AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Thanks for the requested screenshot.
I will do a deeper look into the BIOS tomorrow.

Questions:
1. Did the BIOS work, which had been already modified by someone at TweakTown?
2. Why did the TweakTown guy not update the 2 requested OROM modules?

1. I downloaded and flashed the bios done by them, which is a F5E and now I was trying to update the OROM 2 (marvell & Realtek)
    2. I have not request to update with new oromā€™s.
    Sorry for my bad english!!!

@ pipes80:

The update of the Marvell 91xx RAID ROM module may be difficult, because your BIOS obviously needs a module, which includes the related Marvell Firmware and Bootloader.
Question: Do you use the Mavell SATA ports at all? If yes, which drives are connected to them?

I use one drive ssd sata 6gā€¦I have try to create with imgcreate in marvell firmware 2.0ā€¦

Is it your system drive with the OS? AFAIK you will get a better performance with the Intel SATA 3G ports than with the Marvell SATA 6G ones.
Which drives are connected to the Intel SATA ports?
What lets you think, that you will get benefit from an update of the Marvell 91xx RAID OROM module?

Is it your system drive with the OS? AFAIK you will get a better performance with the Intel SATA 3G ports than with the Marvell SATA 6G ones.
Which drives are connected to the Intel SATA ports?
What lets you think, that you will get benefit from an update of the Marvell 91xx RAID OROM module?

I dont know, I want see if change the work share with pci express line, take line from my slot where install my two videocard :frowning:

Meanwhile I have checked the latest BIOS F5D for your Gigabyte mainboard.
It contains a 137 KB sized Marvell 91xx RAID ROM module for DEV_91A2 v1.0.0.0017 incl. Firmware and Bootloader. That is the reason why it cannot be replaced by a 31 KB sized pure Marvell RAID ROM module for DEV_9182 without Firmware and Bootloader.
The question is: Why had Gigabyte inserted a DEV_91A2 module into the BIOS of a mainboard, wich has a DEV_9182 SATA Controller?

My suggestion is to let the Marvell 91xx RAID ROM module of the original BIOS untouched. I suspect, that your system neither needs nor uses the Marvell OROM.

I read the same marvell orom 91a2b.bin

What does that mean?

What does that mean?

In this bios: http://download615.mediafire.com/w2s2845ā€¦5o6z/x58aoc.f5e there is a same rom 91a2b.bin

Ok, that is an older BIOS version for the same mainboard, but did the Marvell OROM work?
Is it possible to create a Marvell 91xx RAID array with this OROM, which supports another DeviceID than the on-board Marvell RAID Controller has?

Ok, that is an older BIOS version for the same mainboard, but did the Marvell OROM work?
Is it possible to create a Marvell 91xx RAID array with this OROM, which supports another DeviceID than the on-board Marvell RAID Controller has?

Is last beta bios f5e.
I donā€™t know, iā€™ve no try to create an array with this orom

I am enter in raid configuration and this is the version I use now: http://i59.tinypic.com/2enu8u0.jpg
You can create with this: Marvell_AHCI-ROM_DEV-9182_v1.0.0.0032?
And all component for create image for bios?
I have try with this: marvell_88se91xx_firmware_2.2.0.1125b but no work :frowning:

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded quoted text deleted (to save space within this thread)

I donā€™t think, that it will work with your system.
Please check the HardwareIDs of the Marvell RAID Controller within the "Storage Controllers" section of the Device Manager (right click onto the Cotroller > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").

Device id is: PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_9182&SUBSYS_B0001458&REV_11

You can create an image with this: marvell_88se91xx_firmware_2.2.0.1125b
Marvell_AHCI-ROM_DEV-9182_v1.0.0.0032
and other component to create an image?

Thanks for the info, which verifies, that the original BIOS of your mainboard contains a Marvell 91xx RAID ROM module, which does not match the DeviceID of the on-board Marvell SATA Controller.

I am not able to do that.
What I have tried is to replace the original DEV_91A2 Marvell 91xx ROM module of the BIOS by the "Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM+BIOS module v1.0.0.0034 for DEV_91a2" (you can find it >here<). The replacement worked fine, but when I tried to extract the freshly inserted OROM, I got a "Bad table" message and the extraction failed. This indicates, that something is or went wrong with the BIOS.
Look here:

EDIT:
Meanwhile I have tried to insert the Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM+BIOS v1.0.0.0034, which I had customized for the DEV_9182, but I got the same error message agin.

My suggestion is to let the Marvell OROM untouched. A proper insertion of a newer module will be difficult. Furthermore you will not get any benefit by updating the module, because you donā€™t use the Marvell RAID option.

@pipes80

If this is not too late and youā€™re not too scared about flashing a modded BIOSā€¦

I have updated the following:
- Intel RST RAID from 10.6.0.1091 to 11.2.0.1527 with TRIM in RAID0, provided by CPL0 and Fernando
- Marvell 91A2 from 1.0.0.0017 to 1.0.0.0034
- Realtek PXE+RPL from 2.39 to 2.59

Because of the error with the bad table, I had to use a manual replace with a hex editor. I also added a dummy.bin, to have all other modules in their original place. The problem was with correcting the checksum, with cbrom 1.98 doing something funny with EXTBIOS.bin, no matter what I tried. So I used cbrom 1.55, which left all the modules intact, just replaced some padding with some information regarding sections. I think the original BIOS was badly compiled, so letā€™s hope everything is now corrected.

There was another problem with the CPU microcodes, where cpu000206C2 has been added twice with a different version (ver0000000F_plat03_date#18-06-2010 and ver00000014_plat03_date#11-03-2011) and cpu000106A5 can be updated from ver00000011_plat03_date#14-04-2009 to ver00000019_plat03_date#21-06-2013. But since there is too much work to be done with cutting, adding, reformat dummy.bin - I left this untouched. You should check your CPU and see if you have a CPUID in the list above.

If you want to test another BIOS with some older components, there is one in this section.

Edited: Reuploaded the file, because I have provided the one from the above link, by mistake.

x58aoc_f5e_mod1.rar (1000 KB)

I have update with all component updated, but i want try if yoyr modded bios is more good for my xeon x5650.
Thank you man

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded quoted text deleted (to save space)

@pipes80

Your CPU appears to have the affected 0206C2 CPUID. This will remove the older duplicated microcode and update the other one:
- CPUID 0206C2 : ver0000000F_plat03_date#18-06-2010 is removed. Kept only ver00000014_plat03_date#11-03-2011.
- CPUID 0106A5 : updated from ver00000011_plat03_date#14-04-2009 to ver00000019_plat03_date#21-06-2013
- CPUID 0106CA : added to preserve the original size of NCPUCODE.bin

The rest is the same as previous modded BIOS. Reuploaded the previous BIOS, I mixed up the archives.

x58aoc_f5e_mod2_cpu.rar (1000 KB)

My version tweaktown mod of rst rom is v11.6.0.1702

EDIT by Fernando: Quoting corrected (wrong author)