AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

By the way, Marvell has also released and EFI Driver for 9192.

Marvell 9192 RAID 1.1.0.1007.rar (71.5 KB)

And I do not understand, why? Situation as with the BIOS from AsMedia 106x v3.02.
Ok. We shall assume 1.0.1.0025 the latest version. :slight_smile:

@lordkag
Please help me with the search version. :slight_smile:
Thank you in advance.

mrv_efi.rar (48.7 KB)

I am not sure about that.
We will have to wait for the version of the next Marvell AHCI/RAID ROM module.
It seems possible for me, that Marvell has given up the development of new small sized OROM modules, which need additional components (Firmware and Bootloader).
The 400 KB sized new Marvell EFI RAID module v1.1.0.1007 indicates the same.

@Fernando

They only updated RST and video, but not quite latest versions. The rest are old versions, thatā€™s why I say that 1.0.1.0025 is latest. The only other possibility is that 1.0.1.0025 is bugged, but no one reported that yet.

z97.png

@SoniX

It is 1.1.0.1005.

Marvell EFI version.png

As you can see >here<, the Marvell AHCI/RAID ROM module v1.0.1.0025 has already been available in August 2012.

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:
This module was taken from the BIOS in ASUS Z77-V LE Plus. there Marvell 9172 controller.
What do you think, version 1.1.0.1007 suitable for replacement?
Can we say that this module will be universal for all controllers Marvell 91xx?

@Fernando

Thanks for investigating further! It takes quite a team work to understand something from Marvellā€™s mess. Now I have compared all the versions of 9192 I could grab and I can 90% say that 1.0.1.0025 is the oldest version and 1.0.0.0034 is the newest. The differences between 1.0.1.0025 and 1.0.0.0026 are much smaller than 1.0.0.0026 vs 1.0.0.0027 and 1.0.0.0027 vs 1.0.0.0034, plus it is missing something that I find important (present in all newer modules):

Marvell 9192 comparison.png

I should have remembered this from the false labeling of Marvellā€™s firmwares, where 2.1.1.1404 is followed by 2.1.2.1408 and then by 2.1.0.1410.

@SoniX

The latest version for 9192 ROM is 1.0.0.0034. If you need 1.0.0.0026 and 1.0.0.0027 for comparison, I can upload them, but Iā€™m almost sure that 1.0.1.0025 is in fact 1.0.0.0025 with a false label.

About EFI drivers I really donā€™t know what to say, considering that this is Marvell. They have different GUID, but this is not the first time this is happening. My guess is that manufacturers only receive the .efi part, then they add GUID, user interface and the rest.

The version 1.1.0.1007 has the label MV9192Dxe, but this could again be just a label Gigabyte has added for clarity, since that board has 9192 controller.

The best way to check this is to find a volunteer with an ASUS Z77-V LE Plus board, replace the EFI/PE32 section of Marvell EFI with the newest 1.1.0.1007 and test in UEFI with CSM disabled.

@lordkag
Thank you very much! :slight_smile:
I will make adjustments to the UBU.
Best Regards.

@Fernando
>Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM+BIOS module v1.0.0.0034 for DEV_91a2<

Best Regards!

MRV_91A2_1000034.rar (57.7 KB)

Thanks, SoniX!
Meanwhile I have added this new complete Marvell OROM for DEV_91a2 to the start post of this thread and removed the older v1.0.1.0025 modules.

Checked, it works! :slight_smile:
Then add support in UBU. The only pity is that the GUID on different motherboards different, but these are trifles. :slight_smile:

I wanted to ask, you do not understand how to build support from EFI AsMedia 106x?

Checked, it works! :slight_smile:
ā€¦

I wanted to ask, you do not understand how to build support from EFI AsMedia 106x?

@SoniX

Are you saying you found someone with that board and the replacement worked? Did he tested both Marvell ports, run some benchmarks with HDD/SSD connected to that port, all done in pure UEFI?

As for Asmedia 106x, there is no hope. All I could find was some generic DXE drivers, nothing that can be used and nothing important. The 106x chip is old and apparently they donā€™t have anything new for the ordinary consumer, based on a search for this.

Yes. But I want to test it myself yet. To do this, I was promised a similar motherboard for testing.

I also found 2 module DXE and PEIM, but nothing really to do with them could not.

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

1. new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v13.1.0.2126
  2. new: ā€œUniversally TRIM mofifiedā€ Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v13.1.0.2126

Thanks to SoniX for the source file.

good evening to all.
I have a problem with update for my Gigabyte X58A-OC.
I want update my marvell 9182 rom with this: >Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM v1.0.0.0032 for DEV_9182<.
And my realtek 8186 rom but I take a different checksum and take error after flash mod bios.
Who can help???
Thanks in advanced

p.s. sorry for my bad english

@ pipes80:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Usually the checksum of Option ROM modules will be automaticly corrected by the BIOS modding tool.
Which BIOS modding tool and which BIOS flash method did you use and which error message did you get while trying to flash the BIOS?

Regards
Fernando

Usually the checksum of Option ROM modules will be automaticly corrected by the BIOS modding tool.
Which BIOS modding tool and which BIOS flash method did you use and which error message did you get while trying to flash the BIOS?

Regards
Fernando

I use awdbedit-1.02 or CBROM 1.98 (same problem), I post a photo of the error: http://i61.tinypic.com/nd2zdk.jpg

You should better post a screenshot from the details after having opened the original BIOS by the tool CBROM.
I suspect, that the Option ROM modules were above the sensitive MEMINIT module. In this case you cannot use CBROM 198.

This is my x58a-oc bios open in CBROM: http://i57.tinypic.com/287duer.jpg
I want try will use all two selcted ROM.
But marvell option rom is more small of that contain in my bios.
This bios has already been modified by the site TweakTown

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded quoted text deleted