AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Before I compare them, I need the following informations:
1. Which "RTSe" RAID ROM version do you mean?
2. Where did you get your ROM module?

EDIT:
You obviously meant the Intel RST RAID ROM v13.5.0.2118.
I just compared your linked module with the one I am offering within the start post of this thread by using a Hex Editor (HxD). Result: They are absolutely identic!
Please check your ZIP archive. It seems to be corrupted.

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

1. new: Intel RAID ROM v13.5.0.2164 for DEV_2822/282A (original module)
  2. new: ā€œUniversally TRIM modifiedā€ Intel RAID ROM v13.5.0.2164 for DEV_2822/282A

Thanks to lordkag, who was the first who found this latest original Intel RAID ROM module. For details look >here<.

Have fun with the newest Intel RAID ROM version of the v13.5 branch, which may suit the best with the latest Intel RAID drivers v13.5.0.1056.
Fernando

EDIT:
I hope, that I will be able to offer the related EFI SataDriver v13.5.0.2164 this evening.

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

1. new: AMD AHCI ROM v3.2.2.0 for DEV_4391
  2. new: AMD AHCI ROM v3.2.2.0 for DEV_7801

Thanks to SoniX for having offered the source files with his UBU tool.

Have fun with the newest AMD AHCI ROM modules.
Fernando

Hi Fernando!

I have a Zotac H67ITX-C-E Mainboard and i want to configure a RAID5 with 4x4TB hard disk drives.
IRST 10.1 doesnā€™t support 4TB and iā€™m not able to get into RAID-menuā€¦

is there any possibility to change that? Iā€™m not pro in mod BIOS

greets shimply

@ shimply:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Have you already tried to update the Intel RAID ROM of the BIOS to v11.2.0.1527 by using the UBU tool?
Look >here<. It is very easy.

Regards
Fernando

thank you very much. so i "just" have to use steps 2. a)?
then it should work?

Yes, this way you will get the Intel RAID ROM module of the BIOS updated.
The dangerous part is the flashing of the modified BIOS. You should rename it to the original BIOS file, before you try it (and store the original BIOS somewhere outside the PC for the emergency case).

thanks, i will try this tomorrow.
the modded file is the "bios.bin" which i have to rename - am i right?

Yes.
Good luck!

hi fernando!

just tried that and it worked!
thank you very very much for your help!

Thanks for your feedback.

You are welcome!

Hello Fernando,

I was wondering if you could give me advice regarding a motherboard with DEV_2822 which is G45/ICH10.

Shall I use this (Classic)
Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527

Or this?
Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v13.5.0.2164

I understand that the there are two ways to install the driver for the newer version. Either in AHCI mode where the controller shows up as an IDE device in Windows, or with the filter driver where it shows up as a SCSI device.

Thanks

For your Intel ICH10R RAID system I recommend to insert the Intel RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 into the BIOS of your mainboard.

@ all:
Update of the Start post

Changelog:

• added: list of recommended Intel RAID ROM versions for the different Intel chipset RAID systems

Greetings from
Fernando

Thanks Fernando.

I replaced with 11.2.0.1527 and updated the driver to 11.2.0.1006.

Hi, I have a Sony VAIO VPCEB4C5E with AMI Aptio BIOS.
My machine have an Intel i5 480M (Arrandale) CPU on Ironlake-M (NB) + Ibex Peak-M HM55 (SB).
The only O-ROM available are VBIOSes, nothing about AHCI/RAID.

Could someone suggest me if I can add an updated O-ROM? Which one could suitable for my hardware? Can I put it as O-ROM since I donā€™t have any but VBIOSes?

Thanks and sorry for bad english!

PS: I have dumped my BIOS with an SPI R/W device, so I should be brick-free.

You can only update Option ROM modules, which are present within the mainboard BIOS. You may be physically able to insert other Option ROM modules, but I doubt, that your system will benefit from such BIOS modding.

The HM55 does not support RAID so you wonā€™t find any RAID oROMs inside the dumped BIOS. There is no upgradable AHCI oROM on modern platforms.

Hello
Marvel firmware and bootloader links redirecting me to home page.
Request: Can you update the following marvel modules to their latest version (v1.0.0.1038)
91A2 raid module
9182 ahci module
91A8 ide module
I tried several times to mod the files by myself without any success

Please explain: Do these download links not work for you? If yes, what about the other links?

According to my knowledge the Marvell AHCI/RAID ROM modules v1.0.0.1038 do not work with the Marvell SATA3 Controllers DEV_91A2 and DEV_9182. The latest availale AHCI/RAID ROM modules for them are within the start post of this thread.
If I should be wrong, please correct me.
Why are you searching for an IDE ROM module (for DEV_91A8)? AFAIK there is no Marvell IDE ROM within any mainboard BIOS.

Please explain: Do these download links not work for you? If yes, what about the other links?

According to my knowledge the Marvell AHCI/RAID ROM modules v1.0.0.1038 do not work with the Marvell SATA3 Controllers DEV_91A2 and DEV_9182. The latest availale AHCI/RAID ROM modules for them are within the start post of this thread.
If I should be wrong, please correct me.
Why are you searching for an IDE ROM module (for DEV_91A8)? AFAIK there is no Marvell IDE ROM within any mainboard BIOS.

Hello Fernando

1)Other downloads working fine except marvelā€™s firmware+bootloader
2)91A8 is for ide mode operation. I didnā€™t knew that xxx.38 modules were not compatible with marvelā€™s 9182 controller.