB Flashback option. You can find it >here<.

Yes, the method to get a modded AMI UEFI BIOS flashed into an ASRock mainboard is much easier (see the first link above).

I searched the internet for an additional 4 hours non-stop.
I found those post you have included while i was searching, and they did not help exactly, the lock still remains.
CodeRush mentions the use of /GAN and how this could succeed to flash but not save the modded changes, so i didn’t want to use that.

But after the 4 hours i was searching there was no other way to do it besides /GAN so i tried /GAN and it worked i verified in windows by saving the bios file installed and i see the changes in the file, every change worked. even in my bios i can see it says cpu microcode is 1C instead of what is was before.

SO apparently for me /GAN is the only way to do it and it apparently works 100% of the time, i tried it twice and each time all changes were made.
Only thing i did different than others was first open up UEFITool and do the extract body method they say to do on the ASRock boards to remove the lock, i did that on the modded file then used /GAN and it works no prob.

1 Like

@ GlitchyHack:

Congratulations for your success and thank you very much for your report about how you managed it.
It would be a good idea, if you would add a short guide about your exact procedure into >this< “stickied” thread.
This will help other users with a similar problem to find your way to solve it.

1 Like