AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Not when I choose RST instead of RSTe in the BIOS

@ henson:

Which one of the SataDriver modules did you update resp. which name did you give the SataDriver v12.9.01006?

I updated satadriver12 and due to that the name changed to just satadriver. So after changing I have satadriver3.8.xx, satadriver11 and satadriver inside my BIOS.

Do not know what to do. UBU allot or not? Iā€™m on the Z77 and Z87 13th version works very well.

That is strange.
Usually the module name will not be altered, if you use the "Replace" tab.

Do not know what to do. UBU allot or not? Iā€™m on the Z77 and Z87 13th version works very well.

I still Think they are good option, 13.1 works well for me too,
a step up for anyone with 12.7 that donā€™t want to use 13.1 as Intel never released 12.8

For the RSTe sata driver module itā€™s same. The name before was just satadriver. After uptdating via UBU to version 3.8.x the name also changed to satadriver3.8.xā€¦
Original for my BIOS is: 1. satadriver (RSTe)
2. satadriver11 (RST dev. 2822, since an upgrade by ASRock to branch 12.7.x together with the OROM 11.2.x not used anymore)
3. satadriver12 (RST dev. 55aa, the one I have to update)

Maybe I have to find a way to keep theese original names somehow. Is there a way to rename the modules after insertion?

Best regards hanson

@hanson

It could be that the dependencies are not satisfied. Here is a module for your board, which keeps the headers and replaces only the body. Use MMTool and replace SataDriver12 with this one, but also update OROM with link 8086-55AA with the new 12.9 bin. This way you will replace 12.7 with 12.9 in both places.

AsrE6 12.9.rar (70.3 KB)

Again thanks a lot mate!!

Maybe you should wait until we got more feedback from users, who tested this new Intel RAID ROM v12.9.0.1006.
I am wondering why the mainboard manufacturers (inclusive Intel itself!) didnā€™t insert this OROM version into their Z77 and Z78 BIOSes, although it should have been available for them since November 2013.

@lordkag

Thx it works!! Problem was the name of the moduleā€¦ I can confirm TRIM functionality as well

@ Pacman
@ Fernando
All thatā€™s weird.
Ok. When requested then I add instead 12.7.0.1936.

@ Hanson

The SataDriver 12 is a UEFI module Sata Driver, it is NOT a CSMCORE, where you drop down the DEV ID, and anyway, it is a Intell 2822 NOT a 55aa.
Your Sata Driver 12 is the 12.7.0 1936 OROM.
You must use INSERT and not Replace or the SataDriver 12 will change to SataDriver and will still load the 12.7 OROM. This is of course if you install windows in UEFI and Not in BIOS mode.
To remove any OROM you either need to overwrite it or just flash a original BIOS.

EDIT by Fernando: Empty lines deleted

@odiebugs

No, the name has nothing to do with it. I can provide any name I want and the driver will work just fine. The problem is with DXE dependencies, which must be followed or the driver wonā€™t load. Also, the ID is 55AA as a second option, because 2822 is taken by 11.6.x OROM.

Donā€™t confuse OROMs with EFI drivers, EFI uses GUID and OROM uses ID.

Ok I see how the 2822 only shows 11. but this has noting to do with replacing or inserting, this is not used as to change a SataDriver, this is used to change the CSMCORE.

So you donā€™t see any DEV ID. Yes, meant Driver, always forget OROM BIOS, EFI- Driver.

Correct ?

@ lordkag

I donā€™t suppose you can tell me how to get the 12.9 .FFS to install. I have tried the replace and insert, insert as is, insert Un com, and I still load the 12.7 I canā€™t get the 12.9 to work on my X79 with the SataDriver 12.
Wonā€™t ask Fernando, as he has already helped me a thousands times and is busy helping too many.

OROMs, which are located in CSMCORE, have no name, only link in the format VendorID-DeviceID.
EFI Drivers have GUID (that long sequence of numbers) and also have a User Interface in the form of a name. This name has no importance, since the driver is loaded by GUID and connected by DXE Dependencies.

Hanson had no trouble replacing the RAID OROM in CSMCORE, which in his case has 8086-55AA ID for 12.7 series and 8086-2822 for 11.x series, 8086-2826 for RSTe.

His problems came when he updated the SataDriver, which has different dependencies in his case, since his board has 3 RAID drivers.

I can help you if you tell me what board you have or post a link to a BIOS.

@odiebugs

For my X79 it worked with the ffs file that lordkag just uploaded a couple of posts ago. That one will keep the name satadriver12 when replacing, so I (and maybe you too) can do UEFI boot right now with the 12.9.0.2006 driverā€¦

@ lordkag

I have a X79, my there are the same as his, a RSTE 3 version, SataDriver 11- which is 11.series driver and 12 which is 12 series.
You said the GUID was connected by DXE, but from what I read only the OROM is and the UEFI Driver does not have a Dependency expression.
I tried to Replace, Insert, Insert as is, Insert Uncom, and canā€™t get the 12.9 .FFS to load.

@ hanson

Thanks for the heads up, will try this .FFS, the one at Station driver wonā€™t take.